Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13283336373839404348 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 760 of 996

Thread: D5100 user...fall in!!

  1. #741

    Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon_84 View Post
    what's the cheapest price for the d5100 now ?
    don't need any freebies and if possible, just want to buy the body only.
    been waiting to purchase a 2nd hand d5000 but the 2nd hand market price is just to close to a new d5100.
    If u don't mind sending ur camera back to jb if need repair during warranty they sell body only. slightly above 800

  2. #742
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    229

    Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnbon View Post
    If u don't mind sending ur camera back to jb if need repair during warranty they sell body only. slightly above 800
    Please take note that the nearest Nikon Service centre in Malaysia is located in KL. JB doesn't have any service centre.

  3. #743

    Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!!

    Quote Originally Posted by mds80 View Post
    Please take note that the nearest Nikon Service centre in Malaysia is located in KL. JB doesn't have any service centre.
    true... but u can drop it off at the shop u bought from. they will send it for u. it may a bit of time though to get it back.

  4. #744

    Default

    Better get it change with the dealer . I do have this problem when I bought my d5100 with free SD card , after changing a new SD card no more such problem occur I even bought a class 10 SD card too.

  5. #745

    Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!!

    Yay I bought this camera recently! its my first DSLR too! I'm starting to feel a bit restricted with the kit lens, should I get a 50mm f/1.8? I like street photography.

  6. #746

    Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!!

    Quote Originally Posted by weirdkid View Post
    Yay I bought this camera recently! its my first DSLR too! I'm starting to feel a bit restricted with the kit lens, should I get a 50mm f/1.8? I like street photography.
    As this is a DX camera, you should get the 35mm f1.8 G if street photographing. 50mm would be too tight - more for portratit on a DX

  7. #747
    Senior Member luckyorange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    2,843
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!!

    Quote Originally Posted by weirdkid View Post
    Yay I bought this camera recently! its my first DSLR too! I'm starting to feel a bit restricted with the kit lens, should I get a 50mm f/1.8? I like street photography.
    hmm restricted? in what way? low light?

    your kit also got 50mm.

    if low light then its different story
    Lousy de My Flickr

  8. #748
    Member Irvine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North? South? East? West?
    Posts
    1,037

    Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!!

    Quote Originally Posted by DM101 View Post
    As this is a DX camera, you should get the 35mm f1.8 G if street photographing. 50mm would be too tight - more for portratit on a DX
    50 f/1.8 is alright for streets. i use it more often for street photography than the 35 f/1.8. to each his own though.

    TS, in what way r u restricted by ur kit lens? ur kit lens is able to take street shots as well.
    Google is your friend. Make use of it.

  9. #749

    Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Irvine View Post
    50 f/1.8 is alright for streets. i use it more often for street photography than the 35 f/1.8. to each his own though.

    TS, in what way r u restricted by ur kit lens? ur kit lens is able to take street shots as well.
    its slightly darker, and it has less bokeh unless i go very close up. if its dark then i have to use high iso (sometimes got alot of noise), and slow shutter got blurred movements... its ok though. im just a beginner exploring this new hobby. haha oh and i like to do outdoor portraits also, thats why i want 50mm.
    Last edited by weirdkid; 5th November 2011 at 04:38 PM.

  10. #750
    Member Irvine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North? South? East? West?
    Posts
    1,037

    Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!!

    Quote Originally Posted by weirdkid View Post
    its slightly darker, and it has less bokeh unless i go very close up. if its dark then i have to use high iso (sometimes got alot of noise), and slow shutter got blurred movements... its ok though. im just a beginner exploring this new hobby. haha oh and i like to do outdoor portraits also, thats why i want 50mm.
    hmm u got 4 choices to choose from:

    On a limited budget but prefer to have AF all the time: Nikon 50 f/1.8G
    Cheapest lens but not able to perform AF with d5100: Nikon 50 f/1.8D
    Willing to spend more for higher shutter speeds in low light, thinner dof n awesome bokeh: Sigma 50 f/1.4
    Willing to spend more for higher shutter speeds in low light, thinner dof but prefer to stick to Nikon: Nikon 50 f/1.4G

    some vids for u to watch:




    Last edited by Irvine; 5th November 2011 at 06:23 PM.
    Google is your friend. Make use of it.

