Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153035383940414245 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB *56* - You'll Never Walk Alone!! Com'on You REDS!!!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB *56* - You'll Never Walk Alone!! Com'on You REDS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    u forgot krptonite and ulcer!
    alamak!!! really alot!!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB *56* - You'll Never Walk Alone!! Com'on You REDS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    alamak!!! really alot!!!!

I forgot conchowski.
    And maxi bra is in the same group too
    Last edited by grumpy; 13th June 2011 at 07:07 PM.

Hey u all! Who's going for the KL match? Somehow by last min decision, i'm going. Just bought the tix from adidas at suntec.
    Canon EOS 500D | Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 non vc
    and the Kop sings, "You'll never walk alone"

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    I forgot conchowski.
    And maxi bra is in the same group too
    cannot get rid all lah..
    wait cc's "investments" lose value..

Quote Originally Posted by koplady11 View Post
    Hey u all! Who's going for the KL match? Somehow by last min decision, i'm going. Just bought the tix from adidas at suntec.
    pls see link (if it doesnt work, its somewhere down the kopitiam page)
    humtum the last fella while u're at it..
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threa...uala-Lumpur%21

btw, do they have training session tix for purchase in sg?
    Last edited by kuanwk; 13th June 2011 at 11:27 PM.

Blackpool chairman confirms Liverpool are in talks to sign Charlie Adam

Karl Oyston admits holding discussions over the transfer of his star player but has denied reports of an offer being lodged for the midfielder by the Merseyside giants

By Shane Farrington
    14 Jun 2011 16:33:00

Blackpool chairman Karl Oyston has confirmed the club has held “preliminary discussions” with Liverpool over the sale of Charlie Adam.

Adam looks destined to leave the Seasiders following their relegation on the final day of the season and Oyston has admitted Premier League clubs have been in discussions.

Asked whether Liverpool had made an offer, Oyston told The Gazette: “We’ve had a few very preliminary discussions and enquiries but nothing of any substance so there really is nothing to report at this stage about interest from anyone.”

The Scotland international has been strongly linked with a move to Liverpool and Aston Villa in recent days.

“We’ve had a few discussions this summer but nothing conclusive so really there is nothing to report,” he added.

“Are the reports wide of the mark? I’m sure that football clubs have talks with lots of players all summer that they probably shouldn’t do.

“I’m sure that goes on. If January is anything to go by that is certainly the case.

“It is always difficult [when speculation starts].”

sauce!

Revealed: The unlucky 13 costing Liverpool £30m-a-year that Kenny must somehow ship out

Kenny Dalglish's summer spending spree will hinge on his ability to cut some serious dead wood at Anfield.

The Liverpool manager is hoping to bring in four or five new faces during the transfer window, at a cost of £50million-plus.

But while the Reds' American owners have sanctioned a bold move by the club in the market in a serious attempt to gatecrash the Premier League top four next season, they have also made clear the axe must be taken to a top-heavy squad.

Dalglish has as many as 13 players who are surplus to requirements at Anfield... at a staggering cost of more than £600,000 a week in wages.

That equates to more than £30m a year being paid to players who were either out on loan last season, or cast to the furthest fringes of the first team squad with barely a hope of seeing some action.

Principal owner John Henry and chairman Tom Werner have already expressed their incredulity at the obscene level of wages paid to players such as Milan Jovanovic and Joe Cole, who were barely able to the make the match day squad last season.

That pair alone command more than £200,000 a week in wages, and with fringe player Maxi Rodriguez - who will be surplus to requirements when Stewart Downing arrives this summer - also on wages thought to be around £100,000 a week, it means huge sums were spent on three players who were brought in on free transfers.

But it gets worse for Dalglish...

He must also try to persuade more than six players who were sent out on loan last season to leave the club - and their massive wages - behind.

Chief among those is Alberto Aquilani, who arrived two summers ago in a much-trumpeted deal from Roma, but failed spectacularly to justify wages of more than £80,000 a week.

Aquilani has just spent the entire season on loan at Juventus, but the Italian club are baulking at paying his massive salary - and even a fraction of the £20million fee he cost Liverpool.

Another free-transfer signing who consequently commanded big wages was Philipp Degen, who will arrive back at Anfield this summer after a year on loan at Stuttgart.

Nabil El Zhar and Emilano Insua are two more from the Rafa Benitez era who were farmed out on loan last season, but there is more recent dead wood than that duo, with some of Roy Hodgson's more disastrous signings also banished from Anfield.

Paul Konchesky and Brad Jones will be sold this summer, if Dalglish can find buyers, but again their inflated Premier League wages will be a problem as he looks to offload.

The Reds boss also wants to rid himself of the injury-prone duo of Daniel Agger and Fabio Aurelio, neither of whom made any serious contribution to the Liverpool squad last season because of their frailty.

With the club looking to sell striker David Ngog and midfielder Christian Poulsen - who again disappeared from view after arriving in the summer of 2010 - it means Dalglish has a major headache as he looks to strengthen his squad in the summer.

If he can rid himself of the unlucky 13 then he will free up massive funds in wages alone... and also raise perhaps £25m to spend on targets including Downing, Scotland international Charlie Adam, Birmingham's Scott Dann and Ipswich wonder-kid striker Connor Wickham.

He has already captured England international Jordan Henderson from Sunderland for £20m and unsuccessfully bid in excess of that for Blackburn's Phil Jones, so the canny Scot knows he will need to work as effectively in the sales department as the purchasing side if he is to enjoy a successful summer.

So far, there have been few nibbles relating to the 13 players in the shop window, with only Ngog the subject of any bid, from Sunderland, although Agger has attracted some clubs in Spain and Italy and Aurelio could move back to Brazil.

Cole is interesting Tottenham, and Poulsen could move back to his native Denmark, while the Reds are feverishly working to make the loan deals for Aquilani, Degan, El Zhar, Jones, Konchesky and Insua permanent.

Jovanovic is the biggest headache.

His massive salary will not be matched by any club, and it will require a big payment just to get him off the wage bill.

Maxi too, will not find a club at his current wages, but Liverpool will look to sell because they can't justify such a massive salary for a player who will now be a squad member at best.

Dalglish, of course, is not to blame for the current problems at Anfield, but it has fallen to him to sort out the massive headache caused by the distinctly un-Liverpool like situation of having three managers in six months.

There is a silver-lining, though.

If he can ship out the majority of the unlucky 13, Dalglish knows he will have the transfer funds - and, crucially, the wages - to attract some of the exciting young talent he sees as the future of the club alongside his signings, Andy Carroll, Luis Suarez and Henderson.

braised meat sauce!

Maxi tells Liverpool he wants out - and Meireles could go too!

Maxi Rodriguez will lead the summer exodus from Anfield, after admitting he wants a return to his Pampas homeland.

The Argentina star is one of 13 players Liverpool are looking to offload in the transfer window as they try desperately to cut dead wood , and with it some massively inefficient salary spending.

But it could be a player from outside the hit-list identified by boss Kenny Dalglish who is next to follow Rodriguez out of the door, with Raul Meireles a shock potential departure.

Liverpool currently pay more than £500,000 a week in wages to players who were out on loan last season, or barely featured in the first team, and are keen to cut that wasteful spending.

Rodriguez is certainly on that list, with a salary of nearly £90,000 a week, and the club will definitely not stand in his way, as he revealed yesterday he wants to rejoin Newell’s Old Boys, the club where he first made his name.

The Argie international admitted Old Boys have made an approach, and it is clear he is hoping for a pay-off to return home immediately.

“When I left Argentina, I knew I was coming back. President Guillermo Lorente called me and I said yes,? he revealed. “Now it depends on the contract I have in Liverpool - maybe that can be loosened a little.”

Liverpool most certainly won't stand in his way. He will be at best a squad player next season, with the Reds lining up Stewart Downing to operate in Maxi's left wing position.

And to spend almost £5million a year in wages on a fringe player is unthinkable, given the club is not in the Champions League.

The stumbling block will be those wages, with Old Boys in no position to meet them.

It will mean Liverpool paying Rodriguez to go, but the Anfield board are likely to look to the long-term and rid themselves of a massive expense.

And the planned raid for Charlie Adam to operate alongside recent signing Jordan Henderson could also persuade them to allow Meireles to leave, even though that would shock many Liverpool fans.

Meireles was the only real success from last summer’s buys, after a £12m switch from Porto, but Inter Milan are interested.

The chance to play in the centre of Inter's midfield, instead of wider on the flanks - where Adam will also operate - would appeal to the Portugal international.

Meanwhile, Liverpool are determined to take advantage of the chaos at Birmingham City by rushing through a deal for Scott Dann.

Arsenal also want the promising centre-back, but he was born on Merseyside and is a boyhood Red so is likely to be swayed by that loyalty - despite the offer of Champions League football from the Gunners.

Managerless Birmingham's owners may be persuaded to cash in on the defender if they receive an £8m offer, which Dalglish could table within the next few days.

Meanwhile, the Anfield board may find another of their proposed moves less popular with the Reds support though, as news broke yesterday their new third kit could be BLUE!

A design leaked yesterday suggests the change strip will be blue and white, with three blue stripes - which could incense Everton-phobic fans.

New LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB third kit!

swee boh?

blue n white... reminds me of everlose! kekekeke

Prefer red n white!

Quote Originally Posted by coolsigg
    Prefer red n white!
    kekeke maybe can buy tis 3rd kit. could b a collector's in future.

The blue looks like mansillyAddidas fail big time on this kit

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy
    The blue looks like mansillyAddidas fail big time on this kit
    quite alot fans upset w blue.

Quote Originally Posted by kuanwk View Post
    pls see link (if it doesnt work, its somewhere down the kopitiam page)
    humtum the last fella while u're at it..
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threa...uala-Lumpur%21

btw, do they have training session tix for purchase in sg?
    The tix in Sg comes with training pass as well. SIAN. None of us can take leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wanna sell, but the pass looks too pretty.
    Canon EOS 500D | Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 non vc
    and the Kop sings, "You'll never walk alone"

Quote Originally Posted by koplady11 View Post
    The tix in Sg comes with training pass as well. SIAN. None of us can take leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wanna sell, but the pass looks too pretty.
    wah so wasteful, if u not using, can i have them?
    can return u the stub after the event as memento

wat's with the blue on the new 3rd kit that they're trying to pass off as "black and cyan and anything but blue"
    cc, show them some colors fr ur inventory!

Quote Originally Posted by kuanwk

wah so wasteful, if u not using, can i have them?
    can return u the stub after the event as memento

wat's with the blue on the new 3rd kit that they're trying to pass off as "black and cyan and anything but blue"
    cc, show them some colors fr ur inventory!
    i only haf black, red, biege, orange, yellow, white g-strings frm maggie q, elva hsiao n paige. nothing close to blue! keke

Member/Tangshooter

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    kekeke maybe can buy tis 3rd kit. could b a collector's in future.
    i'm abit lost..so now the home kit is red, away kit black, 3rd kit white???
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    i'm abit lost..so now the home kit is red, away kit black, 3rd kit white???
    ya lor... think still got training kit!

WOODGATE AND VIEIRA AMONG RELEASED

Posted 16/06/11 09:28

Jonathan Woodgate and Patrick Vieira are on a list of 123 footballers released by Premier League clubs this summer.

Woodgate will now have to decide whether he retires from football after making just 49 Premier League appearances in three-and-a-half years at Tottenham due to a succession of injuries.

Vieira is the other highest-profile name on the list as Manchester City opt against offering him a new contract after just four Premier League starts last season.

Here is a complete list of the players released by their clubs this summer...

ARSENAL
    Thomas Cruise, Roarie Deacon, Mark Randall.

ASTON VILLA
    Durrell Berry, John Carew, Ellis Deeney, Calum Flanagan, Harry Forrester, Arsenio Halfhuid, Isaiah Osbourne, Robert Pires, Nigel Reo-Coker, Moustapha Salifou

BIRMINGHAM CITY
    Marcus Bent, Lee Bowyer, Sebastian Larsson, James McFadden, Mitchell McPike, James O'Shea, Stuart Parnaby, Kevin Phillips, Daniel Preston, Luke Rowe, Robin Shroot, Maik Taylor.

BLACKBURN ROVERS
    Jordan Bowen, Jason Brown, Zurab Khizanishvili, Benjani Mwaruwari, Michael Potts, Maceo Rigters.

BLACKPOOL
    David Carney, Daniel Coid, Ishmel Demontagnac, Rob Edwards, Jason Euell, Marlon Harewood, Richard Kingson, Malaury Martin, Paul Rachubka, Andy Reid, Salaheddine Sbai.

BOLTON WANDERERS
    Tamir Cohen, Johan Elmander, Ricardo Gardner, Joey O'Brien, Jlloyd Samuel, Samuel Sheridan.

CHELSEA
    Samuel Hutchinson, Carl Magnay, Danny Philliskirk, Jan Sebek, Michael Woods.

EVERTON
    Kieran Agard, Hope Akpan, Nathan Craig, Gerard Kinsella, Lee McArdle, Iain Turner.

FULHAM
    Zoltan Gera, Edward Johnson, Diomansy Kamara, John Pantsil, Matthew Saunders.

LIVERPOOL
    Jason Banton, Deale Chamberlain, Douglas Cooper, Sean Highdale, Steven Irwin, Nikola Saric.

MANCHESTER CITY
    Javier Garrido, Scott Kay, James Poole, Shaleum Logan, Andrew Tutte, Javan Vidal, Patrick Vieira, James Wood.

MANCHESTER UNITED
    Conor Devlin, Owen Hargreaves, Gary Neville, Paul Scholes, Edwin van der Sar.

NEWCASTLE UNITED
    Sol Campbell, Shefki Kuqi, Patrick McLaughlin.

STOKE CITY
    Abdoulaye Faye, Eidur Gudjohnsen, Ibrahima Sonko.

SUNDERLAND
    Michael Kay, Nathan Luscombe, Daniel Madden, Robert Weir, Nathan Wilson, Mvoto Jean-Yves, Bolo Zenden.

TOTTENHAM
    Jonathan Woodgate.

WEST BROM
    Giles Barnes, Marcus Haber, Dean Kiely, Abdoulaye Méîté.

WEST HAM
    Anthony Edgar, Holmar Eyjolfsson, Daniel Gabbidon, Lars Jacobsen, Filip Modelski, Jonathan Spector, Adam Street, Matthew Upson.

WIGAN ATHLETIC
    Steven Caldwell, Daniel De Ridder, Joseph Holt, Jason Koumas, Thomas Lambert, Thomas Oakes, Francis Pollitt, Abian Serrano Davila.

WOLVES
    Adriano Basso, Jody Craddock, John Dunleavy, Marcus Hahnemann, David Jones, Nathan Rooney.

Very disappointed with the 3rd kit. Thinking that this is the last Adidas kit and this is what they produce

Some history lesson of all pass LFC Home and away kits.

Home

Away
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153035383940414245 ... LastLast