Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Li Jia Wei is in to the semis!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGoi
    Susilo, Li Jia Wei and the other Singaporean Olympians did their best ... we ought to be proud of their achievements!

Well done!

Seconded!!

Btw watching the loud Korean getting thrashed now by Zhang, great game of attacking.

Default Yah lor

I think she did quite ok overall.

Singapore too desperate for medals already lah, thus the enormous pressure on our athletics.

But what I saw on Channelnewasia irked me.

They had this headlines:

LATEST: LI JIAWEI LOSES TO BRONZE MEDAL MATCH

Why can't they say something like:

"Kim Hyung Mi[or whatever the Korean player's name was] wins Bronze Medal Match."

Must emphasise so much on the loss meh...

Quote Originally Posted by acetylcholine
    i feel she really blew it this time. somehow i feel her performace this time pales in comparison to yesterday's
    once again, to a certain level, u must admit that its the stress level that weighed her down tremendously. just imagine, the one and only MEDAL at stake, the LAST ONE.... if i were there, i would already be wetting my pants looking at them play... cannot be blamed lar this kind of thing... psychological mah...

Quote Originally Posted by Devache
    I think she did quite ok overall.

Singapore too desperate for medals already lah, thus the enormous pressure on our athletics.

But what I saw on Channelnewasia irked me.

They had this headlines:

LATEST: LI JIAWEI LOSES TO BRONZE MEDAL MATCH

Why can't they say something like:

"Kim Hyung Mi[or whatever the Korean player's name was] wins Bronze Medal Match."

Must emphasise so much on the loss meh...

yeah. i agree. see? media pressure....STRESS.... i tell u ah... CNA must kenna beat ah... must be more encouraging mah...

i agree on the stress part, frankly speaking the media also kiam pah...put so much stress on her too.....

will MITA fine the media BIG time please?

Default No

I doubt they will.

What I do think is disappointing is that CNA is supposed to be a new agency with INTERNATIONAL appeal.

I mean, think CNN and BBC.

You should be reporting facts.

And not one liners that are only relevant to Singaporeans, we have Channel 5 for that.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456