Thread: EosViewer user... please help.. regarding RAW convertion

Question EosViewer user... please help.. regarding RAW convertion

Hi all,

My first time on shooting RAW with 300D, using EosViewer to open CRW file, adjust constrast/saturation then convert and save to Jpg file with highest image quality level.

Why the converted jpg picture if open with PS CS or ACDsee, it looks like about 1, 1.5 stop lower than the one from EosViewer?

Say, the converted jpg is constrast +high, saturation +mid high. And the converted picture looks like constrast +mid high, saturation = standard.

The same jpg open side-by-side with EosViewer and PS CS, they looks different in image quality

Did you guys realise this? Or any idea what's going wrong?

Thanks in advance.
    Canon 40D|17-55 f/2.8 IS|100 f/2.8 Macro|135 f/2L|300 f/4L IS|430ex|BG-E2

hmm.... no one using Canon EosViewer meh???
    If in that case, what software you guys using to convert RAW?
    Any freeware?

Cheers!

Could be due to difference in colorspace used in EOSViewer and PS CS. Eg. the colorspace of the 300D is set to AdobeRGB and PS CS is set to RGB, or vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat
    Could be due to difference in colorspace used in EOSViewer and PS CS. Eg. the colorspace of the 300D is set to AdobeRGB and PS CS is set to RGB, or vice versa.
    hmm... but I'd be sure that my PS CS is also preset to Adobe1988 color space leh...

The same picture show equal quality from PS CS and ACDsee, but not EOSViewer. Weird...