Iím new to this forum and hopefully, I post in the correct section(if I have not please kindly let me know so I can make the necessary changes).
Anyway letís get to the point, I have bought a new D90 + 18-105 kit lens and have been toying around with it for about a month or so. However, I find the range of this lens has been rather limiting and thus Iím thinking of an upgrade of the lens.
Currently, Iím doing the following photography:
ē Travel Photography(would like to. But donít travel much)
ē Street life
As Iím doing landscaping, I foresee myself getting a FX body(hopefully when I have the $$). Thus Iím actually looking at the following lens:
ē AF-S VR 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED DX
ē AF-S Nikkor VR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED
I have also done a read up and I see different review about the 2 lens. However, some of the common things said are the IQ, Pro and cons.
- Light Weight
- Good Range. Donít need to change lens often(so less change of dropping and lens are expensive so I donít want my heart to break if it drops by accident.)
- Good for travelling use.
- IQ not very good at both end of the range.
- Good IQ
- Longer range
- Need to change lens if require other range
- Heavier as compared to 18-200
- On a DX body, there is a 1.5x crop factor which make it into a 105-450mm lens
I was also advice to get a 70-200F/2.8 which I think is an overkill currently for me(not to mention that the $$ I need to cough out is almost half yr of my salary. T.T) So I would like your professional advice on this matter. I hope to get a lens that will last me for at least while. I do not mind buying a second hand lens but i find that 3rd party lens are actually rather slow on my D90(personal opinion i guess).