Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 163136394041424346 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 820 of 1001

Thread: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVI)

  1. #801

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVI)

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    I think you're asking for too much... if you can find a good spot, that's a +1, good angle another +1, good lighting +1, no barricade... I think -10... On Saturday, I witnessed a dramatic crash after the heavy rain... Driver's leg broken into 4 pieces (from what I've heard), car front crushed until all the way towards the dashboard/windscreen area... What's lagi best? The heavy concrete barricade (not the plasticity ones you saw) moved by a few inches - it remained like that until end of race.



    Ditto that. Because of the mishap on Sat, I believe they've added more concrete types along the walk-about stretch - quite a few meters worth....


    Phew... still going through at least a 1000 worth of images for the two days... After selection process - boiled down to at least a few hundred sharp ones...
    Why did you assume that I am saying move the concrete away? :-)
    If I am not busy last weekend, probably I will be there with a sturdy stool to stand on.
    You just need to be a little higher to get it and also shoot over the head of other shooters.

    A few hundred sharp ones... that is really really good. Good job. Looking forward to see your collection. :-)
    Last edited by coolthought; 13th June 2011 at 06:31 PM.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  2. #802
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVI)


    http://www.howtogeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/dbjjoncomputer.png

    Don't mess with me, else I'll kill you with my Print Screen powers!!
    Exploring! :)

  3. #803
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVI)

    Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    Why did you assume that I am saying move the concrete away? :-)
    If I am not busy last weekend, probably I will be there with a sturdy stool to stand on.
    You just need to be a little higher to get it and also shoot over the head of other shooters.
    this I gotta see....
    Exploring! :)

  4. #804
    Member SurrealDreamWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Outer Limits
    Posts
    1,565

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVI)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Recently the summer blockbuster season has thrown up a number of superhero-style movies: X-Men, Green Lantern, etc...
    So many superhuman abilities:
    flying, shapeshifting, super strength, magnetism, etc...


    I found out about a new superpower recently...
    It's called...

    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .

    PRINT SCREEN



    the ultimate keyboard warrior's wet dream

    maybe those superhero-style movies are for local kids during their June holidays?

    i gonna watch "Super 8", and waiting impatiently to watch "13 Assassins" coming near end of June...
    Last edited by SurrealDreamWalker; 13th June 2011 at 06:38 PM.
    "There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trials and errors."

  5. #805

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVI)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    this I gotta see....
    on a reasonably big stool to stand on lah.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  6. #806
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVI)

    Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    Why did you assume that I am saying move the concrete away? :-)
    If I am not busy last weekend, probably I will be there with a sturdy stool to stand on.
    You just need to be a little higher to get it and also shoot over the head of other shooters.

    A few hundred sharp ones... that is really really good. Good job. Looking forward to see your collection. :-)
    What I mean is I know about getting onto higher grounds. Actually, I've tried shooting from various angles - however, there are some angles that I must have, even if it meant getting the fugly but needful barricades into the picture. That low, in your face shots of the cars.

    Actually, lets be specific - LOW hundreds (to be safe, less than 200 - I haven't actually counted and I don't want to exagerate). Nothing really impressive though. Assuming one used Hi FPS. If 1 shot out of 4.5 gets it right... then it's about there. Of course, I don't always machine gun - not always effective one...

    Yeah, you can always use your stool... But be prepared that someone will tap on your shoulder: "mister, you're in our way..." Seen a few ugly incidents already...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  7. #807
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten

    I think you're asking for too much... if you can find a good spot, that's a +1, good angle another +1, good lighting +1, no barricade... I think -10... On Saturday, I witnessed a dramatic crash after the heavy rain... Driver's leg broken into 4 pieces (from what I've heard), car front crushed until all the way towards the dashboard/windscreen area... What's lagi best? The heavy concrete barricade (not the plasticity ones you saw) moved by a few inches - it remained like that until end of race.

    Ditto that. Because of the mishap on Sat, I believe they've added more concrete types along the walk-about stretch - quite a few meters worth....

    Phew... still going through at least a 1000 worth of images for the two days... After selection process - boiled down to at least a few hundred sharp ones...
    I feel that it was a good shot. Sometimes you just catch the moment. That is what counts.

  8. #808

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVI)

    ^@#$$@ stupid fence.

  9. #809

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVI)

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    What I mean is I know about getting onto higher grounds. Actually, I've tried shooting from various angles - however, there are some angles that I must have, even if it meant getting the fugly but needful barricades into the picture. That low, in your face shots of the cars.
    wah... should be getting interesting results

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Actually, lets be specific - LOW hundreds (to be safe, less than 200 - I haven't actually counted and I don't want to exagerate). Nothing really impressive though. Assuming one used Hi FPS. If 1 shot out of 4.5 gets it right... then it's about there. Of course, I don't always machine gun - not always effective one...
    imho, I think that is a pretty good rate.

