Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 203540434445464750 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 900 of 1001

Thread: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVI)

  1. #881
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVI)

    Quote Originally Posted by jeezuinn View Post
    reporting in to the thread haha
    Pg 44 liao leh...
    How have you been?
    Able to join us on 7th ya?
    Exploring! :)

  2. #882
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVI)

    Juz curious, anyone bothered to ask what's the store price for the AF-S 50mm f/1.8 lately?
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  3. #883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra

    Pg 44 liao leh...
    How have you been?
    Able to join us on 7th ya?
    Very busy leh,worked 13 days in last 2 weeks.will be able to make it on 7th.rsvp liao

  4. #884
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVI)

    285 for the AF-S 50mm! Not bad a price eh??
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  5. #885
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVI)

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Juz curious, anyone bothered to ask what's the store price for the AF-S 50mm f/1.8 lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    285 for the AF-S 50mm! Not bad a price eh??
    you interested har?
    The bokeh seems quite smooth.

    I thought it was 299?
    Exploring! :)

  6. #886
    Member SurrealDreamWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Outer Limits
    Posts
    1,565

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVI)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    you interested har?
    The bokeh seems quite smooth.

    I thought it was 299?
    izzit better than the AF-D 50mm f1.8?
    "There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trials and errors."

  7. #887
    Member SurrealDreamWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Outer Limits
    Posts
    1,565

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVI)

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    285 for the AF-S 50mm! Not bad a price eh??
    "Not for: Rich people who just don't feel right unless they pay a lot of money for something, or people who need no distortion, for whom the Nikon 50mm f/1.8 AF-D has less distortion for half the price. Otherwise, everyone needs some sort of 50mm f/1.8 and not much more." - extracted from kenrockwell

    so you're medium-RICH?

    LOL
    "There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trials and errors."

  8. #888
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVI)

    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealDreamWalker View Post
    "Not for: Rich people who just don't feel right unless they pay a lot of money for something, or people who need no distortion, for whom the Nikon 50mm f/1.8 AF-D has less distortion for half the price. Otherwise, everyone needs some sort of 50mm f/1.8 and not much more." - extracted from kenrockwell

    so you're medium-RICH?

    LOL
    LOL you worship Zen SockSmell isit?
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  9. #889
    Member SurrealDreamWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Outer Limits
    Posts
    1,565

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVI)

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    LOL you worship Zen SockSmell isit?
    LOL... what's " Zen SockSmell"?

    YOu venerable holy monk guru priest izzit?

    *worship you... ROFL
    "There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trials and errors."

  10. #890
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVI)

    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealDreamWalker View Post
    LOL... what's " Zen SockSmell"?

    YOu venerable holy monk guru priest izzit?

    *worship you... ROFL
    Nah lah... the point of him stating getting the D versus G model is about being how rich you are is a bit ludicrous... Do you know that I'm contemplating between 50 1.4D version 50 1.8G? Peeps who use large aperture lens mostly use it for portraiture, or at least where you can make a smooth bokeh out of the background... 1.8G uses rounded blades and that helps plenty, even when you stop down to 2.8 for added DOF... Distortion is a negligible issue when you want to fill most of your images with blurry bokeh with this lens...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 24th June 2011 at 03:32 PM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  11. #891
    Member SurrealDreamWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Outer Limits
    Posts
    1,565

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVI)

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Nah lah... the point of him stating getting the D versus G model is about being how rich you are is a bit ludicrous... Do you know that I'm contemplating between 50 1.4D version 50 1.8G? Peeps who use large aperture lens mostly use it for portraiture, or at least where you can make a smooth bokeh out of the background... 1.8G uses rounded blades and that helps plenty, even when you stop down to 2.8 for added DOF... Distortion is a negligible issue when you want to fill most of your images with blurry bokeh with this lens...
    I see, Thanks bro appreciate your wisdom

    i still a noob in 'bokeh'... already owned AF-S 35mm f1.8G and AF-D 50mm f1.8... i mostly use them for night or low-light indoor shootings... i am nowhere near to get the 'bokeh'...

    but one thing i observed, they are 'hunting' and my D300 won't shoot till it captured some forcus..

    That's why i resorted to implant K2 into my D300 and shoot manual forcus... am still struggling sia..

    ok will chat later, now i got to do errand for my boss
    "There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trials and errors."

