Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Li Jia Wei is in to the semis!!!!

well done to Jia Wei, let's hope she can get the bronze tomolo.

Quote Originally Posted by LimCB
    With 500k dangling in front of the player, there's bound to be pressure. The government should just let the players enjoy the game and stop using $ to spur them. One performs best when one is enjoying the game.
    Of course, same can be said about the Korean winner, but then she's only promised FOOD if she wins.
    no lah, I think the stress level too high, even I feel the pressure watching her play. hope she can put aside this and go for bronze tomolo.

The korean player is pretty fast and mentally strong. But Jia Wei gave her a good fight. Hope she can still win a bronze.

Quote Originally Posted by acetylcholine
    i was thinking abt the sg coach...bloody rude. who is he to shoot his mouth off ?

back to the korean, i felt like slapping her with HER racket...then shove the ball down her throat...

oh dear...i am getting violent
    hahahaha... no doubt abt the korean player... when she score ah, she would shout damn loud to boost her morale and intimidate jiawei, one point which i think affected jiawei very much.... she sometimes also stare at jiawei during the game until her eyes wanna come out los.... kaoz....

then i think during the 3rd game or 4th she smash jiawei damn hard delibrately lors..... but she apologised by giving a hand signal to jiawei... dunnoe lar... quite true ah, this kind of competition really need nerves or steel man... hahaha.... well done jiawei!!!

Well.... IMO, she did not have that mental strength as much as the Korean (despite at times, she seems to be able to pull herself back from those lost points). It was there for her to take with 2 games on hand. However, she got affected, lost concentration and the Korean won in the end. But I have to say this... I nearly would love to throttle that Korean gal... Kept shouting, even just before each serve whether it is her serving or not!!!! Damn irritating... Perhaps that's her ploy!!!! So I guess Jia Wei was cool in this sense - I still think she might be affected by this as well, just a little.

By the way... If she is not enjoying her game, she will not be able to be up there with competiting with the best day in and out... If you are a competitive person, you will want to win, with or without any incentive.... So, $$$ is just an additional incentive.

I do hope she will do better tmr... With her ability, she can do... Just whether she can recover from this game and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by jonlou
    hahahaha... no doubt abt the korean player... when she score ah, she would shout damn loud to boost her morale and intimidate jiawei, one point which i think affected jiawei very much.... she sometimes also stare at jiawei during the game until her eyes wanna come out los.... kaoz....
    Maybe she release stress this way, seen alot of atheletics does this.I was just wondering throughout the match if jiawei imitate her shouting it would be lolx,damn funny but it won't happen.i just woke up from a dream that is.

I didn't catch the match..I heard jia wei lost..but still she have chance for bronze!! What was the score for semi's? And when will be the match where she fight for bronze?

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingpig
    I didn't catch the match..I heard jia wei lost..but still she have chance for bronze!! What was the score for semi's? And when will be the match where she fight for bronze?
    4 games to 3.... tomolo 6pm for bronze. GO JIAWEI GO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81
    Maybe she release stress this way, seen alot of atheletics does this.I was just wondering throughout the match if jiawei imitate her shouting it would be lolx,damn funny but it won't happen.i just woke up from a dream that is.
    haiyo... jiawei win right, she only "yosh" or something mah... that korean releases her stress the loudest soooo far lor IMO.... lol!! dunnoe wat she shouting also leh....

Quote Originally Posted by acetylcholine
    i was thinking abt the sg coach...bloody rude. who is he to shoot his mouth off ?

back to the korean, i felt like slapping her with HER racket...then shove the ball down her throat...

oh dear...i am getting violent
    i feel like going into the tv and also giving the koren a tight slap, so noisy, irriated my bus ride!

I wonder why no one from Jiawei's bench taught her to chant back at the korean singaporean way.
    They could have asked her to shout also, phrases that is close to our hearts eg: Before serving, shout, 'HOR LI SI'. iF lose point, 'KNN', IF gain point, 'HO SEI LEOW', and what the !@#$, the s'porean supporters besides Jia yu, should go for : Ai pia ka a eyah'.

Quote Originally Posted by E1g3
    eg: Before serving, shout, 'HOR LI SI'. iF lose point, 'KNN', IF gain point, 'HO SEI LEOW', and what the !@#$, the s'porean supporters besides Jia yu, should go for : Ai pia ka a eyah'.

LOLROTF....

Too bad, she lost already

The korean was really good at defending play.

Bronze no more liow

think there was just too much pressure for her...sigh
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

Let's wait another 4 more years
    Jerfotography Nikon D300
    Power by iMac MBP iPhone 6+ iPad Air

it was a FANTASTIC achievement by fighting thru and all the way to the third placing game. jiawei, u did SINGAPORE PROUD. we all u!

i feel she really blew it this time. somehow i feel her performace this time pales in comparison to yesterday's

Susilo, Li Jia Wei and the other Singaporean Olympians did their best ... we ought to be proud of their achievements!

Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by E1g3
    I wonder why no one from Jiawei's bench taught her to chant back at the korean singaporean way.
    They could have asked her to shout also, phrases that is close to our hearts eg: Before serving, shout, 'HOR LI SI'. iF lose point, 'KNN', IF gain point, 'HO SEI LEOW', and what the !@#$, the s'porean supporters besides Jia yu, should go for : Ai pia ka a eyah'.

They had perform very well! Though Jia wei didn't win the match, as she is our last hope, oh well gonna wait for another 4years

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast