Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lens for Nikon D5000

Default Re: Lens for Nikon D5000

Quote Originally Posted by nice1888 View Post
    Can the older Ais lenses got the ability to make-out-focus areas appear softer by strategically introducing spherical aberration to just the defocused areas?
    They can't, that is why they are not "special".

What make you think that AiS lenses are more easier to MF?
    Hmm, what I can think of is the focusing ring. The two lenses I've mentioned built with a generously broad manualfocusing ring, so I don't see any manualfocusing lose-out to AiS lenses.
    Furthermore, if TS upgrade to a Camera Body with built-in autofocus motor in the future. He got a choice for Auto or Manual focusing, doesn't it better?
    yes those DC lenses are great, but u r missing the point. DC lenses are still pretty expensive even when they can onli be found in 2nd hand markets. what the TS wants is a cheap lens good for subject isolation and giving a nice bokeh.

Quote Originally Posted by adidasyeo View Post
    Hi everyone!

i am planning to get a cheap and good special purpose lens (bokeh effect)
    Pls enlight me on which is suitable for Nikon D5000! Thanks!
    Google is your friend. Make use of it.

Can the older Ais lenses got the ability to make-out-focus areas appear softer by strategically introducing spherical aberration to just the defocused areas?
    They can't, that is why they are not "special".

What make you think that AiS lenses are more easier to MF?
    Hmm, what I can think of is the focusing ring. The two lenses I've mentioned built with a generously broad manualfocusing ring, so I don't see any manualfocusing lose-out to AiS lenses.
    Furthermore, if TS upgrade to a Camera Body with built-in autofocus motor in the future. He got a choice for Auto or Manual focusing, doesn't it better?
    Haha its just a suggestion, when it comes to saving cost, its a good way isn't it? No need to get so defensive bro

Quote Originally Posted by Irvine View Post
    yes those DC lenses are great, but u r missing the point. DC lenses are still pretty expensive even when they can onli be found in 2nd hand markets. what the TS wants is a cheap lens good for subject isolation and giving a nice bokeh.
    You're missing a point, TS is looking for a "good special purpose lens (bokeh effect)". Only DC lenses are consider "special" in my own opinion.
    What is cheap lens? If TS got only S$100 budget, even a Nikkor AF 50mm f/1.8 still consider expensive to him. Or if TS got S$3000 budget, DC lenses will consider cheap to him.

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Haha its just a suggestion, when it comes to saving cost, its a good way isn't it? No need to get so defensive bro
    Sorry bro if I my words sound defensive.
    I will be more careful next time. Cheers

You're missing a point, TS is looking for a "good special purpose lens (bokeh effect)". Only DC lenses are consider "special" in my own opinion.
    What is cheap lens? If TS got only S$100 budget, even a Nikkor AF 50mm f/1.8 still consider expensive to him. Or if TS got S$3000 budget, DC lenses will consider cheap to him.
    considering that he is a newbie, i believe that he find lenses capable of doing subject isolation are already "special". cheap lens can also equate to a lens that can be pretty affordable to the masses and with bang for the buck performance. since we dont know his budget, but judging only by the camera he owns which is a d5000, do u tink he will find the DC lenses cheap?

Quote Originally Posted by Irvine View Post
    considering that he is a newbie, i believe that he find lenses capable of doing subject isolation are already "special". cheap lens can also equate to a lens that can be pretty affordable to the masses and with bang for the buck performance. since we dont know his budget, but judging only by the camera he owns which is a d5000, do u tink he will find the DC lenses cheap?
    You consider he is newbie. Based on... ?
    You judge by the camera he owns... , oh my...
    You ask me : do u think he will find the DC lenses cheap? My answer is : I can't answer this cause I am not TS.
    Ok, just take that you hit the jackpot. Let TS decide what is cheap lens and what is not, what is special or what is not special.

My perception is that don't judge the book by the cover. Btw, the lenses I've mentioned is just for his reference only.
    If it suits his needs and he can afford it, that means he found an answer.
    If the lenses don't suit his needs, he can just ignore it.
    If he cannot afford or find this lenses too expensive for his needs, he can just keep it as a reference and buy when he can afford or he is willing to pay for it.

Cheers
    Last edited by nice1888; 21st April 2011 at 10:44 AM.

You ask me : do u think he will find the DC lenses cheap? My answer is : I can't answer this cause I am not TS.
    Ok, just take that you hit the jackpot. Let TS decide what is cheap lens and what is not, what is special or what is not special.

My perception is that don't judge the book by the cover. Btw, the lenses I've mentioned is just for his reference only.
    If he cannot afford or find this lenses too expensive for his needs, he can just keep it as a reference and buy when he can afford or he is willing to pay for it.

Cheers
    whatever floats ur boat dude.. i haf no idea why u r getting so defensive about this.
    Last edited by Irvine; 21st April 2011 at 12:34 PM.

Sorry bro if I my words sound defensive.
    I will be more careful next time. Cheers

Cheers
    You do sound very defensive on how others responded to you post.

base on the initial post by TS, and the past posts made by him.
    he don't really understand how the narrow depth of field works.
    a Nikon DC lens it is not the kind of lens he is looking for, first is cost more than his camera itself, second is no AF with his camera.

we can recommend the best set up to others, but may not is what they can really need or want.
    just offer our advices for what can, how they take it or how other member think about it is another issue, don't take it too personal.

anyway, we have a real life outside this forum, that is what matters to us most.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12