  12. #892
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVI)

    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealDreamWalker View Post
    I see, Thanks bro appreciate your wisdom

    i still a noob in 'bokeh'... already owned AF-S 35mm f1.8G and AF-D 50mm f1.8... i mostly use them for night or low-light indoor shootings... i am nowhere near to get the 'bokeh'...

    but one thing i observed, they are 'hunting' and my D300 won't shoot till it captured some forcus..

    That's why i resorted to implant K2 into my D300 and shoot manual forcus... am still struggling sia..

    ok will chat later, now i got to do errand for my boss
    No lah, what wisdom? Just my basic observations lah...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  13. #893
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVI)

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Nah lah... the point of him stating getting the D versus G model is about being how rich you are is a bit ludicrous... Do you know that I'm contemplating between 50 1.4D version 50 1.8G? Peeps who use large aperture lens mostly use it for portraiture, or at least where you can make a smooth bokeh out of the background... 1.8G uses rounded blades and that helps plenty, even when you stop down to 2.8 for added DOF... Distortion is a negligible issue when you want to fill most of your images with blurry bokeh with this lens...
    ya you're right...

    The bokeh does look nice from some shots I've seen. If price for 50/1.8G is close to 50/1.4D (especially 2nd hand), maybe worthwhile to just go for the 1.4D
    Exploring! :)

  14. #894
    Member SurrealDreamWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Outer Limits
    Posts
    1,565

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVI)

    Am back to office... LOL
    "There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trials and errors."

  15. #895
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVI)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    ya you're right...

    The bokeh does look nice from some shots I've seen. If price for 50/1.8G is close to 50/1.4D (especially 2nd hand), maybe worthwhile to just go for the 1.4D
    How big a diff between 1.4 and 1.8 har? Still wondering kakaka But price of 1.8G sounds tempting leh... 2nd price of 1.4D at least 375 at best...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  16. #896
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVI)

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    How big a diff between 1.4 and 1.8 har? Still wondering kakaka But price of 1.8G sounds tempting leh... 2nd price of 1.4D at least 375 at best...
    I heard low -300s also have... need to keep your eyes peeled.
    I guess I'll stick to my 1.8D for now

    I'm looking for a lens that gives me about 1:2 or 1:3 magnification, yet I don't think I need a macro-specific lens like 60 micro or tammy 90 macro... hmmmm
    Any recommendations?
    I'm thinking the AFS 24-85 might do the trick...
    Last edited by ZerocoolAstra; 24th June 2011 at 05:47 PM.
    Exploring! :)

  17. #897
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVI)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    I heard low -300s also have... need to keep your eyes peeled.
    I guess I'll stick to my 1.8D for now

    I'm looking for a lens that gives me about 1:2 or 1:3 magnification, yet I don't think I need a macro-specific lens like 60 micro or tammy 90 macro... hmmmm
    Any recommendations?
    I'm thinking the AFS 24-85 might do the trick...
    Aiyoh.. please man... you have a Ai compatible DSLR now... have you considered the manual range? Plenty of old and cheap lenses to choose from! Most Ai-s should be able to give you 1:2 already...

    The thing is how thin or thick a DOF you need? Generally, wider angles should have a thicker DOF right?

    I have the cheapo 28-80 lens... you wanna try it out? 2nd hand should cos about 150 +- 20...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 24th June 2011 at 05:55 PM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  18. #898
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVI)

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Aiyoh.. please man... you have a Ai compatible DSLR now... have you considered the manual range? Plenty of old and cheap lenses to choose from! Most Ai-s should be able to give you 1:2 already...

    The thing is how thin or thick a DOF you need? Generally, wider angles should have a thicker DOF right?
    darn... yes you have a point Just wasn't sure if I should get a 2_-7_ mm range AF zoom lens. Y'know... kill 2 birds with 1 stone for those times I'm lazy....

    (not 24-70/2.8 of course!)
    Exploring! :)

  19. #899
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVI)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    darn... yes you have a point Just wasn't sure if I should get a 2_-7_ mm range AF zoom lens. Y'know... kill 2 birds with 1 stone for those times I'm lazy....

    (not 24-70/2.8 of course!)
    Sure sure.. surely it's 28-70mm/2.8 then? My my... what happened to the all-prime man??
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 24th June 2011 at 06:02 PM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  20. #900
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten

    Sure sure.. surely it's 28-70mm/2.8 then? My my... what happened to the all-prime man??
    Hahaha jialat...
    Still unsure now.
    Exploring! :)

Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 203540434445464750 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •