Thread: Better Beamer Flash Extender Offer/Promo

Default Better Beamer Flash Extender Offer/Promo

Hi Folks,

After getting some advice from seniors here regarding the flash extender for my birding purposes, i've found a website with a promo/special offer for the Better Beamer flash extender. It will come with an extra fresnel lens for a limited time. The best part is that the shipping for the package is around $10USD. Hence the total price is $48.03 USD for 1 set with extra lens. DElivery time is around 10-21 days.

If i'm not wrong, a set without the extra lens retails around $80 or more at Cathay or TK.

Sharing this good deal at this website for bros and sis here who may want to get it.

I'm not affiliated or working for them but would just like to share this good deal.
    Last edited by Silas; 25th April 2011 at 11:41 PM.

Default Re: Better Beamer Flash Extender Offer/Promo

Thanks for sharing. You got them??

Quote Originally Posted by Silas View Post
    If i'm not wrong, a set without the extra lens retails around $80 or more at Cathay or TK.
    I got mine at $65. The only problems are stock availability and they seems to only have for 1 size (for Canon 580EXII). Although with velcro, you should still be able to use it on other flashes.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceL View Post
    Thanks for sharing. You got them??
    Already bought them via the site and awaiting delivery. Delivery is between 10-21 days. Will update once i get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    I got mine at $65. The only problems are stock availability and they seems to only have for 1 size (for Canon 580EXII). Although with velcro, you should still be able to use it on other flashes.
    Yup, i' called Cathay, no stock and no indication of next arrival, called MS and they said they dun carry it, called TK also no stock and the guy quoted me $79 over the phone. Based on the site's promo, the wait should be worthwhile since an extra lens is included.

i'm also interested with this product. too bad no stock in stores u mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by TwinJet99 View Post
    i'm also interested with this product. too bad no stock in stores u mentioned.
    I provided the website above, you can get from them at a lower price and also receive an extra fresnel lens.

wOO Hooo! it arrived today! i ordered online on 25 Apr and it arrived on 5 May. As per the promo, it came with an extra fresnel lens. Cant wait to try it out.

Can this be used for concert ?

What does this gadget really do? How it look like?

Quote Originally Posted by sumsum80 View Post
    Based on the technical aspects, should be able to.

Quote Originally Posted by sliderz View Post
    Do click on the link in my first post of this thread or click here

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sliderz View Post
    http://www.luminous-landscape.com/re...r_beamer.shtml

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sumsum80 View Post
    Yes it can. but do note that in a dark concert setting, the resulting picture will look quite a bit harsher.

And if you are not the official photographer, you may get your stuff confiscated.

Thanks for sharing, ordered mine just now.

Quote Originally Posted by kino2 View Post
    Thanks for sharing, ordered mine just now.
    Most welcome!

By the way, i forgot to add that it came with a $5 voucher for next purchase and a $10 voucher (minimum spending amount $99) which expires 16 May. I'm not using my $10 voucher and if any of you want to purchase items above that amount, i can PM you the voucher code.

The voucher code has been given out already. Cheers!

Default Re: Better Beamer Flash Extender Offer/Promo (Picture Comparison Provided)

Here's my update after using the beamer on 2 separate birding trips.

My set-up was a 50D + 100-400mm and shots were taken between 350-400mm range.

The first time i used the beamer i had some difficulties controlling the output on my 580 as the instructions manual for the beamer indicated to shoot in ttl and set the zoom between 35-50mm, playing around with the compensation from 0 till -2 but still cannot control it. This resulted in my shots getting burnt severely and i was slightly discouraged.

On my second time using, i used ettl and set the zoom between 24-35mm with compensation ranging between -1 t0 -1 2/3. For the range of my lens and the distance between me and the birds, this is the most successful settings and i think i'm getting the hang of using it.

Anyways, here's 2 pictures to compare the difference of using and not using the beamer. Pictures not edited except for cropping and conversion to jpeg.

Without using beamer

Using beamer

Hope this comparison is useful for others who intend or are interested to get it.
    Last edited by Silas; 30th May 2011 at 09:11 AM.

Default Re: Better Beamer Flash Extender Offer/Promo (Picture Comparison Provided)

Most of us already not using the better beamer and the flash for birds. You need to really control down the flash as you can see that the one with the better beamer looks luminous. This is not the natural colours of the bird. Control it so that the light from the flash is just enough to brighten up the shadows.

(note: I'm not against using flash)

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    Most of us already not using the better beamer and the flash for birds. You need to really control down the flash as you can see that the one with the better beamer looks luminous. This is not the natural colours of the bird. Control it so that the light from the flash is just enough to brighten up the shadows.

(note: I'm not against using flash)
    Yup, i understand what you mean. I'm still figuring out the various settings for the multitude of lighting situations to not gun the poor bird with the flash and only use it when necessary.

Cheers!