  11. #751

    Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Irvine View Post
    hmm u got 4 choices to choose from:

    On a limited budget but prefer to have AF all the time: Nikon 50 f/1.8G
    Cheapest lens but not able to perform AF with d5100: Nikon 50 f/1.8D
    Willing to spend more for higher shutter speeds in low light, thinner dof n awesome bokeh: Sigma 50 f/1.4
    Willing to spend more for higher shutter speeds in low light, thinner dof but prefer to stick to Nikon: Nikon 50 f/1.4G

    some vids for u to watch:




    thx... i've watched all already haha. anyway. ive tried the 1.8d before. i suck at manual focusing. by the time i get in focus, the moment is gone, so i'd prefer the 1.8g. anyway, sigma dont have f1.8? I'm a secondary school student. I have a budget. haha

  12. #752
    Member Irvine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North? South? East? West?
    Posts
    1,037

    Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!!

    Quote Originally Posted by weirdkid View Post
    thx... i've watched all already haha. anyway. ive tried the 1.8d before. i suck at manual focusing. by the time i get in focus, the moment is gone, so i'd prefer the 1.8g. anyway, sigma dont have f1.8? I'm a secondary school student. I have a budget. haha
    nope they don't. i guess the 50mm f/1.8G's the way to go. it's a great lens also for its money. it's my most fav lens so far
    Google is your friend. Make use of it.

  13. #753
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Land of the Teddy Bear
    Posts
    2,324

    Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!!

    Sigma 50mm F1.4.... Yeah...!!

  14. #754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reno
    Sigma 50mm F1.4.... Yeah...!!
    Yea... Ftw

  15. #755

    Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!!

    shot these yesterday; 5 Nov'11 @ Traction Circle Club's track day in Sepang

    Ariel driven by Denis Lian


    Lambo & Exige battle into T2


    Audi R8


    a very quick FD2R CTR


    shot this while riding shot gun in another Lotus Elise


    All pix taken with Nikon 5100 with AF-S 55-300mm

    All photo credits "vincecarlo photography"

  16. #756
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    229

    Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!!

    vincecarlo,
    Great shots you got there however a slower shutter speed with more panning would be better imo. Currently it seems as if some of the cars aren't moving especially in the 2nd and 3rd pic. Btw I was considering buying the 55-300mm as well and it seems like a good lens.

  17. #757

    Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!!

    Quote Originally Posted by mds80 View Post
    vincecarlo,
    Great shots you got there however a slower shutter speed with more panning would be better imo. Currently it seems as if some of the cars aren't moving especially in the 2nd and 3rd pic. Btw I was considering buying the 55-300mm as well and it seems like a good lens.
    thanks

    was playing around with the cam from where I was; limitations of slow focusing of D5100 with AF-S 55-300mm. this cam isn't exactly designed for Motor Sports. Gettin' the subject sharp was priority
    Last edited by vincecarlo; 7th November 2011 at 06:25 PM.

  18. #758
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Land of the Teddy Bear
    Posts
    2,324

    Default

    The camera is slow because the lens is slow. Unless you want to invest onto a fast lens... The camera will be fast

  19. #759

    Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Reno View Post
    The camera is slow because the lens is slow. Unless you want to invest onto a fast lens... The camera will be fast
    Hi Reno, then may i ask, if the lens is fast, will shutter lag be improved? Any idea wats the shutter lag of d5100?

    Cos today was doing some candid shots, and i din manage to capture some fast moving objects like bicycles zooming past. The image was like after the cyclist zoomed past -.- Will shutter speed aid in this, or help to improve on shutter lag? or will a fast lens help in this too?

    Thanks, any advice is appreciated educate me if the fast lens and shutter lag has no direct correlation with each other!

  20. #760
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Land of the Teddy Bear
    Posts
    2,324

    Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!!

    Quote Originally Posted by iamthatman View Post
    Hi Reno, then may i ask, if the lens is fast, will shutter lag be improved? Any idea wats the shutter lag of d5100?

    Cos today was doing some candid shots, and i din manage to capture some fast moving objects like bicycles zooming past. The image was like after the cyclist zoomed past -.- Will shutter speed aid in this, or help to improve on shutter lag? or will a fast lens help in this too?

    Thanks, any advice is appreciated educate me if the fast lens and shutter lag has no direct correlation with each other!
    Eh... what you do mean by shutter lag? I am not very sure on this..... what is your shutter speed when you are taking photos of the cyclist cycling?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •