Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flickr limited photos

Default Flickr limited photos

For those using flickr, if your uploads exceed 200, will you upgrade to PRO account?

Default Re: Flickr limited photos

hahaha this type of question also ask...
    It's entirely your decision, isn't it?

I know quite a number of people who have upgraded and are extremely satisfied, if that helps
    Exploring! :)

i will increase the limit if necessary but so far i dun even use it to post, hmm maybe i'll upload in future.

Flickr has a larger community or perhaps the largest now.

Using the PRO account and i really satisfy with it

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    hahaha this type of question also ask...
    It's entirely your decision, isn't it?

I know quite a number of people who have upgraded and are extremely satisfied, if that helps
    Just checking with the peeps here Hah, i need to save money to upgrade now!

Just upgraded recently and very happy with it

I am also happy with flickr.
    But hopefully the page layout will be applicable not only on the first page. And a built-in application to sort pictures.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sgdevilzz View Post
    For those using flickr, if your uploads exceed 200, will you upgrade to PRO account?
    eh... I have pro account before I exceed 200.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgdevilzz View Post
    Just checking with the peeps here Hah, i need to save money to upgrade now!
    dude.... it is US$24.95 a year or roughly US$2 a month.... just save from drinking 3 can of coke a month should be sufficient to pay for it.
    With the added utilities that comes with it, it is easier to see how well your photos are doing.
    Last edited by coolthought; 30th April 2011 at 09:55 PM.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

I think for flickr u must have skill in tagging properly and must actively put photos in groups so that more ppl will see... Otherwise the viewership is very less...

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    eh... I have pro account before I exceed 200.
    same. i register and upgraded immediately haha

I don't see the need so I didn't. If you don't feel like upgrading but you are going to exceed the limit, then filter more, and post the better ones...

Quote Originally Posted by tehzeh View Post
    I don't see the need so I didn't. If you don't feel like upgrading but you are going to exceed the limit, then filter more, and post the better ones...
    if u lazy to backup your photos, upgrading to flickr pro is ideal. cos there surely comes to a point u have the best 200 photos u ever taken and 201 just came in. why restrict yourself to best 200 photos through out your photography life?

Blog Entries

It is not just the 200 photo limit.

Pro account also allow you to download and present more sizes of your pictures. You can even download your original upload in its original filename.

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    if u lazy to backup your photos, upgrading to flickr pro is ideal. cos there surely comes to a point u have the best 200 photos u ever taken and 201 just came in. why restrict yourself to best 200 photos through out your photography life?
    Oops sorry, I didn't face this situation before probably because I ain't got nice photos to upload. Unless I am sure that people would be viewing it, I wouldn't post it or I would delete it if I need that extra space, and if I don't want to pay for the pro account.

Seriously, I have seen many accounts where they just spam all the photos onto the photostream, there is no filtering, no nothing, just pure spamming. What's the use? Most photos only have 0 views and it isn't even properly titled.

I heard some companies ripping the member albums and sold their images else where in the past. Flickr did nothing to stop these people despite complaints. That is why they can't earn my money

Quote Originally Posted by tehzeh View Post
    Oops sorry, I didn't face this situation before probably because I ain't got nice photos to upload. Unless I am sure that people would be viewing it, I wouldn't post it or I would delete it if I need that extra space, and if I don't want to pay for the pro account.

Seriously, I have seen many accounts where they just spam all the photos onto the photostream, there is no filtering, no nothing, just pure spamming. What's the use? Most photos only have 0 views and it isn't even properly titled.
    i am not an exhibitionist and i dun aim to have many viewers on my photos. but flickr is a good place for online backup of my best shots (as compared to facebook) and hosting my images. I save bandwidth on my hosting account as well since photos was hosted by flickr and displayed on my website.

Quote Originally Posted by kineticworks View Post
    I heard some companies ripping the member albums and sold their images else where in the past. Flickr did nothing to stop these people despite complaints. That is why they can't earn my money
    u can set copyright controls to your photos.

Quote Originally Posted by kineticworks View Post
    once the photos show up at other people screen, it is already INSIDE their computer. even the downloading function is disable, there are ways to rip the photos from there.
    there is noting much for a image hosting company can do about it.

to deter others from using the photos, it is the photographer's responsibility to upload the photos in lowest resolution with watermark heavily.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

i'm extremely satisfied with pro account...for i think 36 dollars per year u can store unlimited photos in your account....i actually have ard 8000 plus photos and videos in my account already...lol...very good for online backup

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast