View Poll Results: Do u u freak out over a DAMN COCKROACH?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES. hate those thingys....

43 63.24%
  • nah....

20 29.41%
  • wats a cockroach?

5 7.35%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: cockroach...

yuks... what a topic to start on... It was a really childhood thing how I become scare of them. BUT the worst was just afew months ago, I was walking when suddenly, I felt someone "falls" on my head, it gives me a shiver! And my... shiver was right! The "xiao qiang" don noe how falls on my head... I felt my blood flowing out of my brain and I almost black out. Pengs.. That was early in the morning walking pass a kopitiam. My friends force me to buy toto cos they thought I got luck! siao... only 1 number.
    sorry... I abit out of topic.
    I am very scare of them, especially high flyers who didnt pass the flying test(fly towards you type)

Quote Originally Posted by rainman
    Eaten 1 before.....
    how is it like? wanna trade stories? i have eaten a snake before, and rabbit stew all the same given week.

Quote Originally Posted by furrypaws
    i'm quoting my friend's words of wisdom here:

"it is not easy to overcome aversion to things like roach unless one has already comtemplated on it. for me, my teacher led us thru a contemplative meditation and we saw the roach with compassion and hence transform our perception of a revulsive thing to one that brings out our empathy. much as we see a person deformed with leprosy. i could see many people couldn't hide the aversion on their faces but once u see that this person too like me, wants to live and also be free of pain and death, then we are all the same."
    fear causes us to be irrational, dun blame me for killing the coach man!

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    niece furry... st anthony's? my primary school was st anthony's
    oooh.. really?? looks like my boy went the same path as u did.. in terms of schools..
    st ant's boy school? me at the secondary section all gals.. heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Belle&Sebastain
    fear causes us to be irrational, dun blame me for killing the coach man!
    to fear them is one thing.. to discuss ways and means to exterminate them, delighting in the graphical aspects is another!

to fear them is one thing.. to discuss ways and means to exterminate them, delighting in the graphical aspects is another!
    Guess it won't help that my suggestion is to mount cockroach heads on toothpicks as a deterrant to others?
    Nope, what i do is i lovingly pick up the little critter and gently release it to freedom out of the window... ... of my 24th floor flat.
    Sorry, furrypaws...

My grandfather really hates cocokroaches.
    Though he walks slow... but he can really run very fast when he sees a cockroach.
    He will chase after them, grab them and pull off their heads.
    he said that's the best way to ensure they are dead

let me put my message across CLEARLY, i never ever have any delight or say anything about enjoying my kill! i just hunt them down so they need not need to crawl over me.

Actually have you noticed the older generation is rarely afraid of cockroaches. Both my grandparents just use a thin tissue to pick up a roach when they see one and throw it away. Its like a piece of litter or something. Very Garang ppl
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

There was one time when I was in NS.

We had this combat engineer vehicle track that had been rolled up for months. We were told to unroll it. Literally hundreds of cockroaches came running out all over. We had a good time walking around stomping on them.

Quote Originally Posted by dolpjki
    My grandfather really hates cocokroaches.
    Though he walks slow... but he can really run very fast when he sees a cockroach.
    He will chase after them, grab them and pull off their heads.
    he said that's the best way to ensure they are dead
    For info, cockroaches can stay alive for another 5-7 days without their heads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123