Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 183338414243444548 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 860 of 996

Thread: D5100 user...fall in!!

  1. #841

    Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!!

    Do you prefer the kit lens 18-55 VR or will you all change to 18 - 105 mm?

  2. #842
    Senior Member luckyorange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    2,843
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Imperado View Post
    Do you prefer the kit lens 18-55 VR or will you all change to 18 - 105 mm?


    For me either 1 is good, but I will pair it with a af-s 35mm 1.8g for low light usage =)

    I've the 18-105 which I use it during day time or good lighting condition =)
    Lousy de My Flickr

  3. #843

    Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!!

    Quote Originally Posted by luckyorange View Post
    For me either 1 is good, but I will pair it with a af-s 35mm 1.8g for low light usage =)

    I've the 18-105 which I use it during day time or good lighting condition =)
    Ah, im intending to make D5100 as my first DSLR camera, I have many quotes but are unable to post them due to moderation. Now im given a choice to change from 15-55 to 18-105 with a add-on of 349

  4. #844
    Senior Member luckyorange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    2,843
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Imperado View Post
    Ah, im intending to make D5100 as my first DSLR camera, I have many quotes but are unable to post them due to moderation. Now im given a choice to change from 15-55 to 18-105 with a add-on of 349
    Hmm if i were you I will take the 18-55, sell it at bns and top up roughly 1xx for a used 18-105 =)

    in fact quite alot of ppl selling brand new 18-105 for below $300 =)

    well in the end it's still up to you =) haha..

    have fun! and good luck!
    Lousy de My Flickr

  5. #845
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Land of the Teddy Bear
    Posts
    2,324

    Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!!

    Quote Originally Posted by limmisha View Post
    D3100 less features less focus point no flip screen some setting had oleti program with easy access help screen . My wife also knows how to use Hahaha so I'm in my budget so I got the D5100 slightly above the D3100 below D7000. Checked n compared the review finally decided to get D5100 maybe next time may consider D7000 .....tats for the pro ....
    The focusing point is really not that important. Whether it is 3 point, 9 point or 51 point, I only use the center point almost all the time. Instead for D7000, you should go something higher...

    Quote Originally Posted by limmisha View Post
    Thinking getting a flash light , bro Reno , do we often use external flash I've seen lots of ppl selling away after a few snap they don really utilise it n some even kept for long time .
    What do you usually shoot? To me an external flash is very important if you are into event or shooting portraits or wedding dinner. Eh, D5100 is also can be used as a backup camera for shooting wedding hor... hahaha...

    Usually I would use flash for indoor family gathering where my shutter speed cannot go low i.e. shoot candid or kids playing. Just mount on the flash and bounce the flash, the photos are a lot nicer compared to pumping up your iso to 3200 or 6400.

    For flash, try get at least SB700, if you can afford, get SB900 or SB910. I know SB900 is overkill but it is shiok....

  6. #846
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Land of the Teddy Bear
    Posts
    2,324

    Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Imperado View Post
    Ah, im intending to make D5100 as my first DSLR camera, I have many quotes but are unable to post them due to moderation. Now im given a choice to change from 15-55 to 18-105 with a add-on of 349
    That is very expensive top-up. As what Luckyorange suggested, buy the kit, sell off the kit lens and purchase a second hand 18-105mm VR. It is more worthwhile

  7. #847
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Land of the Teddy Bear
    Posts
    2,324

    Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Imperado View Post
    Do you prefer the kit lens 18-55 VR or will you all change to 18 - 105 mm?
    The kit lens is pretty good. And also i got no budget to upgrade the kit lens...

  8. #848
    Senior Member luckyorange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    2,843
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reno

    That is very expensive top-up. As what Luckyorange suggested, buy the kit, sell off the kit lens and purchase a second hand 18-105mm VR. It is more worthwhile
    And with the money saved you can get yourself a dry cabinet
    Lousy de My Flickr

  9. #849

    Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!!

    Quote Originally Posted by luckyorange View Post
    Hmm if i were you I will take the 18-55, sell it at bns and top up roughly 1xx for a used 18-105 =)

    in fact quite alot of ppl selling brand new 18-105 for below $300 =)

    well in the end it's still up to you =) haha..

    have fun! and good luck!
    I did that too, you will save more $, got my brand new 18-105 in the bns section for very good price
    Still got my 18-55 kit lens with me, anyone interested?

