Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sigh gonna start new job

Originally posted by Megadark
    Adam, you should try teaching in a neighbourhood secondary school. It is very different from primary school.
    Sorry eadwine; this is OT. Megadark, could you elaborate? By any chance, are you a fellow teacher?

Megadark
    Guests

Originally posted by AdamGoi

Sorry eadwine; this is OT. Megadark, could you elaborate? By any chance, are you a fellow teacher?
    Yup. Salutations fellow teacher.

I have a fellow colleague who was from a primary school. MOE posted her to my secondary school after she came back from further studies. She is taking some of the most behaviourally challenged classes now and she definitely finds work tougher than before.

P.S. you want to try getting posted to a neighbourhood secondary school? You know take up the challenge. I am sure teachers of my calibre would welcome you.
    Last edited by Megadark; 24th June 2002 at 09:19 PM.

Yup. Salutations fellow teacher.
    i see a thrend now ...
    if not sign on army/police/airforce/navy....then its NIE

Megadark
    Guests

Originally posted by eadwine

i see a thrend now ...
    if not sign on army/police/airforce/navy....then its NIE
    Muahahah. You know the old saying,"If you can't do, teach".

P.S. you want to try getting posted to a neighbourhood secondary school? You know take up the challenge. I am sure teachers of my calibre would welcome you.
    Hm...sounds like a personal challenge though

Before more 'misunderstandings' set in, let me clarify that I did not, in any way suggest teaching experience in a primary school is 'just like' elsewhere...I was just pointing out to eadwine, I feel that a great deal of the 'learning' to teach occurs in the classroom which obviously takes time to master, in fact this learning lasts as long as one remains as a teacher! Knowing of strategies and pedagogies do help (as we learnt them in NIE) but ultimately, it's still the classroom experience that counts!

Anyway eadwine, you have an 'excellent opportunity' to find out whether you 'want' to be a teacher...just stick around!

Megadark
    Guests

Originally posted by AdamGoi
    Before more 'misunderstandings' set in, let me clarify that I did not, in any way suggest teaching experience in a primary school is 'just like' elsewhere...I was just pointing out to eadwine, I feel that a great deal of the 'learning' to teach occurs in the classroom which obviously takes time to master, in fact this learning lasts as long as one remains as a teacher! Knowing of strategies and pedagogies do help (as we learnt them in NIE) but ultimately, it's still the classroom experience that counts!
    Yes sir, I concur.

its an early morning....
    I tendered in my resignation yesterday after much much thought and talking to my parents. i felt so light when i handed in the letter. after work went to simpang, then played pool at marine parade then evening went to padang....sigggghh. feels good.
    i have to wait lonnngest 2 weeks for replacement to come. but i hope HE/she comes soon!

might i add it was a nice feeling taking up my camera and taking pictures again!! all HAIL CLUBSNAP!
    Last edited by eadwine; 27th June 2002 at 07:57 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12