Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 183338414243444548 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB *56* - You'll Never Walk Alone!! Com'on You REDS!!!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB *56* - You'll Never Walk Alone!! Com'on You REDS!!!

Liverpool in pole position for Barca ace
    24th Jun 2011

Liverpool are in pole position to sign Barcelona forward Jeffren Suarez after he ruled out a move to Udinese.

Jeffren, 23, has failed to establish a regular first-team place at the Nou Camp and is keen to show he can compete at the highest level.

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is reported to be interested in the Spanish Under-21 star as he looks to build a team who are capable of challenging for major silverware next season.

Udinese had been strongly linked with a move but the player's father, Efren, insists he will not play in Serie A and has opened the door for an English club to make their move.

Efren said: "Playing in Italy is not a good option for Jeffren. He has more attractive offers from Spain and England."
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB *56* - You'll Never Walk Alone!! Com'on You REDS!!!

Give Managers Contracts With Targets...

nice read!

sauce!

Rafa Benitez has earned quite a bit of money out of failure in recent years. And he's not the only one. Why don't clubs set targets for new bosses that could see them forfeit pay-offs?

Rafa Benitez's record at Inter Milan did not make for pleasant reading. In 39 games either side of his spell in charge, the club lost just three games. In his reign of 23 games, they lost seven times. The Spaniard was forced out of the club, presumably with hurt pride. But however lightened Rafa's ego, his wallet gained significantly in weight. It was reported that he gained a pay-off of approximately £5million, coming just six months after a £3-4million farewell handshake from Liverpool. And Benitez is far from alone. When Schteve McClaren left England under the 'Wally with the Brolly' tag, he did so with a cool £2.5million, despite his inability to guide England to a major tournament.

Closer to the present day, and Avram Grant refused to resign as West Ham manager. Whilst this might be portrayed as a stand of determination, and he has undoubtedly been treated lousily by Gold and Sullivan, it is possibly related to the reported £3million fee he received when pushed. Carlo Ancelotti, also removed from post after not matching the desires of the owner, did so with a £6.5million cushion.

The principles of such a system are found in reasonably basic employment law. Upon taking on a football manager role, you sign a contract. If you break the terms of that contract, you can be dismissed without pay-off. If you resign from your position, you gain no pay-off. But if the club wishes to relieve you of your duties, then they must pay up the full length of the contract. In reality, many managers negotiate a lower fee.

So the adage remains: money for old rope. And Grant's refusal to name the club directors who he believes have it in for him may not be the gallant stance it first appears. In doing so he may have broken the terms of his contract, and therefore not received a penny. Gianfranco Zola, his predecessor, was sacked for 'breach of contract' after declaring his opinion on David Sullivan's statement that "every player but Scott Parker is for sale".

These rules evidently allow for inequalities. When Tony Mowbray was sacked from Celtic in March 2010, it was reported that his pay-off would be around £1million. However, when Paul le Guen left Rangers just three years earlier, he walked away from the club due to his own poor performance and so did not receive his fee.

The illogicality of such a system is clear. If I was to consistently perform badly at my job (and unfortunately writing about football is not my permanent employment), then I would expect a P45 to land fairly swiftly on my desk. In terms of any extras, a clip around the ear would probably suffice.

In a cynical world, where is the drive and motivation for a manager to give 100% to his job? If they perform slightly below expectation, they will be fired, and the inevitable financial boost will follow (perhaps I am just being contemptuous about Billy Davies' silence since leaving Forest, but it makes you think). They can then take on another job and earn money from this contract. Clearly clubs are loathe to appoint unsuccessful managers - although Bryan Robson has managed five clubs - and the conspiracy theory above is unlikely to be repeated in practice. But the irrationality is obvious.

The only way in which this situation can be addressed is by altering the way in which contracts of managers are designed. Instead of being provided with an extraordinarily long deal (see Alan Pardew's appointment at the Toon), should managers not be motivated by clear targets or incentives?

For example, why could Avram Grant's contract not have stated that if the club spent eight consecutive weeks in the relegation zone, performances would be declared unacceptable and his position would be untenable? If this had been a contract requirement, a pay-off would surely not be needed?

The effect of this would be that clubs would think twice before appointing managers and create realistic ambitions for their clubs. If ambitions were set too high a manager would not sign, knowing he would be unlikely to receive a pay-off after being asked to leave.

Maybe I am being all misty-eyed and idealistic. I'm just saying it bothers me that a manager can earn approximately £8million in pay-offs for a year of underperformance when you or I can slave away at a desk, dreaming of such a role, and then be made redundant simply because funding no longer exists to continue that avenue of business. Now who's not with me on that?

Daniel Storey

They should have contract for players if the club is paying for medical treatment and they are not playing, they should not be paid or should not be paid their full salary. Think Stevie G, 80k a week, out for so many months, saves us loads of moolah

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    They should have contract for players if the club is paying for medical treatment and they are not playing, they should not be paid or should not be paid their full salary. Think Stevie G, 80k a week, out for so many months, saves us loads of moolah
    think stevie g's best years are way behind him liao.

if this season he still fail to reproduce the kind of solid form, i think he can look towards to be replace.

Wish it's man u...it would be a perfect way to start the season by beating them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    think we can start the season with a convincing home win against sunderland!

Adam set to agree personal terms – Downing and Mata latest

Friday, 24th June 2011

Charlie Adam is set to sign for Liverpool this weekend after Damien Comolli and Blackpool owner Karl Oyston concluded a deal last night.

Liverpool are expecting to confirm the signing of the Blackpool skipper this weekend, with Adam travelling to Merseyside to agree personal terms on Saturday.

Comolli, Liverpool’s director of football, and Oyston concluded talks yesterday resulting in a deal which seems to be all but done.

The Anfield outfit will pay Blackpool £8.5million plus add-ons for the Scot, who joined the now Championship side from Rangers in 2009.

Liverpool made a £7million bid for Adam in the January transfer window, after the midfielder requested a transfer away from Bloomfield Road, only for it to be rejected.

Meanwhile, the Reds are still agreeing a fee with Aston Villa over winger Stewart Downing.

The Midlands club want up to £17million for the ex-Middlesbrough player, with Liverpool’s initial bid of £13million being declined.

Liverpool are also in talks with Valencia about Juan Mata, 23, but face stiff competition from Barcelona and Manchester City.

The Spanish side want around £23million for the winger, however the Reds have not yet tabled a bid, with Mata due to return on Monday from the European Under-21 championships in Denmark and then decide his future.

Link: http://lfcglobe.com/adam-set-to-agre...#ixzz1QLF0Qtm3

KENNY DALGLISH BACK TO SPLASH £28M ON LIVERPOOL

KENNY DALGLISH returns from his summer break this week ready, willing and able to sanction a £28million spending spree.

Kenny Dalglish's first deal will be for Blackpool star Charlie Adam, 25, who is on the verge of completing an £8m move to Anfield in the next 48 hours.

And then the Liverpool boss will switch his attention to Aston Villa’s Stewart Downing, 26, who is desperate to be a Kop hero.

Dalglish is anxious to tie up the deal quickly, although Villa are haggling over the price for the England winger.

They want £20m, which is £4m more than the Kop giants want to pay.

The two clubs will reach a compromise in the next few days but Liverpool fear they will have to stump up the full asking price.

Downing is refusing to extend his contract, which has two years to run, and his arrival at Anfield now seems to be a case of when and not if.

Adam was heartbroken that a £7m Liverpool bid was rejected by Blackpool at the end of a crazy January transfer window.

But now relegation to the Championship has forced the Seasiders’ hand and they are resigned to losing the Scotland star, two years after he signed from Rangers for £500,000.

Liverpool’s director of football Damien Comolli has held talks with Blackpool chairman Karl Oyston to finalise the deal.

But Villa’s new boss Alex McLeish, who worked with Adam at Rangers, hasn’t given hope of a last-ditch hijack attempt.

Liverpool have been linked with a £5m move for Ryad Boudebouz, 21, after failing with a January bid.

But the Algeria attacking midfielder says he would be happy to spend another season with Sochaux.

Liverpool plot shock £20m move for Spurs star

Published 23:59 25/06/11 By Dave Kidd

Liverpool want to sign Aaron Lennon from Tottenham – but the England winger’s ticket to ride will cost at least £20million.

Once the Stewart Downing switch from Aston Villa is completed, Anfield transfer fixer Damien Comolli will turn his *attention to Lennon, who plays wide right.

But Comolli knows his old Spurs *chairman Daniel Levy will play hardball over the price.

Raul Meireles ready to depart from Anfield

Duncan Castles
    Jun 26, 2011

currysauce!

Raul Meireles is ready to leave Liverpool after the club's new ownership reneged on an informal agreement to improve his contract. The versatile Portugal midfielder, signed from FC Porto for an initial £11.5million (Dh67.4m) last summer, has been offered overseas for around £13 million.

Voted the PFA Fans' Player of the Year following a season in which he was central to Liverpool's revival under Kenny Dalglish, the 28 year old feels he has been misled by the club. Such was Meireles' desire to play Premier League football last August that he accepted a relatively low salary at Anfield to facilitate the move. There was, however, an express understanding that those terms would be revised if Meireles performed well for the club.

Meireles subsequently started 32 of Liverpool's Premier League fixtures, scoring five times when taking on an unfamiliar role as an attacking midfielder. Attempts to open discussions about the promised contract with Liverpool's new owners Fenway Sports Group, though, proved fruitless and last week Meireles was informed that he was for sale.

As The National revealed last week, Juventus have already moved for Meireles, offering a choice of Brazil international Felipe Melo or former Anfield midfielder Mohamed Sissoko (NOOOOO!!!!!!) in exchange. Liverpool are uninterested in either player, and asked Juve to make a straight cash offer instead.

Dalglish's stance on Meireles emphasises the manager's intention to reshape Liverpool around domestic talent. Having recruited Jordan Henderson for an initial £16m, the Scot is confident of concluding deals for Aston Villa winger Stewart Downing and Blackpool playmaker Charlie Adam before the month ends.

Downing has stated his intention not to extend a contract at Villa, which is entering its penultimate year. The England international is understood to have already agreed personal terms with Liverpool, who also expect to secure Adam for an initial £8m.

"Raul is really not happy because they are paying big money for players from other sides," said a friend. "He loves the city and had a fantastic season there, but he thinks Liverpool do not see him as an important player."
    Last edited by Cheesecake; 26th June 2011 at 09:48 AM.

Liverpool linked with Lennon

Liverpool are reportedly ready to test Tottenham's resolve with a big-money offer for England winger Aaron Lennon.

Last Updated: 26/06/11 at 12:04

Tottenham have already turned down a bid for one of their star players, Luka Modric, this summer and reports on Sunday claim another of their key men, Lennon, is a target for Liverpool.

The Reds have already spent big money on Jordan Henderson and look set to further strengthen their midfield with the capture of Stewart Downing from Aston Villa.

Blackpool's Charlie Adam is also a target for Kenny Dalglish, and it is now being reported that Lennon is also on the Scot's wishlist.

Spurs are keen to hold on to all of their star players this summer and are under no pressure to sell Lennon, who has three years left on his contract at White Hart Lane.

However, The People claims Liverpool will test the north Londoner's resolve with a bid of £15million, but the News of the World says the 24-year-old could cost upwards of £20million.

Harry Redknapp, meanwhile, has admitted he does have to sell before he can buy.

He said: "There is nothing happening in the transfer market.

"I need to sell four or five players to bring in funds.

"The chairman has made it clear we need to move a few players before we can start doing any business.

"I keep seeing us linked with this player and that, but unless we reduce our squad numbers we will stay quiet in the market."

Agent claims Sissoko talks
    June 26, 2011

Toulouse midfielder Moussa Sissoko is in negotiations with Lyon, Liverpool, Newcastle and Inter Milan, according to his agent.

France international Sissoko, 21, was linked with a number of high-profile clubs last summer but said he was happy to remain at Toulouse.

However, he revealed in March that he was ready to move on, and agent Bacary Sanogo has revealed talks are taking place with a number of clubs around the continent.

"The link with Lyon is serious, but it is not the only one," Sanogo told Goal.com. "There are also negotiations with Liverpool, Newcastle and Inter. Things should seriously move next week."

He added: "His priority is a club with a major sporting project, but it will not pose a problem to Moussa [to remain with Toulouse]."

Toulouse are said to be demanding €15 million for Sissoko.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    Liverpool plot shock £20m move for Spurs star

Published 23:59 25/06/11 By Dave Kidd

Liverpool want to sign Aaron Lennon from Tottenham – but the England winger’s ticket to ride will cost at least £20million.

Once the Stewart Downing switch from Aston Villa is completed, Anfield transfer fixer Damien Comolli will turn his *attention to Lennon, who plays wide right.

But Comolli knows his old Spurs *chairman Daniel Levy will play hardball over the price.

I hope Liverpool can pull this stunt off !

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmore View Post
    I hope Liverpool can pull this stunt off !
    Dunno how true and not so sure about Lennon, he seem a shadow of his past...
    but good to see LFC in the market and associated with many "big" names and very happy to see that our moves and rumours upset and rattle others

Dunno how true and not so sure about Lennon, he seem a shadow of his past...
    but good to see LFC in the market and associated with many "big" names and very happy to see that our moves and rumours upset and rattle others
    Since McManaman, Liverpool hasn't got that natural winger to terrorize opponents down the flank.

It is about time Liverpool go for some speedsters.

In any case, I think FSG are damn shrew business ppl. Every player that is associated with Man U, Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool has one leg in there too. But eventually, they end up buying some other player. Wonder if they in to ka jiao the bidding and divert their attention while they work on players whom they are really keen.

Since McManaman, Liverpool hasn't got that natural winger to terrorize opponents down the flank.

In any case, I think FSG are damn shrew business ppl. Every player that is associated with Man U, Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool has one leg in there too. But eventually, they end up buying some other player. Wonder if they in to ka jiao the bidding and divert their attention while they work on players whom they are really keen.
    Anyone saw the LFC Masters played against EPL All Star last night on ESPN?

Despite losing, good to see Macca and Folwer combine again, their chemistry still demm solid. Nice to see so many ex-players : Henchoz, Berger, Smicer, Mark Wright, Rob Jones etc

Basket, that rubbish Phil Babb still as rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy

Anyone saw the LFC Masters played against EPL All Star last night on ESPN?

Despite losing, good to see Macca and Folwer combine again, their chemistry still demm solid. Nice to see so many ex-players : Henchoz, Berger, Smicer, Mark Wright, Rob Jones etc

nostalgic. ive aged! finally 18 tis yr! haha!

we did have the speedsters 1yr..
    undernei-yiba-yiba speedy gonzales on the left, pennant on the right..
    didnt work.
    mickey ouchwen was pretty fast, but got his league medal kicking his heels 4 manure instead of chasing the wind..

on the transfer front, its more like ppl try to kajiao us than the other way round..

u can dun like him, but he is still to be respected..
    until i see a video of u full speed sliding tackle until ur family jewels ram the goal post..
    nevermind if still could not prevent the goal..

Quote Originally Posted by kuanwk View Post

u can dun like him, but he is still to be respected..
    until i see a video of u full speed sliding tackle until ur family jewels ram the goal post..
    nevermind if still could not prevent the goal..

tat one is RESPECT. wahahahahaha

Reina rejects Atletico talk

Liverpool goalkeeper Jose Reina has moved quickly to reject rumours linking him with a switch to Spanish outfit Atletico Madrid.

Last Updated: 27/06/11

BRAISED Chicken SAUCE!!

The Primera Liga outfit are set to find themselves without a first-choice goalkeeper once David de Gea completes his proposed move to Manchester United.

The youngster arrived in England on Monday to undergo a medical and is close to putting the finishing touches to a big-money transfer.

Speculation has already begun to circulate regarding who may be drafted in by Atletico as his replacement.

Liverpool number one Reina has been touted as a possible candidate, after spending the last six years away from his homeland.

The Reds ace has given short shrift to the rumours, though, by insisting that he remains fully committed to the Anfield cause.

He told La Gaceta: "I know Atletico are looking for a goalkeeper, but I won't be changing colours.

"I have a five-year contract and I'm happy at Liverpool."

Reina will come into direct competition with De Gea next season and he believes the 20-year-old will be a resounding success at Old Trafford.

He said: "I very much welcome this news because David is a great keeper.

"When it becomes official he is going to start working to prove in the Premier League what a good goalkeeper he is."

€15m French international confirms Liverpool talks

Liverpool 'in negotiations' over Moussa Sissoko
    By Mark Bollons June 26, 2011

Liverpool are in negotiations with Toulouse over midfielder Moussa Sissoko.

The French international has been linked with a handful of sides across Europe, with Ligue 1 rivals Lyon confirmed as serious contenders for the player's signature.

However, agent Bacary Sanogo has revealed that a number of clubs are interested in securing the 21-year-old's signature.

"The link with Lyon is serious, but it is not the only one," Sanogo told Goal.com.

"There are also negotiations with Liverpool, Newcastle and Inter. Things should seriously move next week. His priority is a club with a major sporting project, but it will not pose a problem to Moussa [to remain with Toulouse]."

Sissoko claimed in March that he would consider moving on this summer, and Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is known to have been monitoring the player.

The Scot has already spent £20 million on midfield reinforcements in the transfer window, with Jordan Henderson moving to Anfield a fortnight ago.

Working alongside Damien Comolli, director of football at Liverpool, Dalglish is thought to have a wish list of players including a left back, winger and striker.

Backed financially by American owners Fenway Sports Group, the Reds have been linked with a plethora of players and Sissoko is another on the Liverpool radar.

Goal.com claim that the French outfit want €15 million for the player.
    Last edited by Cheesecake; 28th June 2011 at 07:05 AM.

Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 183338414243444548 ... LastLast