Thread: I'm going esplanade at night. I need tips.

Default I'm going esplanade at night. I need tips.

Hi everyone,

I'm going esplanade at night..what if i wanted to shoot buildings like esplandae, fullerton ect.. what settings should i put and any good place to recommand where i can have good view.. =)

try to sneak up oriental hotel tennis court... can get a landscape of the back of the durian and the fullenton...

eh...u not only need tips...u need a tripod....for settings....shot on A mode?? somehow i always recommed that...haha

the viewing gallery at esplanade is great....from esplanade shoot city,,, from merlion side shoot esplanade....

U will need :
    1) A stable tripod
    *2) WA lens or adapter
    3) small aperture for DOF

Thats all I guess...there is 2 rows of tropical palm tree just outside esplande...I find it fun to shoot with long exposure with ppl walking ard...

Quote Originally Posted by rainman
    U will need :
    1) A stable tripod
    *2) WA lens or adapter
    3) small aperture for DOF

Thats all I guess...there is 2 rows of tropical palm tree just outside esplande...I find it fun to shoot with long exposure with ppl walking ard...
    I don't have WA lens...what is adapter...

Yep, use small apertures, f/16+ to get good DoF. Small apertures give you a starry effect on light sources. You'll definitely need a tripod, and a cable release or remote will also come in handy to prevent camera shake from pressing the shutter release. Once you have these, just compose your photo, and shoot

cheap alternatives to remote is using timer...lol

If you asked for "good spots", you are essentially duplicating what the others had seen before. Fine if that's what you want. Personally, I would rather go out there as if I don't know the place at all and interpretate it myself. Something to ponder on.

Same goes for camera settings. There is no absolute right or wrong.