  10. #850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reno

    The focusing point is really not that important. Whether it is 3 point, 9 point or 51 point, I only use the center point almost all the time. Instead for D7000, you should go something higher...

    What do you usually shoot? To me an external flash is very important if you are into event or shooting portraits or wedding dinner. Eh, D5100 is also can be used as a backup camera for shooting wedding hor... hahaha...

    Usually I would use flash for indoor family gathering where my shutter speed cannot go low i.e. shoot candid or kids playing. Just mount on the flash and bounce the flash, the photos are a lot nicer compared to pumping up your iso to 3200 or 6400.

    For flash, try get at least SB700, if you can afford, get SB900 or SB910. I know SB900 is overkill but it is shiok....
    Hmmm...maybe just look around for used SB700 lor ....

  11. #851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limmisha

    Hmmm...maybe just look around for used SB700 lor ....
    Broke oleti just bought 18-200mm lens ...Hahaha...just wait for 9.5 month bonus .heeee..

  12. #852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant84

    Wahaha thanks bro Reno, that happens to be my problem haha anyone can share roughly wat is the price range now? Haha
    My niece bought one for $498

  13. #853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limmisha

    Broke oleti just bought 18-200mm lens ...Hahaha...just wait for 9.5 month bonus .heeee..
    How much u bought your 18 - 200mm Len? From where ?

  14. #854
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Land of the Teddy Bear
    Posts
    2,324

    Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!!

    Quote Originally Posted by limmisha View Post
    Broke oleti just bought 18-200mm lens ...Hahaha...just wait for 9.5 month bonus .heeee..

    woah.... 9.5 month bonus...!! Your company still got opening or not?

  15. #855

    Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!!

    Quote Originally Posted by luckyorange View Post
    And with the money saved you can get yourself a dry cabinet
    Thanks luckyorange and Reno, you both provided very good advice. I think i will follow what you guys said. I been reading around reviews that the 18-55 kit lens is good enough and the picture quality is nicer than the 18 - 105 =)

  16. #856

    Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!!

    Among all the quotes i have, i think i will go for Mscolor, hope they are good... Anyway they quoted "15 mth agent warranty register on line" . Does this mean I have a 1yr Nikon warranty running concurrently with this 15 mth or I do not have warranty from Nikon at all?

  17. #857
    Member GReddyZC76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    singapore, northeast
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Imperado
    Among all the quotes i have, i think i will go for Mscolor, hope they are good... Anyway they quoted "15 mth agent warranty register on line" . Does this mean I have a 1yr Nikon warranty running concurrently with this 15 mth or I do not have warranty from Nikon at all?
    Sometime, If it sound too good to be true, then it not real

    It 12+3mth extended, if u register online WITHIN THAT 12MTHS period, do keep ur original receipt of purchase & warranty card!

    *very very very very very...... important
    [D800|AFS2470F2.8G|AFS70200F2.8G|AFS1635F4G|AFS28F1 .8G|AF85F1.8D|AFDC105F2D|SB700|SB900]

  18. #858

    Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!!

    Quote Originally Posted by GReddyZC76 View Post
    Sometime, If it sound too good to be true, then it not real

    It 12+3mth extended, if u register online WITHIN THAT 12MTHS period, do keep ur original receipt of purchase & warranty card!

    *very very very very very...... important
    Haha no ah, just that Mscolour offer me 990 with an addition 15 month warranty and TK photo offer 985 with all the standard freebies.. The rest of the shops are slightly above 1k..

    I still dont understand the warranty part... The 15 month warranty is by Mscolor right? How about the original Nikon warranty for the camera?

  19. #859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Imperado

    Haha no ah, just that Mscolour offer me 990 with an addition 15 month warranty and TK photo offer 985 with all the standard freebies.. The rest of the shops are slightly above 1k..

    I still dont understand the warranty part... The 15 month warranty is by Mscolor right? How about the original Nikon warranty for the camera?
    The warranty part is by Nikon. Register online and Nikon will warranty ur equipment for 15months. You need to create an acc with Nikon, then register ur serial and ur warranty info will be available anytime anywhere. Any shops that are not selling grey sets will give u 15mths warranty.

  20. #860

    Default

    Btw, the 300+ topup is totally not worth it. U r being short changed alot if u take up the deal. Always look at bns section to have a feel of the market price before u commit to buying.

Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 183338414243444548 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •