Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Thread: thinking of getting D7000.

  1. #1

    Default thinking of getting D7000.

    How is D7000? Good ? Bad? Will give me better macro shoot ?

  2. #2
    Member technoglitz87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    314

    Default Re: thinking if getting D7000.

    How good or bad still depends on the lenses used. Gd or bad will also depend on your needs, should u require it. try reading some reviews on macro lenses around, mostly the 85s and 105mm from what i heard arnd.

    i too am new into photography. it's the learning process that is fun! cheers.

  3. #3

    Default Re: thinking if getting D7000.

    For better images, go for better lenses (and flash and flash modifiers), not camera body.

  4. #4

    Default Re: thinking if getting D7000.

    Coupled the Nikon D7000 with a Macro lens like Micro-Nikkor AF-S 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR and start your learning process. Enjoy!
    Look up for Photo Galleries Section on Macros and Close -ups in this forum, you will find many fellow photographer sharing their pictures, equipment use, skills & techniques, etc... or you can even join them for Macro shoot outings to learn more.

  5. #5

    Default Re: thinking of getting D7000.

    Quote Originally Posted by shrekguy View Post
    How is D7000? Good ? Bad? Will give me better macro shoot ?
    Lens do play a big part in macro shots, depth of field, also control of light into the DSLR.

    Camera body do affect the pictures taken, for example, if you prefer to shoot in a dark environment for fast moving objects, buy a body with higher ISO and better control of noise in ISO.
    Nikon D3s/D3000 / 70-200VR II F2.8 / 24-70 F2.8 / 70-300VR F4.5-5.6 / 18-55 F3.5-5.6 / SB-600 & 900

  6. #6
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: thinking of getting D7000.

    Camera body do and will play a part in the photo taken, that is a fact I cannot dispute. However what really matter is the techniques and skills involved.

    In macro photography there is a couple of things that are important

    1) Skills, techniques
    2) Lighting
    3) lens

    First and foremost is the correct techniques - such as how to hold your lens, how to compose for picture, how to keep a stabilise your camera, etc, etc. Secondly, control of lighting - this can be accomplish using external flashes (or even built in flash of the camera if you know how). And then it was the lens (dedicated macro lens - it came in many variety, such as the very popular 105mm Nikkor lens, 180mm, 90mm, 150mm, etc)

    There is a big section in this forum that is dedicated to macro techniques and equipment uses.

    Finally, like I previously replied to another of TS thread, any DSLR can take great macro shots - hack, even a entry level DSLR or even a point and shoot can take good macro shots. It is the skills and techniques and effort behind the camera that counts most.

  7. #7

    Default Re: thinking of getting D7000.

    Quote Originally Posted by shrekguy View Post
    How is D7000? Good ? Bad? Will give me better macro shoot ?
    Better than what? What is your current gear? if you already have a DSLR, then your limitation is almost definitely your lens.
    Alpha

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae

    Better than what? What is your current gear? if you already have a DSLR, then your limitation is almost definitely your lens.
    I using d5000 now

  9. #9
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: thinking of getting D7000.

    Quote Originally Posted by shrekguy View Post
    I using d5000 now
    Then, I would propose that you get a better lens, a tripod and external flash (ring flash and the likes).

    If you have all these and still was not able to get good macro photo, then maybe you should look to practice more, and perfect your techniques, rather than change into another body.

  10. #10

    Default Re: thinking of getting D7000.

    Quote Originally Posted by shrekguy View Post
    I using d5000 now
    D5000 with what macro lens? Just upgrading to a D7000 will do nothing for you if you don't have the right macro gear and skills.
    Alpha

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae

    D5000 with what macro lens? Just upgrading to a D7000 will do nothing for you if you don't have the right macro gear and skills.
    D5k with T90 and with raynox .

  12. #12

    Default Re: thinking of getting D7000.

    You already have the Tamron 90, so you have good gear. If you're not getting the effects you want, then your issue lies elsewhere, like lighting, etc. Best to read the FAQs in the macro section, and join some macro outings to get an idea of how to improve.
    Alpha

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae
    You already have the Tamron 90, so you have good gear. If you're not getting the effects you want, then your issue lies elsewhere, like lighting, etc. Best to read the FAQs in the macro section, and join some macro outings to get an idea of how to improve.
    I try to join next time if time can make it. Remember to ask me ok if have .. Thx

  14. #14

    Default Re: thinking of getting D7000.

    Quote Originally Posted by shrekguy View Post
    I try to join next time if time can make it. Remember to ask me ok if have .. Thx
    I'm going to Venus drive tmr morning, feel free to join if you are free.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spree86

    I'm going to Venus drive tmr morning, feel free to join if you are free.
    Wish too but working. Next time if sunday ba. Cos mostly week end no work. So I can.join u

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: thinking if getting D7000.

    Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    For better images, go for better lenses (and flash and flash modifiers), not camera body.
    i would say this is a too over-used and generalized quote. d7000 alone offer much better image quality especially at high ISO compared to all the older generation DX camera.

  17. #17
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: thinking if getting D7000.

    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    i would say this is a too over-used and generalized quote. d7000 alone offer much better image quality especially at high ISO compared to all the older generation DX camera.
    So... food for thought. A so-so photographer with a D7000 alone with basic lens, could take better macro photographs as compared to professional wildlife photographers who are specialised in macro photography and had spent years perfecting their skills and techniques but only using older generation DX camera?

  18. #18

    Default Re: thinking if getting D7000.

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    So... food for thought. A so-so photographer with a D7000 alone with basic lens, could take better macro photographs as compared to professional wildlife photographers who are specialised in macro photography and had spent years perfecting their skills and techniques but only using older generation DX camera?
    ExplorerZ was talking about image quality and not the picture itself, its 2 different things that we are talking about here.

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spree86

    ExplorerZ was talking about image quality and not the picture itself, its 2 different things that we are talking about here.
    I going for the image quality.and for skill I need more time

  20. #20

    Default Re: thinking of getting D7000.

    Quote Originally Posted by shrekguy View Post
    I going for the image quality.and for skill I need more time
    Don't worry about your gear, its definitely good enough. For one, it has a better sensor and newer technology than the D80 I used to shoot with. If my D80 photos turned out fine, I'm sure your D5000 photos will be as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •