Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Go shooting election rallies

Default Go shooting election rallies

Anyone interested in going to shoot the politicians in tonight's rally at Aljunied, which is a very hotly contested GRC.

Most likely, I will be going there, armed with my big lens, but I might not bring out from my bag. Just see the situation la. I just dun wanna to attract too much attention with a big fat lens.
    Do not be afraid [of ghost and bullies] Shoot them......

Default Re: Go shooting election rallies

will be goin for the rally but not sure if i shud bring my camera...

the last time i was at a rally, it was very very very packed and not really enuff space to move around...

sometimes a camera in such a situation can be a very touchy object.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    will be goin for the rally but not sure if i shud bring my camera...

the last time i was at a rally, it was very very very packed and not really enuff space to move around...

sometimes a camera in such a situation can be a very touchy object.
    unless ur an official photographer from somewhere

Blog Entries

Our CS'er friends who are from the media says that its OK to go shoot at these rallies .... no special passes needed

Yes a camera might be touchy in these places but there are no laws against shooting in public......... but if you are misunderstood and get into trouble its between you and the aggrevied person(s) .... law or no law, some people are just not comfortable being shot at these rallies

not a discouragement or encouragement .... just be street smart

This thread is allowed to stay open as long as there are no political discussions or comments
    Last edited by ed9119; 29th April 2011 at 11:51 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    Our CS'er friends who are from the media says that its OK to go shoot at these rallies .... no special passes needed

Yes a camera might be touchy in these places but there are no laws against shooting in public......... but if you are misunderstood and get into trouble its between you and the aggrevied person(s) .... law or no law, some people are just not comfortable being shot at these rallies

This thread is allowed to stay open as long as there are no political discussions or comments
    Sorry, to be frank, I think if this forum is disallowing threads on GE related (political or non-political), I think it's better to be fair.
    Do not allow any threads regarding GE 2011.

Unless the mods & admins know where to cut-off, in the stand of political. (i.e. "Location of Rally in Aljunied" - Is this considered political?)
    It is "notice of rally location".

So, admins and mods pls clear the air.
    Thanks.

i think this thread is fine... because all it does is talk about photography of an event, although it's a political rally.

these are events that we don't see often, and no one's talking about going to a rally to support, or make fun of the speakers. rather, to capture the events as they unfold.

i don't see anything wrong with this, because it's more of a passion for photography rather than passion to skew people's minds to politics.

my argument on this side

GE: Fight breaks out after WP rally at Yishun Stadium
    Posted: 02 May 2011 0131 hrs

SINGAPORE : A fight broke out between two individuals at Yishun Stadium at the end of the Workers' Party rally there on Sunday evening.

An eyewitness said one of them was bleeding at the head after the minor scuffle but was conscious throughout.

It is understood the fight broke out when one of them objected to being photographed by the other.

Police were called in and ambulance officials attended to the injured man.

- CNA/ms

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alantkh View Post
    GE: Fight breaks out after WP rally at Yishun Stadium
    Posted: 02 May 2011 0131 hrs

SINGAPORE : A fight broke out between two individuals at Yishun Stadium at the end of the Workers' Party rally there on Sunday evening.

An eyewitness said one of them was bleeding at the head after the minor scuffle but was conscious throughout.

It is understood the fight broke out when one of them objected to being photographed by the other.

Police were called in and ambulance officials attended to the injured man.

- CNA/ms
    depends on ur technique, how good u are at body language and how smart u are to think on the feet.

just like some who wanna get a better view. they wanna move forward but cannot. then try squeeze also make ppl unhappy. etc etc. i call it tactless.

i think body language, ur mentality and how u tiptoe and prevent trouble will matter a lot. and if ppl dun like to be photographed, delete immediately the photo infront of them and let them see. no harm right?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by shaoken View Post
    Sorry, to be frank, I think if this forum is disallowing threads on GE related (political or non-political), I think it's better to be fair.
    Do not allow any threads regarding GE 2011.

