Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: recommended places to buy used lenses other than BnS?

  1. #1
    Member Kboy123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    345

    Default recommended places to buy used lenses other than BnS?

    hey guys,

    can recommend any good shop in SG to get used lenses aside from BnS section? like good deals and all that

  2. #2

    Default

    Try peninsula plaza, first floor.

  3. #3

    Default

    Try peninsula plaza, first floor.

  4. #4
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trd2970
    Try peninsula plaza, first floor.
    Have not been there yet. How's prices compared to BnS? Someone said quite ex. But I'm sure can bargain

  5. #5

    Default Re: recommended places to buy used lenses other than BnS?

    BnS is the best place for price. No point getting from shops because their prices are much higher. Due to the fact that they need to maintain their shops as well, so their prices are different from BnS.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgdevilzz
    BnS is the best place for price. No point getting from shops because their prices are much higher. Due to the fact that they need to maintain their shops as well, so their prices are different from BnS.
    Not really....i see many cases of bns prices higher than shops.

  7. #7

    Default

    They offer good prices also for sellers...few years back i sold my 5dmk1 to a shop offering 150 more than folks on bns

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Woodlands, Singapore
    Posts
    1,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trd2970

    Not really....i see many cases of bns prices higher than shops.
    Strongly agree..I have the same sentiment abt the sellers here in CS...
    KANTAimages
    "through the lens where every memories is crafted"

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Woodlands, Singapore
    Posts
    1,289

    Default

    Can try benphoto or the camera workshop at peninsula 1st floor...
    KANTAimages
    "through the lens where every memories is crafted"

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahlan
    Can try benphoto or the camera workshop at peninsula 1st floor...
    Ben is a good recommendation. Friendly chap and fuss free deal.

  11. #11
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: recommended places to buy used lenses other than BnS?

    Quote Originally Posted by trd2970 View Post
    Not really....i see many cases of bns prices higher than shops.
    I agree...

  12. #12

    Default Re: recommended places to buy used lenses other than BnS?

    Quote Originally Posted by trd2970 View Post
    Not really....i see many cases of bns prices higher than shops.
    Now that you mentioned, it's quite true too. Maybe i've seen too many good deals in BnS and just ignore those overpriced ones. However, if you are willing to camp in BnS, you might stumbled upon some good deals.

  13. #13
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: recommended places to buy used lenses other than BnS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgdevilzz View Post
    Now that you mentioned, it's quite true too. Maybe i've seen too many good deals in BnS and just ignore those overpriced ones. However, if you are willing to camp in BnS, you might stumbled upon some good deals.
    Camp is one thing, some stuff are very hard to come by in BnS.

    As for shops, I like P&G, Benphoto, TCW are good. Monster Lens (the one besideP&G) has a lot of gems, but not all every thing there are at good prices, as with all stores. So you need to know your stuff.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •