Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Any difference between Sandisk UltraII and Extreme CF ?

  1. #1

    Default Any difference between Sandisk UltraII and Extreme CF ?

    Hi there, I'm using Sandisk UltraII 512MB CF for 300D. superb performance! And now I saw there is Sandisk Extreme, stated the same write/read speed as UltraII.

    Has anyone tried Extreme before, and care to share is it any significant/stability performance between these 2 cards specifically with 300D?

    I know the price is quite a diff

    Thanks.
    Canon 40D|17-55 f/2.8 IS|100 f/2.8 Macro|135 f/2L|300 f/4L IS|430ex|BG-E2

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    TheDaysMovie.com
    Posts
    2,145

    Default

    Get a Ultra 2 enough liao....i have both of them... but i dun see much diff in performance when i use them in my S2pro & 10D.....
    Get a Ultra 2 is more worth it

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kerpalz
    Get a Ultra 2 enough liao....i have both of them... but i dun see much diff in performance when i use them in my S2pro & 10D.....
    Get a Ultra 2 is more worth it
    But the Extreme version more affordable price leh

    Extreme 512MB CF = S$149
    UltraII 512MB CF = S$219

    both stated as 9/10 write/read speed...
    Canon 40D|17-55 f/2.8 IS|100 f/2.8 Macro|135 f/2L|300 f/4L IS|430ex|BG-E2

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    CCK
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ST_sg
    But the Extreme version more affordable price leh

    Extreme 512MB CF = S$149
    UltraII 512MB CF = S$219

    both stated as 9/10 write/read speed...
    Huh?? Extreme cheaper than Ultra2?? When did that happen? In any case, your card can only work as fast as the camera writing to it. To that end, the 300D and 10D are SLOOOWWWWWW..........

    I have previouly found negligible difference in write speeds using my old 1GB Microdrive vs 1GB Sandisk Ultra 2 on my 300D.

    http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/mul...?cid=6007-6425

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkw
    Huh?? Extreme cheaper than Ultra2?? When did that happen? In any case, your card can only work as fast as the camera writing to it. To that end, the 300D and 10D are SLOOOWWWWWW..........

    I have previouly found negligible difference in write speeds using my old 1GB Microdrive vs 1GB Sandisk Ultra 2 on my 300D.

    http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/mul...?cid=6007-6425
    Check today's ComputerTimes. Comex2004 promo price. Sandisk Extreme 512MB at S$145 not S$149 (my early typo error) !
    Canon 40D|17-55 f/2.8 IS|100 f/2.8 Macro|135 f/2L|300 f/4L IS|430ex|BG-E2

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ST_sg
    Check today's ComputerTimes. Comex2004 promo price. Sandisk Extreme 512MB at S$145 not S$149 (my early typo error) !
    either mistake in advertising or this is too good to be true! Can someone confirm?
    DR KOH KHO KING

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    TheDaysMovie.com
    Posts
    2,145

    Default

    if extreme so cheap.... 2morrow i cheong down buy 2 liao lohz~

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Yishun
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkw
    Huh?? Extreme cheaper than Ultra2?? When did that happen? In any case, your card can only work as fast as the camera writing to it. To that end, the 300D and 10D are SLOOOWWWWWW..........

    I have previouly found negligible difference in write speeds using my old 1GB Microdrive vs 1GB Sandisk Ultra 2 on my 300D.

    http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/mul...?cid=6007-6425
    yap, agree with you totally. For 300D and 10D, i find the bottle neck is at the writing speed of the cam and not the card. Didn't really make a difference between my hagiwara and ultra 2. but of course if it's cheap buy buy buy!!!!! Buy fast card then buy faster writing cam like the 1Dmk2!!!
    300D/5d2/40D/1d3/5D3
    17-40L F4, 28-70L F2.8, 24-105L F4, 50 F1.4, 70-200L F2.8

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kho King
    either mistake in advertising or this is too good to be true! Can someone confirm?
    Confirm. Booth 8347.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Seng Kang
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Yeah confirmed.........but did you read the small prints??

    Limited quantity each day, but no mention how limited it is..... 1 pc or 2 pcs??

    Hopefully it's not another gimmick....it's definitely cheap.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    2,358

    Default

    Extreme is a Ultra II just with higher tolerances to the environment such as temperature.
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

  12. #12

    Red face

    I thought EastGear claims that they will match any price of CF cards sold outside wah..? Rather than going down to Comex, just ask East Gear to match the price loh

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ptwong
    Didn't really make a difference between my hagiwara and ultra 2.
    For my E-1, it does makes a difference. My hagiwara must wait for a few
    seconds before I can take the next shot but with ultra 2, I can continue
    to snap without any delay.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    2,358

    Default

    Btw, the Extreme card comes with a CD for recovery of corrupted data on your card. This time the program's on a CD, not like Lexar's one in the CF card itself...
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •