Thread: Leica D-Lux4

Default Leica D-Lux4

Would appreciate comments and opinions on the Leica D-Lux4 as a second camera when situation does not make it convenient to carry a DSLR. Read about the manual over ride and also that the lens is fast enough for low light shots. Thank you.
    Chris
    5D2 / 5D3 / 16-35 2.8L II USM / 24-70 2.8L / 100 2.8L IS Macro/ 70-200 2.8L IS

Default Re: Leica D-Lux4

why not get d-lux 5? it's a successor to the d-lux 4... or if want cheaper, can get panasonic lumix lx5 since they are practically the same thing.

Olympus XZ-1 perhaps?

What other cameras have you compared the Lux4 against? The LX3 and LX5 are very popular for having Leica lenses without the price of getting a Leica.

Saw this camera on the online store, camera.co.id, and they got 3 Leica cameras on sale. Found the d-lux 4 to be really neat, like a miniature Leica. It was only later that I learnt from ChimpChimp that they now even got the Lux5. Learnt even more from fellow CS that the camera was the exact copy of Panasonic equivalent. It is a pity, as I thought it would be nice to have a little Leica PNS with attitude. I know it is stupid but the Leica design was what attract me first. Guess I will continue to carry my DSLR for a bit longer. Many thanks for the enlightenment.
    Chris
    5D2 / 5D3 / 16-35 2.8L II USM / 24-70 2.8L / 100 2.8L IS Macro/ 70-200 2.8L IS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chris0804 View Post
    Saw this camera on the online store, camera.co.id, and they got 3 Leica cameras on sale. Found the d-lux 4 to be really neat, like a miniature Leica. It was only later that I learnt from ChimpChimp that they now even got the Lux5. Learnt even more from fellow CS that the camera was the exact copy of Panasonic equivalent. It is a pity, as I thought it would be nice to have a little Leica PNS with attitude. I know it is stupid but the Leica design was what attract me first. Guess I will continue to carry my DSLR for a bit longer. Many thanks for the enlightenment.
    D Lux series are nothing but re-branded and re-badged Panasonic cameras, made by panasonic. The only realy Leica PnS now is X1 and even that is not that impressive. The beauty of Leica is actually in their RF and their lenses.