Thread: 1st Attempt on Fashion Show@FSW 2004

Talking 1st Attempt on Fashion Show@FSW 2004

Joined a bunch of Clubsnap folks down to Raffles City to shoot a fashion show. Actually this is my first attempt using a D70, no tripod, no flash, armed with 70-300(SIGMA) and i only manage to get a few clear shot because i was shooting over people's shoulders. And now HERE are my photos.
    Last edited by acidbyte; 23rd August 2004 at 01:25 AM.
    mOi bLoG - "i bLoG, dO yOu?"

Good shots for being the 1st time...
    Here's mine.. http://willyfoo.clubsnap.org/gallery/fashion

Hi acidbyte,

great composition...... but checked your exif that you are shooting at 300mm with 1/100s exposure without flash.... that might be the reason why your pics are soft/blur.... general rule will be 1/focal length.. if i am not wrong....
    Your combo is quite light I suppose, so may not need a monopod for support....

me newbie too... still learning..... keep shooting....
    Anyway, I'm using D70 too and here's my take from last Friday...

Quote Originally Posted by acidbyte
    Joined a bunch of Clubsnap folks down to Raffles City to shoot a fashion show. Actually this is my first attempt using a D70, no tripod, no flash, armed with 70-300(SIGMA) and i only manage to get a few clear shot because i was shooting over people's shoulders. And now HERE are my photos.
    Shot 3 shows with sigma 70-300, don't think it's advisable to handhold even with flash (it's only fill-in anynway). Looks good, considering that the AF speed of a D70 + sigma 70-300 is actually slow to track models walking on the runway. It may be difficult but you can try to take them while they are walking, notice that your shots are all static poses.

Noticed that some of the models' hands and faces are too hot, so gotta take note of the histo during the shoot (or use blinking highlights which i use), dial in the EV compensation accordingly, depends on the lighting too (some spots are easier to take also).

Other than that, good attempt.

Why not post in the Photo galleries, more people view lar.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by 2100
    Shot 3 shows with sigma 70-300, don't think it's advisable to handhold even with flash (it's only fill-in anynway). Looks good, considering that the AF speed of a D70 + sigma 70-300 is actually slow to track models walking on the runway. It may be difficult but you can try to take them while they are walking, notice that your shots are all static poses.

Noticed that some of the models' hands and faces are too hot, so gotta take note of the histo during the shoot (or use blinking highlights which i use), dial in the EV compensation accordingly, depends on the lighting too (some spots are easier to take also).

Other than that, good attempt.

Why not post in the Photo galleries, more people view lar.
    Thanks for the comments..Going to try later..The gallery is at http://photobucket.com/albums/v457/K...22_CS_Fashion/
    mOi bLoG - "i bLoG, dO yOu?"

you guys are fast....i'm still cropping and del my shots...