Thread: Lensbaby aperture ring lost... can any kind soul suggest a solution?

Default Lensbaby aperture ring lost... can any kind soul suggest a solution?

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen.

The Funny Situation with my Lensbaby Aperture ring...
    Please don't laugh at me for I post here as a last resort.
    I just bought a Lensbaby Control Freak two days ago.
    Those who use Lensbaby would know that the aperture rings f/2.8, f/4.0 f/5.6... all these come loose in a small container.
    For some funny reasons, I kept wondering when I will lose any of these.
    And today, after my enthusiasm took the better of me, I finally dropped all these rings just beside a drain.
    I could retrieve all but the f/4.0 aperture ring. And this f/4.0 ring was, I felt, one of the more important ones.

Why don't I get it from Cathay Photo?
    When I bought the set from Cathay Photo two days ago, I asked the gentleman if I ever lose any of these rings can I buy from them. He said they don't carry stocks of the replacement.
    I thought it a little strange that the distributor/retailer wouldn't carry stocks of the replacement aperture set because I am sure there are bound to be some who, like me, would drop and lose their rings. But I didn't pursue it further.

Buy from www.Lensbaby.com online lah...
    Well, yes. Certainly I searched that.
    The cost of the replacement aperture set is US$12. Reasonable price.
    But the freight cost is US$25.
    Of course, if worse comes to worse, then this will have to be carried out.

Has this ever happened to any one of you? If it has, can you please share with me your solutions?
    Yes. As we know, that piece of aperture ring is magnetic and it is this very nature that makes it possible to use the magnetic 'pen' to remove it from the lens. Thus, a few things, like fabricating a similar ring using a piece of cardboard and such, have crossed my mind.
    If this has happened to you before, can you share with me what you did: be it buying from an sources, making it yourself.. or whatever.
    Would really really appreciate your kind suggestions.

Sincerely.

Default Re: Lensbaby aperture ring lost... can any kind soul suggest a solution?

Hi everyone.

Went searching for it again.
    Found it lodged between leaves in the long kang.
    Sorry for all the trouble.
    And thanks to all my good friends who have messaged me with their solutions.

Thread closed with lots of gratitude!