Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: how to setup dry box

  1. #1

    Default how to setup dry box

    Hi,my friend just buy a 30l digi cabi dry box. and i ask him to on it and wait for the RH go down 40-50 then start item in,but after he put in his item the RH went up to 65%!!
    so what he need to do, pls help
    for my dun have is thing happen, my only went up to 55% then slow went down again. so is the best to keep in 40++? Right?

  2. #2

    Default Re: how to setup dry box

    how to let the RH go down to 40-50%?

  3. #3
    Senior Member madmartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    20,227

    Default Re: how to setup dry box

    You have to wait for some time for it to stabilise. When the door is opened, air is exchanged. So the longer you open the door, the more air exchange takes place.

    Even if it is set & stabilised @45%, you open the door for awhile & closed it back, you'll see the RH goes up.

    So try not to open for too long & just organise the things inside properly so that you don't have to open for a long time to search for your stuffs.

    Store only the right things in it. The rest can leave outside. If not get a large dry cab
    Take the shot!

  4. #4

    Default Re: how to setup dry box

    Quote Originally Posted by madmartian View Post
    You have to wait for some time for it to stabilise. When the door is opened, air is exchanged. So the longer you open the door, the more air exchange takes place.

    Even if it is set & stabilised @45%, you open the door for awhile & closed it back, you'll see the RH goes up.

    So try not to open for too long & just organise the things inside properly so that you don't have to open for a long time to search for your stuffs.

    Store only the right things in it. The rest can leave outside. If not get a large dry cab
    so what the setting?
    turn it to 11hr , 1hr or 3hr better?

  5. #5

    Default Re: how to setup dry box

    Quote Originally Posted by shrekguy View Post
    so what the setting?
    turn it to 11hr , 1hr or 3hr better?
    Different units actually have slight different settings, why not leave it at 1 o'clock and leave it overnight. Then fine tune it in the morning.

  6. #6

    Default Re: how to setup dry box

    Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Different units actually have slight different settings, why not leave it at 1 o'clock and leave it overnight. Then fine tune it in the morning.
    sure,

  7. #7
    Senior Member madmartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    20,227

    Default Re: how to setup dry box

    Quote Originally Posted by shrekguy View Post
    so what the setting?
    turn it to 11hr , 1hr or 3hr better?
    Looks like you are using the digi-cabi 30L. Set it to between 11 & 11.30.
    The RH should hover around 44-46% +-. But best that you monitor it for a day or so & don't keep opening & closing the door so that the RH can stabilise.
    You won't get a constant reading everyday, it'll fluctuate +-
    Take the shot!

  8. #8

    Default Re: how to setup dry box

    Set the knob to 11am position. You can put your stuff in. It will take 2 days to stablise. Fine tune the setting to at 45%RH. In fact somewhere between 44 - 47 is ok. Everytime you open the cabi door, the RH will change and we will have to wait for another 2 days to let it stablise again.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •