View Poll Results: Do u u freak out over a DAMN COCKROACH?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES. hate those thingys....

43 63.24%
  • nah....

20 29.41%
  • wats a cockroach?

5 7.35%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: cockroach...

was tht microwave oven later used for heating up food? or does he has a designated cockroach oven...:P

i prefer to see a ghost than to see a cockroach.

Quote Originally Posted by w.s
    was tht microwave oven later used for heating up food? or does he has a designated cockroach oven...:P
    hahaha..

tt same oven was used to heat up our food... lol.

she doesnt have a designated cockroach oven la.. haha, ovens not cheap lor..

i like to put salt on snails.. see them dissolve..

wht?!?... same oven... for grilling cockroaches and baking cookies... cant imagine if u mixed them up:P

dissolving snails with salt... tht's something new does it really work?

I ever went to a hotel in India and when I flip over the mattress.. see about 5 cockcoachs running around... yucks but it was too late in the night to switch hotel....

I place back the mattress carefully, lay down in teh centre of the bed, close my eyes and try to fall asleep...

yucks!

burning roaches give a horrible smell.. never want to do that again.
    i normally use those small brooms made from bunches of rattan to sweep water in toilets to whack the roach. dun like them splattering all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Clown
    burning roaches give a horrible smell.. never want to do that again.
    i normally use those small brooms made from bunches of rattan to sweep water in toilets to whack the roach. dun like them splattering all over the place.
    its the same smell when you burnt your own hair.

i'm used to the smell as i often need to burn a little fabric to check the content, its the same smell as burning silk

To kill a coakroach, I'd first cast my shadow slowly over it so that it will not be startled by any sudden movement. Then I take newspaper (1 double piece folded into half) and grab it before crushing it to death. Dump it in a plastic bag and it goes down the chute.

Quote Originally Posted by lavenderlilz
    To kill a coakroach, I'd first cast my shadow slowly over it so that it will not be startled by any sudden movement. Then I take newspaper (1 double piece folded into half) and grab it before crushing it to death. Dump it in a plastic bag and it goes down the chute.
    hee samasama, but my variant is a soft-fold so it doesn't smear all over the floor. I go PUP! going once... PUP! twice... and more so as to shock it thoroughly.
    then it goes to my arowana.
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

sorry guys..
    after reading all these posts, i cant help but feel compelled to share my thoughts and feelings going thru my mind.. i feel very disturbed and sickened to realise that we human beings actually take such delight in taking away lives.. (yes.. even cockcroaches r living beings who eat, breathe, poo like we do! ).... without any qualms.. not realising that these creatures feel pain, feel hunger, and have instincts to survive.. whoever gives us the right to deliver them such pain, such torture?! pls! reflect on ur actions.. i'm not asking for royal treatment to be given to these creatures.. how much does it take to just catch the damn thing and release it somewhere else? pick up a snail and release it into the bush instead of pouring salt over it just to see it dissolve?! whatever happened to your sense of compassion? for all creatures, great or small.......

Quote Originally Posted by furrypaws
    sorry guys..
    after reading all these posts, i cant help but feel compelled to share my thoughts and feelings going thru my mind.. i feel very disturbed and sickened to realise that we human beings actually take such delight in taking away lives.. (yes.. even cockcroaches r living beings who eat, breathe, poo like we do! ).... without any qualms.. not realising that these creatures feel pain, feel hunger, and have instincts to survive.. whoever gives us the right to deliver them such pain, such torture?! pls! reflect on ur actions.. i'm not asking for royal treatment to be given to these creatures.. how much does it take to just catch the damn thing and release it somewhere else? pick up a snail and release it into the bush instead of pouring salt over it just to see it dissolve?! whatever happened to your sense of compassion? for all creatures, great or small.......
    sorry i was not in delight? catch the thing, i say i'm afraid of them, how to catch?

Quote Originally Posted by Belle&Sebastain
    sorry i was not in delight? catch the thing, i say i'm afraid of them, how to catch?
    hi Belle&Sebastain, erm, actually i'm also quite scared of them la..
    but that doesnt give me the right to squash them into pulps... i get "cornered" by them in toilets sometimes.. flying ones at that.. i mostly just shoo them away..

hi Belle&Sebastain, erm, actually i'm also quite scared of them la..
    but that doesnt give me the right to squash them into pulps... i get "cornered" by them in toilets sometimes.. flying ones at that.. i mostly just shoo them away..
    when you get an unwanted vistor at home, a pair of cockroachfobic couple dun help by chasing it away, fearing it will return and crawl onto you. I had a roach catwalk on me before and i get sick to the stomach til today. sorry i share all your views on treating living things expect the ROACH!

should have another poll: What is your weapon of choice? haha

I use da papers! The Newpaper is actually good for something afterall...

anywae, I wacked one of these suckers once... my gawd... splat... this fat black roach burst and splattered orange liquid all over my wall... nnh! so damn pissed... but papers are still good lah.

the new odourless bygon is quite gd in terms of "noseability" and i think shieldtox gives a nicer spraying sound.

My fren's dad knocks em out with papers, and burns them on the stove and tosses em out the window. dont know why so elaborate.. haha..

Another friends grandmother sits in the toilet at night (M'sia Kampung) and pulls the heads off the roaches comming out of the gully trap.

furry, long time no see how r u?

i have compassion for little creatures lah, but I wunt give face to pests loh. which is what cockroaches are!! together with flies, mosquitoes & house ants

Quote Originally Posted by Belle&Sebastain
    when you get an unwanted vistor at home, a pair of cockroachfobic couple dun help by chasing it away, fearing it will return and crawl onto you. I had a roach catwalk on me before and i get sick to the stomach til today. sorry i share all your views on treating living things expect the ROACH!
    i'm quoting my friend's words of wisdom here:

"it is not easy to overcome aversion to things like roach unless one has already comtemplated on it. for me, my teacher led us thru a contemplative meditation and we saw the roach with compassion and hence transform our perception of a revulsive thing to one that brings out our empathy. much as we see a person deformed with leprosy. i could see many people couldn't hide the aversion on their faces but once u see that this person too like me, wants to live and also be free of pain and death, then we are all the same."

i'm quoting my friend's words of wisdom here:

"it is not easy to overcome aversion to things like roach unless one has already comtemplated on it. for me, my teacher led us thru a contemplative meditation and we saw the roach with compassion and hence transform our perception of a revulsive thing to one that brings out our empathy. much as we see a person deformed with leprosy. i could see many people couldn't hide the aversion on their faces but once u see that this person too like me, wants to live and also be free of pain and death, then we are all the same."
    you inspire my new avater, i meant the roach

Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo
    furry, long time no see how r u?
    hey fox!
    i'm fine..
    just bz with new job... dealing with little riots at st anthony's..
    waking up at unearthly hours every morning...
    feeling completely handicapped without my pc until recently...
    i see that our little haven has lotsa new members lately..
    hee... miss my aunty zaren and aunty choy... will go in and say hi sometime...

hey fox!
    i'm fine..
    just bz with new job... dealing with little riots at st anthony's..
    waking up at unearthly hours every morning...
    feeling completely handicapped without my pc until recently...
    i see that our little haven has lotsa new members lately..
    hee... miss my aunty zaren and aunty choy... will go in and say hi sometime...
    niece furry... st anthony's? my primary school was st anthony's
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Eaten 1 before.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast