Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: Any good Office Chair to Recommend?

  1. #1

    Default Any good Office Chair to Recommend?

    Budget around $200~$300. Need to support the head also.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Any good Office Chair to Recommend?

    go v.hive at funan and see. they got huge range. $2200 also got.
    Objection !!!

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives
    go v.hive at funan and see. they got huge range. $2200 also got.
    I suggest Don't try them. They sold chair, intentionally or unintentionally I won't known, with imitation leather that the thin skin can come off after about a year. I believe only China has such " technology" to imitate so nicely.

  4. #4
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,929
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Any good Office Chair to Recommend?

    I have been through many many office renovations and office chairs over the years so this is my honest advise .......for 200-300 get something simple......... IMPORTANT thing is that it gives GOOD back support and is sturdy .... your staff will thank you for it

    at this budget.... IF u end up with a chair that has high back, headrest, rolling wheels, height/lean/angle adjustments, adjustable arms etc etc etc ..... you will end up with CRAP that will last u all of 3-4 months and probably staff with back aches and all.... I can almost guarantee u this.

    at your budget ....if u can pay a little bit more (like 500-600) i seriously suggest go for go for something simple with faux leather, wheels, height adjustment and good back support enough at this budget .... nothing else ........forget about all the other bells and whistles .... you will regret and your staff will sure kpkb after half a year to a year

    as I type I am sitting on a very simple but fully stitched leather office chair from Contour.... ONLY wheels and height adjustment and low back some more ....nothing else.... but fabulous on the back ..... $900 new which i picked up for $40 when my old company went bust

    dont let all that chrome and black fool you ..... check below the seat where the base attaches to the chair and the corners .... if u see the cloth or faux leather stapled in place... avoid like the plague .... the REAL DEAL with all these bells and whistles will cost upward of $1000 through a $8000 and more CEO chair

    office furniture unfortunately there is no cheap and good ..... you really get what you pay for no matter what the contractor or salesman says

    Lastly, if you pay even $300 for an office chair..... after the mark-up and all.... you are looking at a chair with probably $70 worth of hardware and cheap unskilled labor putting it together ...... so at this level... AVOID all the bells and whistles
    Last edited by ed9119; 26th April 2011 at 11:34 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  5. #5
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,929
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Any good Office Chair to Recommend?

    otherwise can consider buy 2nd hand from dealers who take over liquidation assets .... go for management office furniture from private banking , asset management and fund management companies

    This one Hock Siong from facebook comes up with good stuff once in a while.... they specialize in buying and reselling 2nd hand furniture and decorations from hotels, resorts and offices
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/hocksiongco
    Last edited by ed9119; 26th April 2011 at 11:31 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  6. #6

    Default Re: Any good Office Chair to Recommend?

    Can try Benel. Freniq or the Mesh series. Price around 300-500. Come with 3 yrs warranty. Just bought ard 30 sets for office and meeting room use. Better to dropby their showroom and try it out instead of looking at catalog.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Any good Office Chair to Recommend?

    icic...thx for the advices.

    i juz saw popular bookshop has promotion on an office chair for sell...around $250. forgot wat brand, is it good?

  8. #8

    Default Re: Any good Office Chair to Recommend?

    i actually want to buy this...CCA007 from
    http://www.vhive.com.sg/listing.php?...cat_c=3&from=6

    it only 200+, it's has lean adjustment at any angle. very comfortable. but as ed9119 mention, i afraid it may not last more than 1 year, and it doesn't even has a brand name.

    any other suggestion from this vhive website?

  9. #9

    Default Re: Any good Office Chair to Recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by ddwmk2002 View Post
    Can try Benel. Freniq or the Mesh series. Price around 300-500. Come with 3 yrs warranty. Just bought ard 30 sets for office and meeting room use. Better to dropby their showroom and try it out instead of looking at catalog.
    look quite impressive. their showroom is at loyang rite? any other places that carry their products?

  10. #10

    Default Re: Any good Office Chair to Recommend?

    Not sure whether are there any distributor elsewhere you can try out the chair. We couldn't decide after requesting for few different demo model send to our office. So end up paying them a visit and shortlisted 3 model (X-Mesh, Q-Mesh and Fortis). Most seem to like the X-Mesh and some prefer the Fortis (sorry its Fortis not Freniq which shd be more exp). End up getting the X-Mesh.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Any good Office Chair to Recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by ddwmk2002 View Post
    Not sure whether are there any distributor elsewhere you can try out the chair. We couldn't decide after requesting for few different demo model send to our office. So end up paying them a visit and shortlisted 3 model (X-Mesh, Q-Mesh and Fortis). Most seem to like the X-Mesh and some prefer the Fortis (sorry its Fortis not Freniq which shd be more exp). End up getting the X-Mesh.
    oic...wats the price range like?

  12. #12

    Default Re: Any good Office Chair to Recommend?

    XMesh slightly above $400, with head rest close to 500. QMesh and Fortis slightly above $300. Fortis is slightly higher then mid back so if you ain't very tall, shd be able to support your neck and head as well.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Any good Office Chair to Recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by ddwmk2002 View Post
    XMesh slightly above $400, with head rest close to 500. QMesh and Fortis slightly above $300. Fortis is slightly higher then mid back so if you ain't very tall, shd be able to support your neck and head as well.
    wah lau...emailed them and they said they have only one showroom (loyang) and no known retailers. and they say not open to public, need to make appointment. it's like more for corporate. i one person go and buy only 1 chair...later not buying also very paisei. gave up....dunno how they will survive with this kind of policy.
    Last edited by baggiolee; 27th April 2011 at 11:21 PM.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Any good Office Chair to Recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by baggiolee View Post
    wah lau...emailed them and they said they have only one showroom (loyang) and no known retailers. and they say not open to public, need to make appointment. it's like more for corporate. i one person go and buy only 1 chair...later not buying also very paisei. gave up....dunno how they will survive with this kind of policy.
    I tot you are buying for office...Yes their target is corporate client. Of course if i wanted a set for myself then no problem ordering...

    If you wish to walk in, perhaps you can try Lizo. Showroom at Hoa Nam Bldg, Lavender. There is a model almost identical to XMesh but we decided not to take it because although almost identical, some parts are plastic instead of metal.

  15. #15
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,929
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Any good Office Chair to Recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by baggiolee View Post
    .... i one person go and buy only 1 chair.......dunno how they will survive with this kind of policy.
    they will not bankrupt by selling ONE chair less lol !!

    Aiyah if you buying one chair, then best advise is go to shops that specialize in 2nd hand office/hotel furniture like the one i mentioned above

    OR go to movingsale.com where they specialize in second hand office furniture .... i think they even have a good stock of 2nd hand Herman Miller chairs (a VERY VERY GOOD American manufacturer) ....
    http://www.movingsale.com.sg/new_use...e=Used_Seating
    Last edited by ed9119; 28th April 2011 at 12:51 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  16. #16

    Default Re: Any good Office Chair to Recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    they will not bankrupt by selling ONE chair less lol !!

    Aiyah if you buying one chair, then best advise is go to shops that specialize in 2nd hand office/hotel furniture like the one i mentioned above

    OR go to movingsale.com where they specialize in second hand office furniture .... i think they even have a good stock of 2nd hand Herman Miller chairs (a VERY VERY GOOD American manufacturer) ....
    http://www.movingsale.com.sg/new_use...e=Used_Seating
    i got skin allergy...can't use 2nd hand chairs leh.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Any good Office Chair to Recommend?

    Has anyone bought this chair from V.Hive? any feedback will be very much appreciated!



    ISG-M110 IRIS
    MESH GOLD CHAIR
    MESH GREY
    made in korea
    Last edited by frenzatwork; 11th May 2011 at 10:03 AM.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Any good Office Chair to Recommend?

    This could be a good one for your $200-300 budget - [VIVA OFFICE® Comfort Ergonomic Mesh High Back Multifunction Swivel Office Chair – VIVA00881]

    It's only worth around $210, fits to your budget. Plus, it's an ergonomic chair, so it has good head support. I would also recommend the Lorell High Executive chair, but it's not ergonomic. Even so, I liked it because it has high back, good support for my back as well and it is made of mesh material so it's pretty cool even if you had to sit for long hours. Read some good reviews on Comfyofficechair.com

  19. #19
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default

    Herman Miller Aeron chair. Nothing else will do. Worth the investment.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Dfive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore lah....
    Posts
    3,106

    Default Re: Any good Office Chair to Recommend?

    " Need a chair Sir ?? "

    Name:  sexy-young-woman-computer-office-chair-13810413.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  24.8 KB
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •