Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Lexar Image Rescue 2.0

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Sg, West
    Posts
    34

    Default Lexar Image Rescue 2.0

    hi CS Clubbers!

    i just gotten a Lexar CF 40x card as a present from my GF, i was pretty excited as there's this Image Rescue thingy enclosed.

    HOWEVER, i "kay-Kiang" i inserted the CF card into my A70 and format it for usage.

    it's on;ly when i wanna download the pictures to my PC, then i was flipping thru the manual....
    THE IMAGE RESCUE software is IN THE CF CARD!!!
    and i actually FORMAT IT!


    can any kind soul out there care to sahre on where can i find the installation software??

    feeling silly.... kilato

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kilato
    hi CS Clubbers!

    i just gotten a Lexar CF 40x card as a present from my GF, i was pretty excited as there's this Image Rescue thingy enclosed.

    HOWEVER, i "kay-Kiang" i inserted the CF card into my A70 and format it for usage.

    it's on;ly when i wanna download the pictures to my PC, then i was flipping thru the manual....
    THE IMAGE RESCUE software is IN THE CF CARD!!!
    and i actually FORMAT IT!


    can any kind soul out there care to sahre on where can i find the installation software??

    feeling silly.... kilato
    I have PMed you for your email add. Will send you a copy.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kilato
    hi CS Clubbers!

    i just gotten a Lexar CF 40x card as a present from my GF, i was pretty excited as there's this Image Rescue thingy enclosed.

    HOWEVER, i "kay-Kiang" i inserted the CF card into my A70 and format it for usage.

    it's on;ly when i wanna download the pictures to my PC, then i was flipping thru the manual....
    THE IMAGE RESCUE software is IN THE CF CARD!!!
    and i actually FORMAT IT!


    can any kind soul out there care to sahre on where can i find the installation software??

    feeling silly.... kilato
    Heehee. That was exactly what I did. After formatting, I started looking for a miniCD in the package. Duh.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Everywhere where e sun shines
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    hmm...can other branded CF card use the image rescue software?...hmm...just asking...heh

  5. #5

    Default

    You can actually download Image Rescue v. 2 from Lexar's website, but you need version 1 in order to install it.

    Not sure if other brands can use the full functionality of IR2, I've only tried doing a CF scan of my Sandisk 512MB card, no problems with that

  6. #6
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    509

    Default

    I made sure I got it off my card before I formatted it. Installed it, and guess what - it's a 30 day trial version! Pretty cheesy marketing on Lexar's part I must say. So Lexar - THANKS FOR NOTHING!

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kelster
    hmm...can other branded CF card use the image rescue software?...hmm...just asking...heh
    Yes, you can use other brand of CF card.

  8. #8
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,867
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    kiltato... dun worry. u're not the only one... me too!
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Everywhere where e sun shines
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redstorm
    Yes, you can use other brand of CF card.

    ooh...nice...can send me a copy too?...I'll PM you my email add...

    kamsia x million...heh

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    3,287

    Default

    Me too. Have sent you my email address.

  11. #11
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default

    Hmmm...me too..when I first got my card..I reformatted it...

    Luck was on my side one afternoon when I wen to Eastgear with a friend one day and happened to ask the salesperson about the IR. When I told him that I accidentally formatted my card, he got my email and sent my a copy of the IRv1 that night...
    eat. drink. shoot

  12. #12

    Default

    arghhh i made the same mistake on my Lexar card ... formated it .... can anyone e-mail me a copy of the Lexar Image Rescue 1.0? can you PM me and i give ya my e-mail?... sob sob sob sob... thx many many

  13. #13
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,867
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lumen
    arghhh i made the same mistake on my Lexar card ... formated it .... can anyone e-mail me a copy of the Lexar Image Rescue 1.0? can you PM me and i give ya my e-mail?... sob sob sob sob... thx many many
    heehee... welcome to the club! i wish the lexar corp will wise up and burn it on a CD for their CF cards...

    are u using winXP? if so, pm me ur e-mail add. i can send u a copy. just dat u have to clear ur mailbox becos the file can be pretty big...
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    heehee... welcome to the club! i wish the lexar corp will wise up and burn it on a CD for their CF cards...

    are u using winXP? if so, pm me ur e-mail add. i can send u a copy. just dat u have to clear ur mailbox becos the file can be pretty big...
    hi wolf!! thks for the welcome... the digital world is still too new for me... i din know you cannot any-o-how format your stuff...

    yup using XP and have PM-ed you accordingly thks thks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •