Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394447484950 LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB *56* - You'll Never Walk Alone!! Com'on You REDS!!!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB *56* - You'll Never Walk Alone!! Com'on You REDS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    Maybe he goes there to coach English...
    most prolly once his contract ends... he will open tomyam cuisine in england
    “Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”-Bill Shankly

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB *56* - You'll Never Walk Alone!! Com'on You REDS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by koplady11 View Post
    They are!! But... can give me back after u use them? Hahahaha... For momento's sake. Lol!
    Which day you going? Tmr? And what time you planning to start queuing for the match on Sat?
    Ur hotel in that area ah? Scaryyyy. Me n family staying in Shah Alam instead and will be driving to the stadium although we noe traffic would be horrendous!
    tks, but 'fraid its too late to get the necessary leave.
    if anyone else is willing to return the tix afterwards, maybe u can let them have it..
    small price to pay.

try to drive somewhere where u can take the train in and out.
    the time saved can be better used charging back to sg for their session here!

will be there on fri, hope to be onsite after lunch on sat, looks like late or burger dinner.
    hopefully fans there not as mad as roadrunner here..
    last time the match here at 7:00pm, he morning 10am there liao!

any idea where players' appearances will be?
    otherwise muz go shopping [BORING]

can see that ahquall is in the squad.
    gerrard, suarez, reina, lucas, henderson out.
    anyone can provide a full list of the guys who'll be present?
    wanna familiarize with the faces (esp the reserves we dun see much of)

HUAT AH!!! mid week liao! its been a tough week so far!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by kuanwk View Post
    tks, but 'fraid its too late to get the necessary leave.
    if anyone else is willing to return the tix afterwards, maybe u can let them have it..
    small price to pay.

try to drive somewhere where u can take the train in and out.
    the time saved can be better used charging back to sg for their session here!

will be there on fri, hope to be onsite after lunch on sat, looks like late or burger dinner.
    hopefully fans there not as mad as roadrunner here..
    last time the match here at 7:00pm, he morning 10am there liao!

any idea where players' appearances will be?
    otherwise muz go shopping [BORING]

can see that ahquall is in the squad.
    gerrard, suarez, reina, lucas, henderson out.
    anyone can provide a full list of the guys who'll be present?
    wanna familiarize with the faces (esp the reserves we dun see much of)
    My family will be driving 2 cars on fri evening and reach our hotel at probably 1am sia. Damn tired! We have no time to do anything the next day except wake up for breakfast, rest a while more and lunch then start to q.

Have no idea actually for their public appearances. My KL relatives not very fanatic.. plus they're quite bz as well... So they don't really update me...
    If I have time, I can go makan a proper lunch sia. Shopping is boring. Hahaha...

Meireles was in China!!! He said that next season still at Liverpool. Dunno le...
    Canon EOS 500D | Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 non vc
    and the Kop sings, "You'll never walk alone"

Meireles was in China!!! He said that next season still at Liverpool. Dunno le...

Everyone wants to stick with us, they know good times are coming
    unfortunately, no one wants to buy our rubbish players

My family will be driving 2 cars on fri evening and reach our hotel at probably 1am sia. Damn tired! We have no time to do anything the next day except wake up for breakfast, rest a while more and lunch then start to q.

Have no idea actually for their public appearances. My KL relatives not very fanatic.. plus they're quite bz as well... So they don't really update me...
    If I have time, I can go makan a proper lunch sia. Shopping is boring. Hahaha...

have a safe trip, try 2 avoid the notorious fri jams..
    u shld have time for breakfast/lunch on matchday, not so sure abt dinner..
    kickoff 545pm or juz stadium admission??

meireles not in the team vs chinese..
    read wat u will into that
    where's sturtle too?

Liverpool: Gulacsi, Flanagan, Kelly, Carragher, Wilson, Poulsen, Spearing, Shelvey, Cole, Pacheco, Ngog. Subs: Jones, Hansen, Agger, Kyrgiakos, Robinson, Wisdom, Adam, Aquilani, Coady, Kuyt, Carroll.

Everyone wants to stick with us, they know good times are coming
    unfortunately, no one wants to buy our rubbish players
    not konchesky..
    altho it mite be a free gift thing, so u technically still correct..
    Konchesky sold to Leicester

Quote Originally Posted by kuanwk View Post
    have a safe trip, try 2 avoid the notorious fri jams..
    u shld have time for breakfast/lunch on matchday, not so sure abt dinner..
    kickoff 545pm or juz stadium admission??

meireles not in the team vs chinese..
    read wat u will into that
    where's sturtle too?

Liverpool: Gulacsi, Flanagan, Kelly, Carragher, Wilson, Poulsen, Spearing, Shelvey, Cole, Pacheco, Ngog. Subs: Jones, Hansen, Agger, Kyrgiakos, Robinson, Wisdom, Adam, Aquilani, Coady, Kuyt, Carroll.
    Oops! Father updated wrongly!!! But I really received a retweet saying Meireles clarifying that he is "going nowhere" despite uncertainty abt his futures.
    Canon EOS 500D | Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 non vc
    and the Kop sings, "You'll never walk alone"

Oops! Father updated wrongly!!! But I really received a retweet saying Meireles clarifying that he is "going nowhere" despite uncertainty abt his futures.
    saw him in the photos while they were doing the PR rounds.
    maybe its juz a small injury that kept him out..
    altho we could do with the $$, ppl off the wage bill, and a midfielder off the roster..

Liverpool eye Manchester City winger Adam Johnson
    by Pat McGatt. Published Tue 12 Jul 2011 16:15, Last updated: 2011-07-12

According to reports Liverpool are interested in Manchester City midfielder Adam Johnson.

It is understood that Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish’s first priority winger-wise is Aston Villa's Stewart Downing.

It is believed he is looking to land him this week.

However, the Daily Star Sunday claims that if a deal is unable to be completed for the Villa man, he will turn his attention to City winger Johnson.

Dalglish has also been keeping an eye on Valencia winger Juan Mata.

Liverpool's Conor Coady excels in China in absence of Steven Gerrard

His face was everywhere. Dominating the billboards, his photograph handed out like a religious artefact at the gates of the Tianhe Stadium, his name on approximately half the Liverpool shirts on the backs of Guangzhou's young middle class. It even appeared on a restaurant menu.

Yet Steven Gerrard was several thousand miles away, recuperating from the groin injury that largely prevented him coming to Roy Hodgson's rescue and from spearheading Liverpool's revival under Kenny Dalglish – the second most popular shirt on Guangzhou backs.

However, the most Gerrard-like goal of Liverpool's opening match of their brief Asian tour came from the boots of an 18-year-old, Conor Coady, whose shirt nobody was likely to be wearing in the seething humidity of a night by the Pearl River.

The 4-3 win over Guangdong Sunray Cave was a perfect tour game – no one was injured, there was plenty of entertainment and the hosts were not humiliated. However, the starting lineup featured many footballers even those Chinese fans who learned the lines to You'll Never Walk Alone – that dissolved into a chorus of Stand Up if You Hate Man U – would struggle to recognise. However, if Coady, a Merseysider who captained England to victory in the Under-17 European Championship, Jack Robinson and John Flanagan are Liverpool's future, they seemed to be working.

"There is no limit to what these young players can achieve when they are ready," said Dalglish who before he answered the call to salvage his most enduring sporting love, spent several years working with the club's academy at Kirkby.

"It wasn't just Conor, although he scored a terrific goal. There were a few of them out there, playing in very difficult conditions and they came through. We are very fortunate to have them and they are going to be with us for a very long time to come."

For all the shirts with Standard Chartered's name on them, for all the photographs of Gerrard, the Tianhe Stadium was at best half empty. Guangzhou has a population of 10 million and Liverpool, like Manchester United two years ago, are doing no more than scratching at the veneer. They had to wait until the second half for Andy Carroll – who directed one shot at the corner flag and scored with another – and Dirk Kuyt.

Even after a friendly Dalglish is not a man who tolerates any suggestion that his club is in any way deficient. Guangdong's manager, Cao Yang, had begun his post-match press conference by stating that Dalglish had been his idol. However, while adding that this was because it was their first game of a long pre-season, he mentioned that Liverpool's defence had been a "bit loose". When the phrase was quoted back at him, Dalglish retorted: "They were looser than we were. They conceded four."

He was puzzled by a suggestion that Carroll could have done with more support from the flanks, using the striker's excuse that he had scored a goal.

Charlie Adam's first match in a Liverpool shirt did not in any way compare to his final game for Blackpool, in which Ian Holloway's side were relegated with as much honour as the Premier League allows.

On Wednesday night he was given 45 minutes, produced one gorgeous trademark pass to Carroll but then contented himself with a few small steps.

"I have waited since January for Charlie and I am not going to put pressure on him in any way shape or form," Dalglish said. "He is here for the long term. We are certainly not going to put pressure on him or set him any targets."

braised meat sauce!!

