Thread: Noob here. Lomo or rangefiders which uses memory card instead of films?

Talking Noob here. Lomo or rangefiders which uses memory card instead of films?

HALLOW! Hey peeps, kinda noob in lomo or rangefinder photography her. (correct me if i'm wrong) Are there anykind of vintage style cameras (like lomo and rangefinder types) that uses memory card instead of films? And also I dont know wth is Medium format, large format and other things like that. And also what are the differences between a Lomo camera and a Rangefinder camera? How much are vintagy(?) looking cameras cost brand new? not those Leica or hasselblad cameras but normal cameras like yashica or Lomo cost.

Why i want a vintage looking camera that has memory card input as easier to transfer files than film.

Thanks for the help peeps (Y)

Default Re: Noob here. Lomo or rangefiders which uses memory card instead of films?

oh yeah and also where can I find them? I saw the Yashica EZ 5421. is this slod in Singapore? If so, how much new?

Not sure if I'm right, the Fuji X100 and leica M9 could be those you are looking for?
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Default Re: Noob here. Lomo or rangefiders which uses memory card instead of films?

im VERYVERY LOW on budget. yeah i heard about the leica M9 but thats waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy to expensive. believe me or not my budget is less than $70.

Quote Originally Posted by Herdeh Herqury
    im VERYVERY LOW on budget. yeah i heard about the leica M9 but thats waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy to expensive. believe me or not my budget is less than $70.
    If you want a digital rangefinder, $70 is impossible

nahh, im not looking for a rangefinder but a holga or those lomo type cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by Herdeh Herqury
    nahh, im not looking for a rangefinder but a holga or those lomo type cameras.
    Same for those, $70 can get you a holga or lomo no problem, these toy cameras cost lower than that, just not when you want them to be digital.

oh! i saw at some shop in peninsula beside ruby photos that they sell holga portable film scanners for film cameras. i think that may be a good alternative to digital.

$70 can't even buy you a brand new PnS and u want a rangefinder digital.. *facepalm*
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

umm.. actually i want to know the price for brand new holga cameras, not rangefinders. I think you guys misunderstood from my england hahah.

Brand new Holga is less than 30USD.
    Tyrov
    Flickr

Wah! Want to look 'Stylo' and only want to pay $70?

Tell you what.
    Buy totally unusable TLR on ebay for a few bucks.
    Trash out the inside. Don't care how you mutilate it.
    Find a way to fit in you HP into it.

That sounds like a cool project
    Tyrov
    Flickr

Get an iPhone and one of those picture style apps. Pic looks vintage and it's digital.
    For all other questions about Medium format etc. you may find Google very useful.
    EOS

get the yashica ez f521, la.. that one should cost you around $90 band new in box (with 2GB SD card etc @ mustafa) or around $70-$80 used.. it's called the digital holga.. check BnS, sometimes there are people selling it..
    - troubled undergrad -
    Olympus XA/Canon QL17 GIII flickr

oh, or you can also try minox, but slightly more expensive.. >$100.. but still should be less than $200..
    - troubled undergrad -
    Olympus XA/Canon QL17 GIII flickr

Yashica EZ F521, as bayusuputra has mentioned.

http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...F521%29-Review