Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12273235363738394247 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB *56* - You'll Never Walk Alone!! Com'on You REDS!!!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB *56* - You'll Never Walk Alone!! Com'on You REDS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean View Post
    Official sauce

Reds agree Henderson deal

Liverpool have agreed a deal to sign Sunderland midfielder Jordan Henderson.

The 20-year-old will today discuss personal terms and undergo a medical on Merseyside after a fee was agreed between the two clubs.

happy to see the back of NoGoal but this guy jordan is a big gamble!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Member/Tangshooter

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB *56* - You'll Never Walk Alone!! Com'on You REDS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    happy to see the back of NoGoal but this guy jordan is a big gamble!!!
    Me thought so..the name Jordan maybe only popular in NBA! lol
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz

Me thought so..the name Jordan maybe only popular in NBA! lol
    keke! kekeke!

This Jordan Henderson is central midfielder right?

We need a solid center back plus some good wingers.

The Peanuts Gossip
    Posted 08/06/11 08:47

WHO NEXT FOR LIVERPOOL?

With the Jordan Henderson deal pretty much done and dusted, who will be arriving at Liverpool next?

Well, having bought one central midfielder they don't really need, it seems they're sniffing around another. The Guardian reports that King Kenny is still keen on Charlie Adam, and will be making an offer henceforth.

The paper claims: 'With Blackpool having been relegated from the Premier League on the final day of the season, Liverpool will resurrect their interest in the 25-year-old, who was also the subject of a bid from Tottenham Hotspur in January. Liverpool are expected to return with an offer in the region of £8m. Adam has made it clear he wants to remain in the Premier League and would relish a move to Anfield.'

Of course he would.

Meanwhile, The Daily Telegraph backs up The Guardian's theory and adds a few more names to the list. Actually, the names aren't really new, but here's the summary anyway:

'Liverpool's shock and awe approach to the transfer market will lead the club to lodge bids for both Blackpool captain Charlie Adam and Aston Villa winger Stewart Downing after completing a £20 million deal for Sunderland's Jordan Henderson...

'The Liverpool manager, along with Comolli and the club's owners, Fenway Sports Group, are keen to infuse the club's squad with young, native talent, leading to moves for Henderson, Phil Jones of Blackburn and Ipswich striker Connor Wickham, but exceptions will be made for both Adam, 25, and Downing, 26, as well as Newcastle's Spanish left back, Jose Enrique, and Roma's Brazilian goalkeeper Doni.

'The Anfield side have also been linked with a move for the Barcelona winger Jeffren Suarez, who has just a year left on his contract at Camp Nou.'

AND, The Daily Mail reports: 'Liverpool are weighing up a move for left backs Nacho Monreal, 25, of Osasuna or Lyon's Aly Cissokho, 23, each at £9million.'

There you go. Despite our mocking of the fees paid, if Liverpool can really pull all that off, they will certainly have an impressive squad.

Who wants to be the first to say it's going to be their year?

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    This Jordan Henderson is central midfielder right?

We need a solid center back plus some good wingers.
    think King Kenny is keen to sign even more!

think King Kenny is keen to sign even more!

Letting everyone chop our carrot...
    Basket, spend some money on me lah!

Letting everyone chop our carrot...
    Basket, spend some money on me lah!
    errr... pls dun scare us. u offer 'special' service like the manCircle utd clowns' players? hahahahahahahaha

LIVERPOOL

What they need

Liverpool fans may disagree - they usually do - but they primarily need a left-back, cover at centre-half, at least one winger and a striker. They probably don't need three new central midfielders but we're not expecting that to stop the Dalglish/Comolli combination. Priority must be to build a left side - playing Glen Johnson out of position at left-back is not the long-term answer and Paul Konchesky is not the any-term answer. Whether Dalglish intends to play a 4-4-2, 4-3-3 or more likely a 4-2-3-1, he is definitely missing genuine pace, width and delivery for the noggin of Andy Carroll. And back-up for when the noggin of Andy Carroll is unavailable.

Do they have any money?
    Any club that can spend £35m on Carroll and £13m (plus David Ngog) on Jordan Henderson has got money. A transfer policy of 'young and British' is an expensive transfer policy for any club in 2011. They've spent a massive amount already (cue rabid postings about 'net spend' and how Kenny has actually only spent £4.62) and there's clearly more to come. This is a very, very interesting summer to be a Liverpool fan - no European football means they're not shopping from the world-class shelf, but they appear to have an awful lot to splurge on promising Premier League players.

What's been said
    "The better the business, the more successful the club is going to be. If you do good business, you've more chance of being successful. That just doesn't mean buying players and letting players go, it's about developing what else you have. This summer is going to be very important, not just for Liverpool Football Club, but every football club" - Kenny Dalglish.

"We've always spent money we've generated rather than deficit-spending and that will be the case in Liverpool" - John W Henry.

What they will probably get
    Jordan Henderson is on his way, Connor Wickham is likely to follow, and there are probably three or four more names (Scott Dann? Charlie Adam? Stewart Downing?) to add to that list. They will mostly be under the age of 26, they will mostly be British and they will mostly cost an awful lot of money. Attracting non-British players may prove a bigger problem and the likes of Eden Hazard, Juan Mata and Jeffren Suarez will surely follow the Champions League trail. Those kind of signings may have to wait for another, brighter day - but that day will not be long in coming if Liverpool follow through with their plan to buy anything young, British and promising, whatever the price.

Sarah Winterburm

errr... pls dun scare us. u offer 'special' service like the manCircle utd clowns' players? hahahahahahahaha

I can be Kopi kia for King Kenny! Wash his car also can.

"speshow" service, we leave it to the man circle clowns, they are the beatest in the world

"speshow" service, we leave it to the man circle clowns, they are the beatest in the world
    kekeke but they recently lost some fans to barca. wahahahahahahahhaa

multimillion pound kopi kia, no speshow svc, mana boleh?!
    at v least, u shld subcon those clowns to provide e labor..

think we kena con by bruce, he's gonna turn e $ over 2 saf for his transfer usage..
    but on e bright side, dun have 2 see nogoal in kl..
    speaking of which, is cc gonna show up there with his prized belongings?

*edit* rats, nogoal still ard for now..
    Last edited by kuanwk; 9th June 2011 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kuanwk View Post
    multimillion pound kopi kia, no speshow svc, mana boleh?!
    at v least, u shld subcon those clowns to provide e labor..

think we kena con by bruce, he's gonna turn e $ over 2 saf for his transfer usage..
    but on e bright side, dun have 2 see nogoal in kl..
    speaking of which, is cc gonna show up there with his prized belongings?

*edit* rats, nogoal still ard for now..
    seems that NoGoal is not keen to move the other direction?

for now we fork out 16mil GBP for henderson.

Liverpool news
    Deal for Henderson is completed
    June 9, 2011

Liverpool have confirmed on Thursday evening that Jordan Henderson has completed his big-money move from Sunderland.

The Anfield club have reportedly negotiated a £16 million fee for the England midfielder, who made his international debut during the recent Premier League campaign.

A statement on the Reds' official website reads: "Liverpool Football Club have completed the signing of Jordan Henderson after the 20-year-old passed a medical and agreed personal terms.

"Henderson travelled to Merseyside on Wednesday after a fee was agreed with Sunderland. He then underwent a medical examination in Liverpool before signing a long-term deal.

"The midfielder has now joined the England U21 squad in Denmark as they prepare for the European Championships." News of David N'Gog's transfer in the opposite direction, worth a reported £7 million, is yet to be confirmed.

Henderson told Liverpool's website: "I'm over the moon, overjoyed to be here and I'm really looking forward to it. I was flattered to know Liverpool were interested in me and, once I knew, it was a massive decision for me to make but also a massive opportunity.

"Obviously it's hard to leave your local club. I'm a Sunderland lad, I've supported them all my life. But I'm really looking forward to the future now and obviously this is a massive opportunity for me. I'm really excited by it."

A statement on Sunderland's official website added: "Liverpool have signed Sunderland midfielder Jordan Henderson for an undisclosed fee. The 20-year-old travelled to the Merseyside club's Melwood training ground on Wednesday to discuss terms and undergo a medical after the two clubs agreed a substantial fee.

"All the relevant paperwork has now been completed and Henderson, who is currently away on international duty with England's under-21 side, has penned a 'long-term' deal at Anfield."

June 9th, 2011 22:44

Liverpool in £5million bid for Arsenal’s Clichy

flip prata sauce!

Liverpool have made a £5million bid for Arsenal full-back Gaël Clichy.

The left-back position is a weak spot for the Reds, with youngster Jack Robinson coming through and Fabio Aurelio riddled with a succession of injuries.

Clichy, 25, has just one year left on his contract at the Emirates and could be available at a cut price with Arsenal bringing through Kieron Gibbs to the first team.

Clichy rejected Arsenal‘s offer of a contract extension recently and has been linked with several European clubs.

Liverpool have also been linked with a move for Newcastle’s Jose Enrique with former Reds captain Phil Thompson claiming a deal was done and dusted.

Asked about why he rejected LFC and AFC, Phil Jones said "If I wanted my career to continue with no trophies I'd just stay at Blackburn''

with this one sentence, he offended fans from blackburn and LFC.

good luck at manCircle utd clowns but their best moment were all but over!

oops, his proposed move to the clowns hit a snag. wahahahahahhahaha! think he LLST, can no longer stay at blackburn. see which other club wanna sign him.
    Last edited by Cheesecake; 10th June 2011 at 07:04 AM.

Comolli explains N’gog latest

curry sauce!!

Liverpool FC Director of Football says David N’gog has been given permission to speak to Sunderland about a potential move to the Stadium of Light.

It had been reported that N’gog was offered as part of the deal to bring 20-year-old midfielder Jordan Henderson to Anfield, but Comolli says N’gog’s transfer is separate.

After confirming Henderson’s arrival at the club, Comolli told the club’s official website, “Sunderland have had a strong interest in David, so we’ve agreed to let David speak to Sunderland about his future to see if he’s interested in going there. They’ve expressed a strong interest, so we’ll see what’s next for him. “

Breaking Reports: Liverpool Agree fee for England U-21 Wickham
    Leave a Comment

Posted by Darryl Goodchild on June 9, 2011

salty mayo sauce!

We have on good advice that Liverpool have agreed a fee with Ipswich for England U21 striker Connor Wickham. The 18-year-old who is currently away at the European U21s tournament has been tracked by the Anfield club for sometime.

It is not sure if personal terms and a medical will take place before or after Wickham returns from International duty.

This deal, once completed, will only further confirm that David Ngog is likely to be sold by the Reds, it was previously believed that the French youngster would move to Sunderland as part of the Jordan Henderson deal, however, this might not be the case.

With Wickham and Henderson joining the likes of Kelly, Shelvey, Robinson, Flanagan, Spearing and co, Dalglish is showing signs of building a young British team full of potential stars.

The fee for Wickham is believed to be around £8m-£10m.

Best of British

Skysports.com look at a possible alternative for Liverpool having lost out on landing Jones

Last Updated: June 9, 2011 3:16pm

The current trend in the transfer market is for young English talent to be sold at premium prices, with transfers involving Jordan Henderson and Phil Jones thought to have cost Liverpool and Manchester United £20million and £16million respectively.

With Liverpool having also broken the British transfer record in January to acquire Andy Carroll for £35million, it's fair to say Kenny Dalglish has set his stall out to add a Home Nations spine to his side.

Not for first time in his career he went head-to-head with Sir Alex Ferguson in pursuit of Jones, but the young Blackburn centre-half opted for Old Trafford over Anfield.

Reports emanating from various Merseyside sources have intimated Birmingham City's Scott Dann has emerged as a viable alternative to Jones, with Dalglish known to be an admirer of the 24-year-old.

Dann is keen to prolong his Premier League career in light of Birmingham's relegation, with the boyhood Liverpool fan thought to be keen to link-up with Dalglish.

Here, in conjunction with Opta, we look at the man Liverpool missed out on and compare him with a player they may turn to as an alternative.

for a complete list of the stats, please click here to view at the origiginal article.

June 9th, 2011 13:28 UK

Liverpool turn attentions to Connor Wickham?

After the arrival of midfielder Jordan Henderson on Merseyside yesterday, Liverpool look set to act quickly in regards to their second aquisition of the summer.

Instead of replicating years gone by where valuable time has been wasted in the transfer window and opportunities for players gone missing, it seems Damien Comolli and his team are eager to press ahead in the transfer market this year.

Speculation is mounting that the next arrival at Anfield could be 18-year-old Ipswich striker Connor Wickham.

Wickham – another hot prospect in English football – is thought to be on the verge of a move to Anfield in a deal worth a total of £9million.

Wickham, along with Henderson, is included in the England Under-21 squad for the forthcoming European Championships in Denmark.

England’s campaign gets underway this Sunday evening against Spain in the group stage.

curry sauce!!!