Raul Meireles insists he’s staying at Liverpool FC

by Chris Beesley, Liverpool Echo
    Jul 13 2011

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liver...#ixzz1S1iRlimQ

RAUL MEIRELES has insisted that he will still be a Liverpool FC player next season despite speculation that the Portuguese international will be the man to make way in Kenny Dalglish’s new look midfield.

With Dalglish having splashed out over £20million on Jordan Henderson and Charlie Adam and competition for places from the likes of Supporters Player of the Year Lucas, promising youngster Jay Spearing and captain Steven Gerrard when he returns from injury, it had been suggested that Meireles could be moving on after just a single season at LFC.

Inter Milan have expressed an interest in the 28-year-old who is in China preparing for the Reds’ first pre-season friendly against Guangdong Sunray Cave today – but when asked if he would still be a Liverpool FC player this coming season, he declared: “Of course.”

The former Porto man is unlikely to be risked from the start against Chinese second division opposition given his recent ankle injury but he believes he is now over the worst.

He said: “I have a little problem with my ankle, but I’ve just start training. It’s a little problem.”

Another LFC player returning to fitness is record signing Andy Carroll and the £35million striker is hoping to show Reds fans his true worth in the forthcoming campaign after a stop-start career at Anfield so far following his January deadline day move from Newcastle United.

Carroll said: “It was disappointing since I signed being injured and getting myself back fit.

“Now I’m getting myself fit I’m looking forward to the start of season, which should be successful.”

Christian Poulsen offered Liverpool FC escape by FC Copenhagen
    by Richard Buxton. Published Wed 13 Jul 2011 16:25, Last updated: 2011-07-13

FC Copenhagen are set to offer Christian Poulsen an escape from Liverpool.

The midfielder opened the scoring for the Reds in today's 4-3 win over Guangdong, as part of their pre-season tour of Asia, but will still be deemed surplus to requirements at Anfield.

After enjoying two years with Copenhagen before joining Schalke in 2002, Poulsen could be in line for a return to the Danish capital with an offer of £2.5million currently being mooted.

The 31-year-old, who was signed by Roy Hodgson last summer, would become the second departure at Liverpool during the close season following Paul Konchesky's £1.5million move to Championship outfit Leicester City this morning.

Milan Jovanovic, another player that arrived during Hodgson's ill-fated spell as Kop boss, is also expected to make way with a return to Belgium looking a distinct possibility.

Striker David Ngog, who also scored in Guangdong, continues to attract interest from a handful of Premier League clubs after his proposed move to Sunderland fell through.

Liverpool remain hopeful of tying up a deal for Stewart Downing in the coming days but Aston Villa manager Alex McLeish has backed the winger to continue to prove an invaluable asset to the Midlands outfit if his prolonged move to Merseyside fails to materialise.

He said: "I spoke to Stewart, I told him I want him here and we don’t want to sell him.

"He’s a great professional. Since day one at training, he has worked his socks off.

"That’s a measure of him. There’s an obvious distraction there but he’s been a credit to himself.

"He’s applied himself and has been nothing but a gentleman."

BEER!!!

wah seh..we are signing many players...can get a new team of futsal liao..

STEWART DOWNING will complete a £20million switch to Liverpool from Aston Villa tomorrow.
    Source: www.thesun.co.uk

Villa had insisted Downing was not for sale. But the England winger met club officials today and submitted a written transfer request.

Downing made it clear he had his heart set on the move to Anfield.

Villa boss Alex McLeish will now be handed cash to buy Wigan's Charles N'Zogbia as a replacement.

The Villans rejected bids of £12m and £15m for Downing - but Kop boss Kenny Dalglish swayed them with a £20m offer.

Villa chief executive Paul Faulkner said: "We have reached an agreement with Liverpool after an improved offer and Stewart's formal transfer request.

"We believe there are replacements available who can strengthen our squad."

Downing is good, but 20 million......

hopefully downing stays injury free!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    hopefully downing stays injury free!
    can sign me for free..currently not injured..

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    can sign me for free..currently not injured..
    excuse me, how old are you?
    Want to sign, also sign Cheesecake and me first, we both 18 years old!

For a team not playing in CL, I think we have a solid lineup. Obviously, KD is planning for the long term.
    Certainly glad to see there is competition in almost every position. The youngsters look promising and I hope they give the seniors a run for their money.

Hopefully, the team start to gel ASAP and more importantly, get rid of all those rubbish take up space players.

excuse me, how old are you?
    Want to sign, also sign Cheesecake and me first, we both 18 years old!
    cc can pass medical or not?
    hear he run 24 steps pengsan liao!