Unless the mods & admins know where to cut-off, in the stand of political. (i.e. "Location of Rally in Aljunied" - Is this considered political?)
    It is "notice of rally location".

So, admins and mods pls clear the air.
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    i think this thread is fine... because all it does is talk about photography of an event, although it's a political rally.

these are events that we don't see often, and no one's talking about going to a rally to support, or make fun of the speakers. rather, to capture the events as they unfold.

i don't see anything wrong with this, because it's more of a passion for photography rather than passion to skew people's minds to politics.

my argument on this side
    shaoken - i think ed9119 is pretty clear. in any case, refer here.

kei1309's reasoning is pretty much in-line with wat the Admins & mods have previously discussed. so, lets make this clear - if you guys just want to talk about "hey! lets go to this rally and PHOTOGRAPH.." i think we all are fine with it. if you want to start a bitchfest about any political parties (i dun think we are going to make a distinction of which party, lest anyone like to accuse the CS Admins/mods as someone's stooges... yes, it has happened before. thankfully that person has been ushered out of CS.), we will close this thread.

clear enough? lets go shooting then.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    shaoken - i think ed9119 is pretty clear. in any case, refer here.

kei1309's reasoning is pretty much in-line with wat the Admins & mods have previously discussed. so, lets make this clear - if you guys just want to talk about "hey! lets go to this rally and PHOTOGRAPH.." i think we all are fine with it. if you want to start a bitchfest about any political parties (i dun think we are going to make a distinction of which party, lest anyone like to accuse the CS Admins/mods as someone's stooges... yes, it has happened before. thankfully that person has been ushered out of CS.), we will close this thread.

clear enough? lets go shooting then.
    Ok, thanks for your explanation, especially the bold words.

I was at a rally last night and brought my 80-200mm lens. I was shooting in the middle of the crowd and the patrolling policemen saw me but didn't approach or ask questions. Just go, take photos and enjoy yourself.

Yeap, no passes needed. But be careful when you want to shoot the crowds. Read from news, someone just being attacked by an uncle who thought his photo was being taken at Yishun Stadium during WP's rally.

These were taken last night at Bishan Stadium during SPP's Rally:

*Source : http://www.szeping.com/?p=4929
    思斌的部落格 - szeping.com
    Wedding/Event Photography - 10eyesGallery.com

Blog Entries

made my way to the front. here are a few shots.

from the stadium:

and right up front. just behind the media

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by La Fontaine View Post
    I just dun wanna to attract too much attention with a big fat lens.
    heh i was using a 55-250, 450d. very small and lightweight just slowly inch ur way to the front. and be aware of surroundings

easy lar. the government is so open up now. we can discuss such topic in facebook,youtube or any sites(they announced it).

they are so "two zero one one", you all still "one nine seven one".

like this video said :

Video Missing
    Last edited by ninelives; 3rd May 2011 at 11:55 PM.
    Objection !!!

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    made my way to the front. here are a few shots.

from the stadium:
    tsk tsk, watch ur highlights..
    whoops sorry, not a c&c thread.. 8P

ps, here can post pic ah?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kuanwk View Post
    tsk tsk, watch ur highlights..
    whoops sorry, not a c&c thread.. 8P

ps, here can post pic ah?
    actually i intentionally upped the exposure through PP heh. wanted it to be way much brighter.

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    and right up front. just behind the media
    Rock? No.
    Paper? No.
    SCISSORS **** YEAH!

I am a frequent rally-goer. Just a note to let you guys know something that I was told.
    Try NOT to shoot the "restricted" areas, such as backstage (if you're able to). The authorities MAY have a right to ask you to show them your photos.

Quote Originally Posted by symmetrix View Post
    Rock? No.
    Paper? No.
    SCISSORS **** YEAH!

"no kate spade still caN VEE!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast