Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 56

Thread: Help Needed!!!

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra

    I think you need to think about how you can diffuse/spread the light more evenly.
    Can consult with macro photographers, who have become very adept at modifying everyday items (eg. cup noodle container, etc) and use them as diffusers
    Haha go daiso and buy the plastic chopping sheet and you will have a great diffuser, this is proven by many senior macro shooters

  2. #22

    Default Re: Help Needed!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Haha go daiso and buy the plastic chopping sheet and you will have a great diffuser, this is proven by many senior macro shooters
    how come so familiar, below $10 DIY.... but produce excellent results...
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akerue

    how come so familiar, below $10 DIY.... but produce excellent results...
    Haha the design of the chopping board is catching on now cos it works so well. Especially when sandwiched between the daiso foam

  4. #24
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Help Needed!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Haha the design of the chopping board is catching on now cos it works so well. Especially when sandwiched between the daiso foam
    Yes. It was being 'advertised' by Adrian aka DaddyBear during Saturday's sunrise outing.
    [no, he wasn't using it to shoot landscapes]

    Only goes to show that having good understanding goes a long way
    Exploring! :)

  5. #25

    Default Re: Help Needed!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Yes. It was being 'advertised' by Adrian aka DaddyBear during Saturday's sunrise outing.
    [no, he wasn't using it to shoot landscapes]

    Only goes to show that having good understanding goes a long way
    Haha Adrian got to know it from Victor, in fact almost all of us did It's now officially known as the Victor diffuser haha!!

  6. #26

    Default Re: Help Needed!!!

    18-105mm sounds awesome.. perhaps i'll get that... but do u think i can get more of the depth of field effect with that lens... the background blurish effect?? :P

    and oh ya... since im getting that lens is it better to get a lens hood too??? What useful is it good for?

    as for the external flash.. ill hold it first...

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeM
    18-105mm sounds awesome.. perhaps i'll get that... but do u think i can get more of the depth of field effect with that lens... the background blurish effect?? :P

    and oh ya... since im getting that lens is it better to get a lens hood too??? What useful is it good for?

    as for the external flash.. ill hold it first...
    Usually nikon and most third party lenses comes with a lens hood, it helps reduce flares caused by stray lights hitting your lens elements.

  8. #28

    Default Re: Help Needed!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeM View Post
    and oh ya... since im getting that lens is it better to get a lens hood too??? What useful is it good for?
    .
    1) protect your expensive lens
    2) looks more cool!

  9. #29
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Help Needed!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeM View Post
    18-105mm sounds awesome.. perhaps i'll get that... but do u think i can get more of the depth of field effect with that lens... the background blurish effect?? :P

    and oh ya... since im getting that lens is it better to get a lens hood too??? What useful is it good for?

    as for the external flash.. ill hold it first...
    You can get decently thin depth of field with the 18-105VR lens, when using the longer focal lengths (eg. 90-105mm) and standing fairly close to subject.
    With such a narrow angle of view, shooting portraits would likely restrict you to 'head and shoulder'-type shots in reasonably good lighting (max aperture f/5.6 mah...)

    This lens comes with a lens hood.
    Exploring! :)

  10. #30

    Default Re: Help Needed!!!

    So would u guys recommend me to get that lens as it suits my requirements? 18-105mm

    so to conclude, higher f-number = better blurish effect to be obtained.

    maybe ill get a 2nd hand flash... but im not sure what to look for leh... ah yo... maybe i get my uncle friend to get it for me... :P

  11. #31

    Default Re: Help Needed!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeM View Post
    So would u guys recommend me to get that lens as it suits my requirements? 18-105mm

    so to conclude, higher f-number = better blurish effect to be obtained.

    maybe ill get a 2nd hand flash... but im not sure what to look for leh... ah yo... maybe i get my uncle friend to get it for me... :P
    No. Higher f number = smaller aperture = lesser background blur (if other factors remain the same, of course)

  12. #32

    Default Re: Help Needed!!!

    to obtain good/nice/creamy bokeh ... sensor and aperture size is impt.

    when I pair d7000 with 35mm f1.8G ... i get quite nice bokeh.
    when i pair d700 with 50mm f1.4G ... immediately, i can see a difference in bokeh liao.

  13. #33
    Deregistered tweakmax2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    198

    Default Re: Help Needed!!!

    u should pair D700 w f1.8g for a fairer comparison

  14. #34

    Default Re: Help Needed!!!

    hmm... so... soo sooo...... to conclude this for me... the lens that im gonnna get has reached my requirements right? 18-105mm with bokeh possibly?

    and i've looked at the flash liao.. sb-600 seems to be quite awesome... i'm wondering whether sb-800 is possibly to be bought at local Singapore shops? if it is hw much is it gonna cost???

    the sb-900 is 700+ what about th sb-800?? and if i get a sb-600 second hand model what do i look for and hw much is it?

  15. #35

    Default Re: Help Needed!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeM View Post
    hmm... so... soo sooo...... to conclude this for me... the lens that im gonnna get has reached my requirements right? 18-105mm with bokeh possibly?

    and i've looked at the flash liao.. sb-600 seems to be quite awesome... i'm wondering whether sb-800 is possibly to be bought at local Singapore shops? if it is hw much is it gonna cost???

    the sb-900 is 700+ what about th sb-800?? and if i get a sb-600 second hand model what do i look for and hw much is it?
    SB-800 is already discontinued for some time, you might not be able to find a new one and $700+ for a SB-900? Which shop you got the quote from?

  16. #36
    Member cirenaiht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    188

    Default Re: Help Needed!!!

    You could try primes? 35mm/1.8 or 50mm/1.8 will do..
    great lenses with great price..

  17. #37

    Default Re: Help Needed!!!

    hehe i got the price from nikon websites... but i've seen the price guide shown by one of the forumer has quite a big difference worh...

    like the 18-105mm was quoted to be 599 but the price on the guide is like 100 cheaper... why is it so?

  18. #38

    Default Re: Help Needed!!!

    hmm... I think its better for me to stick with nikon lens since im just a beginner bah

  19. #39

    Default Re: Help Needed!!!

    18-105mm cost not more than $300 in BnS.

    You should consider to start off with 1 or 2 prime first ... like 35mm f1.8 and 85mm f1.8.
    Flash you can consider Nissim 622 ... selling $190 brand new.

  20. #40

    Default Re: Help Needed!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeM View Post
    hehe i got the price from nikon websites... but i've seen the price guide shown by one of the forumer has quite a big difference worh...

    like the 18-105mm was quoted to be 599 but the price on the guide is like 100 cheaper... why is it so?
    What you saw was the RRP (recommended retail price), however, the price in the shops outside is usually significantly lower.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •