Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Li Jia Wei is in to the semis!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by engineermunn
    All the best to Zaren too.
    thx bro.... i like her fighting spirit... she has got heart, desire and focus....

Jiawei for the GOLD!!!

you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Watched Jiawei played too in her game against the Japanese, very proud of her "coolness". Her japanese counterpart was also grunting away...i think her coolness may undo her opponents. Go go Singapore!

By the way, my friend who used to swim competively shared with me the stress of being a swimmer as a hairline difference can separate the winner from the loser...also the high level of stress can be really unbearable. Somemore swimming is not won in sets of games. Once you've lost you can't make up for it. It's different for ball games like table tennis. So please support our swim team and cut them some slack please .

Just my 2 cents worth...

Any idea when the semi-final will be played?
    Jerfotography Nikon D300
    Power by iMac MBP iPhone 6+ iPad Air

Quote Originally Posted by Jer
    Any idea when the semi-final will be played?
    Saturday, 21st Aug 5pm on Channel 5 & 8

Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryless

Wah! this kind of timing. Mati mati must rush home to watch
    Jerfotography Nikon D300
    Power by iMac MBP iPhone 6+ iPad Air

go jiawei!!! I remember wang nan writing off singaporeans last time. keke, makes this victory all the more sweet.

Belle&Sebastian:

are u thinking what i'm thinking? I realised that an irritating Man is not in CS anymore but a new out has jus emerged?

BTW i caught this morning's match by Li Jiawei, she really did us proud..

kudos to her...
    yup!

GO FOR GOLD JIAWEI!

ch5 says 4pm. but there may be a match preview, i dunno.

i sure hope she does not get too happy abt being this close. not that i am trying to douse everyone's spirits but this is how i see it. when susilo beat a top seed( cant remember the details of that match) , i feel that the chinese player probably felt he was playing a player ranked much lower than him, so he got yaya and lost to susilo. then susilo again won a big german player(hence less mobile, agile) so it got into this head...so he lost to a thai boy(as my lecturer put it)

so by beating WN, the only hope is that she keeps her aggressive fighting spirit on the korean( looks powerful) and not get too get away with her win over a top seed.

I wish her all the best for today's match... man i really hope she can win

Quote Originally Posted by acetylcholine
    i sure hope she does not get too happy abt being this close. not that i am trying to douse everyone's spirits but this is how i see it. when susilo beat a top seed( cant remember the details of that match) , i feel that the chinese player probably felt he was playing a player ranked much lower than him, so he got yaya and lost to susilo. then susilo again won a big german player(hence less mobile, agile) so it got into this head...so he lost to a thai boy(as my lecturer put it)

so by beating WN, the only hope is that she keeps her aggressive fighting spirit on the korean( looks powerful) and not get too get away with her win over a top seed.

I believe she'll "take revenge" for her fellow paddler who lost to this korean earlier.

From her post match interview, can see that she's very focus and show little emotion on winning the match against wang nan.

Hope to see her in the Finals.

Watched both the matches played by Jia Wei and Xue Ling yesterday.

Find that the korean in Xue Ling's match (who is Jia Wei's opponent today) very 'kao bei'...feel like asking her to 'diam'. It's a psychological tactic...hope Jia Wei can remain cool and compose in this match.

We are behind you, Jia Wei!!!

i believe this match (besides those who are aganist it) brings the country together..

bet everyone will be watching the match at 5pm. that bugger(cameraman) at athens better make sure his stuff is working or there will be alot of ppl waiting to screw him
    heheh

jia wei is leading with one game. but things are not looking good for her for the second one... she's takin the korean's smashes very well... GO JIAWEI GO!

JIAWEI LEADING 3RD GAME 5-0!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jonlou
    JIAWEI LEADING 3RD GAME 5-0!!!!
    8-0!!!!

OMG!!!! 11 STRAIGHT POINTS FOR THE 3RD GAME!!!!!!!

time out by korean in 4th game. current score 7-6 with jiawei trailing. if she continues like that no doubt singapore will get its first olympic medal in 44 years....

SHE DID IT! 11-8!!! SHE TOOK THE 4TH GAME!!!!!!!! SHE'S LEADING 3-1!!!!! 1 MORE GAME TO AT LEAST A SILVER MEDAL!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO JIAWEI! !!!!

the korean took the 5th game. 11-8... nvm... we still LOVE U JIAWEI!!! :cheergirl:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast