I have several questions that I am unable to find the answers after an extensive search in forum and online. I willl list down the gears I am using for your reference:
18-55mm IS kit lens
50mm f.18 m2
Yongnuo YN465 flash (E-TTL)
1) What would be the ideal focusing method for a group shot?
Example: If I were to shoot a group of 5 people in a typical indoor chinese restaraunt all sitted around a round table.
Current: I use the center point and auto focus at the middle person. My aperture will be at least f5.6 to ensure the extreme left and right person is sharp
- Is my current method ok?
- As mentioned by many posts that focus should be on the eyes of ther person. However my center focus point may not be pointing directly at the eyes of the middle person due to composition
- How about the eyes of the remaining 4 person?
2) Difference between external flash and EV compensation
I am very puzzled by this. EV compensation allows you to manually increase/decrease the light.
Example: Same example as above, but this time the lighting is quite poor
- I can just increase the EV compensation right? If so, whats the hype over external flash?
- I read in some flash articles that EV compensation may even be required when using external flash. If so, then why not just adjust the EV compensation in the first place?
Hope that someone can clarify my queries