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Yeah, you can always use your stool... But be prepared that someone will tap on your shoulder: "mister, you're in our way..." Seen a few ugly incidents already...
    So far, no one has said that to me yet. Or at least not in an unpleasant way.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  10. #810
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVI)

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    I feel that it was a good shot. Sometimes you just catch the moment. That is what counts.
    Thank you bro. Coming from you, it gives me encouragement.

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    ^@#$$@ stupid fence.
    No choice... the fences are where they are because they need to be there... I assume you didn't see the dramatic crash on Saturday? If yes, you'll understand why. I'll explain to you in detail if you don't get it... after analysing the circuit, I fully comprehend the need... not because they want to ruin the photographer/spectator's views...

    Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    wah... should be getting interesting results
    imho, I think that is a pretty good rate.
    So far, no one has said that to me yet. Or at least not in an unpleasant way.
    Aiyah, if you want a good spot then be zhi-dong a bit and come earlier lah - there's no two ways about it. If you want to ruin another person's day then what I can I say? You leader of stool-gang isit?
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 14th June 2011 at 01:58 PM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  11. #811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten


    No choice... the fences are where they are because they need to be there... I assume you didn't see the dramatic crash on Saturday? If so, you'll understand why.
    Yup saw the crash from afar but too far to see anything clearly. Exactly how bad was it?

  12. #812
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVI)

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    Yup saw the crash from afar but too far to see anything clearly. Exactly how bad was it?
    Front end of the car was squashed all the way to the forward edge of the front screen... can you imagine what else is compacted within all that crushed body? PLUS the concrete blocks were moved a few inches that you could see a widening gap between two blocks... they were literally moved even though they should be considered very heavy...

    The gates are probably to prevent any shrapnels from flying into the crowds... As an event organiser, you do not want any law suits. ;-)
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  13. #813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten

    Front end of the car was squashed all the way to the forward edge of the front screen... can you imagine what else is compacted within all that crushed body? PLUS the concrete blocks were moved a few inches that you could see a widening gap between two blocks... they were literally moved even though they should be considered very heavy...

    The gates are probably to prevent any shrapnels from flying into the crowds... As an event organiser, you do not want any law suits. ;-)
    Fwah that bad? Guess those guys at the unfenced portion were risking their lives

  14. #814
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVI)

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    Fwah that bad? Guess those guys at the unfenced portion were risking their lives

    This is a 4-door Skyline - the front is noticeable longer than most cars. Notice the concrete top edge...

    Actually, you have to understand how the circuit works... the unfenced portion were of a lesser risk because cars would not go head-long there... at most just scrape off the fibreglass bumpers, etc... The fenced portions, especially at the grandstand area, are there because of the long stretch of road directly facing them... meaning the cars would go on high speed and very high chance they will loose control and crash against those fenced areas... Get what I mean?
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 14th June 2011 at 02:45 PM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  15. #815

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVI)

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post

    This is a 4-door Skyline - the front is noticeable longer than most cars. Notice the concrete top edge...

    Actually, you have to understand how the circuit works... the unfenced portion were of a lesser risk because cars would not go head-long there... at most just scrape off the plastic bumpers, etc... The fenced portions, especially at the grandstand area, are there because of the long stretch of road directly facing them... meaning the cars would go on high speed and very high chance they will loose control and crash against those fenced areas... Get what I mean?
    sort of what i thought too. but the fenced portion along the walkabout route?

  16. #816
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVI)

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    sort of what i thought too. but the fenced portion along the walkabout route?
    Probably spares that they thought of irritating the spectators... yes, those I can't figure them out... You have to ask the organisers... maybe they have experienced more than what we could imaging... LOL
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  17. #817
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVI)

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post

    This is a 4-door Skyline - the front is noticeable longer than most cars. Notice the concrete top edge...

    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    darn, that's some mighty big damage...
    poor car.
    Driver was all right?
    Yeah the solid walls and fences are a 'necessary evil' to minimize the risk of injury to the crowds.

    Your shots up on your blog yet?
    Exploring! :)

  18. #818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten

    Probably spares that they thought of irritating the spectators... yes, those I can't figure them out... You have to ask the organisers... maybe they have experienced more than what we could imaging... LOL
    My guess: force people to buy the grandstand tickets

  19. #819
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVI)

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    My guess: force people to buy the grandstand tickets
    Actually, come to think about it... that stretch along walk-abouts... I noticed a lot of action starts from there... meaning a lot cars started to butt their way (right-wards against the barricades) before drifting into the battle zone. I saw Saito and Non's cars looking really "buddy-buddy" along that stretch (got an image on this). Meaning mishaps might happen along there for things to go really wrong...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 14th June 2011 at 03:37 PM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  20. #820
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVI)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    darn, that's some mighty big damage...
    poor car.
    Driver was all right?
    Yeah the solid walls and fences are a 'necessary evil' to minimize the risk of injury to the crowds.

    Your shots up on your blog yet?
    Not yet, need to figure out how to process all that info... need a bit more time or else blog will look messy. But soon I hope...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 14th June 2011 at 03:35 PM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 163136394041424346 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •