Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Li Jia Wei is in to the semis!!!!

Aiyo.....this way also can hah? There is nothing wrong with supporting foriegn talents. Anyway Li Jia Wei came to Singapore quite early stage. So I applaud her for performing well. Even if she does not get a medal. it does not really matters.

Monetary maybe an issue to some but if the Goverment has decided to reward their hardwork, would anyone dare to go against the GOVERMENT? Try telling that to the Goverment about "how about the homeless and needy people. I think the Goverment had already done what they need to do. There is always reserve funds for the sports people to enjoy the benefits for their hard work.

Imagine working so hard for this event and have an opportunity to compete with the world's best with millions of viewers watching you. And it's four years once. Sporting people only have the opportunity to compete until a certain age (for Li Jia Wei she will be 27 in the 2008 Olympics and if she is still is competing in the 2012 she will be 31) Table tennis requires fast reflex and by 31, somehow your reflex will slowed down a little.

So what do they do after retiring? Not much besides coaching the young talents. And the salary they earn is not that great as well. So this incentive rewards is good for them as they can venture into other industry later when they retired.

Incentive rewards is not solely 100% contribution from the Govement only.Sponsors have a share in their contribution to the reward as well. Our Goverment is not so stupid using tax payers money to reward those sportsman and woman. Trust me on this. Besides, it's not that we send 1,000 sportmen and women to compete and guarateed return of gold, silver and bronze. It's only a couple of us. Now she is the only one with an opportunity to bring the good old glory days.

We have many sports people in Singapore as well but not all are talented. Bringing in foriegn talent and learning from them will make us better sportmen and women for future competitions.

The most important thing in an Olympics event is all about sportsmanship and bringing all nations together. To some medals are everything but to some it's all about human spirit living together as one nation. No race nor religion can tear them apart. This is what is all about.

Thanks and GO GO GO LI JIA WEI!

Yah,

Again going by the odds, it seems like it is very likely that Jiawei can get a medal at least as the korean player is No. 40 and she is No. 8 and she just beat No. 2 off her chair. But going by Susilo's case, nobody can be too sure and we do not want to put unnecessary pressure on her.

But seeing her performance, she is really very cool so I really hope she can stay that way and get us a medal!

All the best to Li Jiawei!

I didn't like Kim Myung Hi... her play was okay, but what i couldn't stand was her endless grunting and shouting. Call it sports psychology or any other name, but it got me quite irritated even as a TV spectator!
    Someone shold shut her up, or Li Jiawei can grunt louder! Yes, louder the better!
    I think Zhang Xueling was visibly disturbed by Kim's taunting. It may not have been in a language that is understood, but Kim really know how to use psychology to break her opponent's concentration.

i predict a GOLD medal for Li Jiawei....

you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Quote Originally Posted by zaren

All the best to Zaren too.

Quote Originally Posted by mervlam
    oh..... what does MF imply??

watch your words!
    Err... Medium Format??
    Hahaha!

Btw, yeah! Good job Li Jia Wei!

Quote Originally Posted by zaren

It's possible but let's not pressurize her in case she read this thread. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryless
    He is not being sacarstic for no reason. He's just living up to his name.

Your parents did a great job in coming out with ya name
    this one just made my day.

MF?? manual focus ah?
    "I want to have the best camera in the world and shoot XMMs."

congrats and all the best jiawei!!! i think at least a bronze lar... got confidence...

Quote Originally Posted by y0ngcheng
    this one just made my day.

MF?? manual focus ah?

made my too!

MF = master fotocrafter

Quote Originally Posted by LimCB
    Yea great news. If she wins another game or 2, it'll be 0.5mil to 1 mil of taxpayer's money down the pipe for a stupid medal. Could have gone to some desperate old folks needing the next major surgery or another homeless kid needing another home or an education.
    Please win, please.
    do you need to change your nick ever so few months and irritate some ppl along the way?

i be the first to say, blast off!

Quote Originally Posted by LimCB
    Leave my parents out,MF.
    I guess you're refering to Manual Focus?

Why are you directing ya message to me when i didn't even state any names?

Weird

Belle&Sebastian:

are u thinking what i'm thinking? I realised that an irritating Man is not in CS anymore but a new out has jus emerged?

BTW i caught this morning's match by Li Jiawei, she really did us proud..

kudos to her...
    Last edited by ordinaryless; 20th August 2004 at 07:22 PM.

i also watched this match.. and zhang xue ling one.. i agree the korean very irritating.. i thot is xueling shouting away at 1st...

i think jia wei got form now.. hope she continues to her form and bring us at least silver! jia you.. revenge on behalf of zhang xueling..

Quote Originally Posted by Zplus
    Err... Medium Format??
    Hahaha!

Btw, yeah! Good job Li Jia Wei!

mine got MF 1 and MF 2, Fine and Normal also.
    So which one is it??

Just can't stand this kind of ppl. Sort of trying to demoralising our ppl.

Whatever happens, Singapore Team are in Greece to represent us and i'll gladly give them all my support!

repeat telecast on channel 5 now, just started.

jiawei very offensive!!

Looks like this thread will close very soon..........Very obvious someone is trying to be funny. Anyway.......................

GO JIAWEI GO JIAWEI GO! GO! GO!

Lightbulb

Yeah! Managed to catch it just now.. well done Jia Wei!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast