Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10253033343536374045 ... LastLast

Thread: D5100 user...fall in!!

Default Re: D5100 user...fall in!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reno View Post
    Not sure, I do not taken note what class are they. Btw, all my SD card are from sandisk
    If i'm correct, ultra cards are rated class 6 while extreme are class 10. Note: they are 'down-classed' based on their benchmarks. The ultra series can actually be classified under class 10, based upon their performance.

Quote Originally Posted by SkimMilk View Post
    If i'm correct, ultra cards are rated class 6 while extreme are class 10. Note: they are 'down-classed' based on their benchmarks. The ultra series can actually be classified under class 10, based upon their performance.
    Not sure.... It seems that the Sandisk Ultra SD card i am using is rated class 4. The free Sandisk SD card also class 4, the Sandisk Extreme SD card is class 10.
    Last edited by Reno; 20th October 2011 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reno View Post
    Not sure.... It seems that the Sandisk Ultra SD card i am using is rated class 4. The free Sandisk SD card also class 4, the Sandisk Extreme SD card is class 10.
    yup, that is correct. I just googled the images. Guess I'm wrong! =p

Here's the Wiki to Class speeds

Hi, should stumble on this thread two month ago, cos I have been struggling with the setting, as the manual is not detail enough for some setting like , how to use HDR mode and many more information, but manage to get dummies for nikon d5100 which is very easy to understand and very informative, but find it quite expensive but bought it anyway. Lol! Then I have the SD card problem as mention in my first day, thought is camera problem and go back to Alan photo they ask me to get Kingston confirm no problem. Try out so far so good.

Aiya , think poison start to come up Liao, buy wide angle lens c/w macro lens from Alan photo , bought flas diffuser, and Color square filter frm slr and a tripod too, better then the free tripod . All within two month haiz!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tausagi
    Hi, should stumble on this thread two month ago, cos I have been struggling with the setting, as the manual is not detail enough for some setting like , how to use HDR mode and many more information, but manage to get dummies for nikon d5100 which is very easy to understand and very informative, but find it quite expensive but bought it anyway. Lol! Then I have the SD card problem as mention in my first day, thought is camera problem and go back to Alan photo they ask me to get Kingston confirm no problem. Try out so far so good.

Aiya , think poison start to come up Liao, buy wide angle lens c/w macro lens from Alan photo , bought flas diffuser, and Color square filter frm slr and a tripod too, better then the free tripod . All within two month haiz!
    You meant those wide angle converter? Or two different lens
    Lousy de My Flickr

Finally a photo of Jupiter taken with D5100..... do not think my D700 can take such shots... cos of the crop factor... hehehe

Nice, Reno. Reminds me how big it is out there. Humbling.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyorange View Post
    You meant those wide angle converter? Or two different lens
    Hi, newbie here ya just check my lens is a digital wide convertor c/w macro, any different with the wide angle lens you guys are talking about?

I just received a reply from Nikon regarding the sandisk sd card problem. They just said to format the card and if it still gives problems, go down to service centre. I highly doubt the service centre can do anything. The shop I bought the card from was also unwilling to change the card for me

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tausagi View Post
    Hi, newbie here ya just check my lens is a digital wide convertor c/w macro, any different with the wide angle lens you guys are talking about?
    hmm just hope that you didnt get much damage from the convertor...
    Lousy de My Flickr

Sorry new to the terms used, er.. damage to my camera? You mean it will spoil my camera using digital wide convertor? if you talking about the price is about $192 for the lens

Blog Entries

Sorry new to the terms used, er.. damage to my camera? You mean it will spoil my camera using digital wide convertor? if you talking about the price is about $192 for the lens
    Yup the price.

Erm it won't spoil your cam. No worry.
    Lousy de My Flickr

Blog Entries

Imo, they are different..
    Lousy de My Flickr

Wa? The converter is it the steinzeiser brand? I bought my for my friend and it cost me $120... U got scam bro...

The Digital Wide Converter is usually used on Prosumer camera, hardly on DSLR lens. Most of us would not buy it as it will degrade the quality of the photo output and it may slows down the speed of focusing too.

Blog Entries

Sad to say, I will stay away from those converter....

If I need wide angle I will get a UWA lens

And if I need macro of cos a Macro Lens
    Lousy de My Flickr

It is better to use class 10 sandisk extreme HD video it is recommend best if u record Full HD movie with ur d5100. I'm using in to replace the free SD card which is only class 4 for my d5100 .

Deregistered

Hi to all Nikon D5100 users out there I got mine last few months and I'm proud to say it's one fabulous DSLR

Quote Originally Posted by LemonPop View Post
    Hi to all Nikon D5100 users out there I got mine last few months and I'm proud to say it's one fabulous DSLR
    Hello...!! Have fun..!!

Deregistered

Sure!

Btw, is there any way to LOCK the aperture for Videos? Other than using primes or fixed aperture lenses?