Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: kena bbb poison but not progressing

Default Re: kena bbb poison but not progressing

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Just curious what this Triangle Photography is...

iso, aperture and shutter speed

Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    sell me some of the gears you don't want.
    haha, a lot of bros here are waiting..

Quote Originally Posted by lcheowl

haha, a lot of bros here are waiting..
    But I say first!!!

Hahaha. Lowballers queue over here:
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Maybe it's too early to know which type of photography you are interested in. But your main idea is for studio shots of your gf blogshop. Focus on that objective first.
    Take time to read the manual, figure out how to have a right exposure. Then learn how to use your speedlight for studio shots.

You will lose quite a bit when you just purchased your lens and sell it quickly.

what you need is patience and time. do you honestly believe that after a month you'll be on a whole different level of awesomeness? spend more time shooting and gaining experience rather than going to the shops.

unless you're extremely gifted chances are it'll take you years or maybe your whole lifetime and thousands of dollars of wasted money before you see some improvement, that is if you pursue that kind of mentality.

everyone's bound to learn and improve though. no one's an exemption. it's just a matter of how badly you want it and a bit of common sense helps too.

Quote Originally Posted by lcheowl View Post
    Haha I believe that is called the exposure triangle, which is what ZCA is hinting you there

After buying so many things maybe you should consider buying some photography books too...

I recommend buy some time to go shooting -.-
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

That's alot of gear in one month!

Before you do anything, u need to know what you want to shoot, portraiture, landscape, product or any other form of photography? Progress comes when you read up on the techniques and requirements pertaining to the specific form of photography and constantly practicing it. It doesn't take weeks, months or even years.... sometimes it take decades...

Do join some gathering/group shoots and learn from the more experience pple there, it definitely helps... good equipment helps one becomes a good photographer, but doesn't make them one instantly.
    Playing with M43.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwire View Post
    Hi people,

i have kena BBB poisoning but my skills is not improving. Pls kindly advise on how i can proceed on and up my skill.

it started when my gf wanna start up a blogshop and want to take studio shoot. The studio will need a DSLR camera horseshoe to activated the flash, not very sure whether to get a 600D or 7D. Shop advise to get 600D as it serve my purpose. So get a 600D with a 50mm f1.8 a month back and that's where the poisoning starts.

i read up the forum and get to understand the ISO, Aperture and Shutter and have been playing around with manual setting.

I also do understand that Canon lens are good especially those L lens and that their resale values does not drop much, hence, i went into buying and buying.

Here's what i acquire for the one month:

600D
    50mm f1.8
    18-55 from my frenz
    Aipo Dry Cabinet
    24-105
    17-55
    70-200
    580EXII
    10-22
    7D
    Gitzo Cremaillere 3 without the tripod head(dun noe which tripodhead to get for the tripod)

I went for the basic studio lighting course and did some reading to understand the shutter, aperture and ISO but i dun really know how to further improve my skills.

Pls kindly advise what should my steps be now and what i should do.

**Do note that i create this post to ask for advise, pls do not flame me.**
    bro, i have gone thru that road before too.

whatever you can do now is to practise shooting and shooting more.

go join more outings organised by the CSers here. or just go out and shoot more by urself.

get more advise from them on shooting skills rather than acquiring gears.
    (buying a ferrari and a lamborghini does not make you a race driver.)

anyway, gear-wise, not sure if you notice you have a quite a number of duplicates.
    for example:

(1)
    600D and 7D both are the same type of camera with only the slightest difference. (weight & processing speed)

(2)
    18-55 (scrap this or for keepsakes)
    17-55 (keep if staying on crops for 7D & 600D)
    24-105 (keep if going for Full frame)

Keep these:
    50mm f1.8 for low light
    70-200 for portraits
    580EXII definitely keep
    10-22 for wide angle / landscapes.
    Gitzo Cremaillere 3 without the tripod head - just get any tripod head.
    (i got a joby X still doing well.)

enjoy your journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatfish View Post
    (1)
    600D and 7D both are the same type of camera with only the slightest difference. (weight & processing speed)
    I disagree with this. 600D and 7D are quite far apart. In terms of image quality, yes they are quite the same, and in fact if you shoot RAW there should not be a difference in image quality.

However, the build quality and ergonomics of the 7D are far superior to the 600D. While build quality may not be an issue for amateur (read: not making a living out of photography, nothing to do with skill) photographers (also depends on how and where you shoot), ergonomics definitely make a lot of difference. The accessibility of functions you change in a camera on the 7D makes shooting a much better experience, regardless of what you shoot. You don't need to shoot fast paced events to take advantage of faster controls, for instance.

If I were you, TS, I would keep
    -7D
    -Canon 10-22
    -Canon 17-55
    -Canon 50mm f1.8
    -Canon 70-200
    -580 EX II
    -Gitzo Cremaillere 3 (get a decent ballhead)

The rest sell away. This is a very good setup already. You may choose to keep the 600D if you want a backup body, or use it as a lighter setup (600D plus 50/1.8 is the lightest DSLR setup you can get with your current equipment). After a while, if you find that you don't use a certain lens much, either find ways to use it (look at photos online for inspiration), or sell it away. For portraits, any of your lens will do, depending on what kind of effects you want to achieve, and space constraints. Be flexible, even a 10-22 can be used for creative/fun portraits. A 70-200 can be too tight sometimes if your studio for the blogshop is too small.
    Last edited by brapodam; 15th April 2011 at 02:06 PM.

Just curious what this Triangle Photography is...
    Quote Originally Posted by lcheowl View Post
    ooorrrrrhhh.... I thought wat.... cheh.
    hehehe

Landscape Photography
    Portrait Photography
    Abstract Photography

Triangle Photography
    Exploring! :)

ooorrrrrhhh.... I thought wat.... cheh.
    hehehe

Landscape Photography
    Portrait Photography
    Abstract Photography

Triangle Photography
    haha, the Exposure Triangle skip off my mind...
    Last edited by lcheowl; 15th April 2011 at 04:34 PM.

just to add on, most of us know how you feel at this point of time. BBB is very powerful

don't be in a rush to sell / dump off your equipment, keep them and let them grow old with you, eventually when you have a reached a certain proficiency level, you will know how to fully utilize them.
    Playing with M43.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    I recommend buy some time to go shooting -.-
    yup, the more time TS spend on shooting, the faster he will pick up the skill. Best is to go shooting with experts who will drop tips and hints here and there.

If just read up, go course and never go outside and practice, it is hard to improve.

I wish I has the spending power of TS, spend so much money within 1 month.

In fact, I feel there is no point of keeping the 7D since TS is focus on studio shoot.

I will just keep the prime lens F1.8 and get a f1.4 (for product shooting)

I wonder why TS go and buy 10-22 mm?
    Last edited by lcheowl; 15th April 2011 at 05:06 PM.

Pro gears without real skills will only bring you thus far, no doubt it will give you better pictures (sharpness, contrast, better colours, bokehlicious etc etc etc) with noob skills and make everything exciting and such, but what's next ? There are alot more things to photography then gears, I guess. Such excitement are short lived and sooner or later you will realised that its you yourself is that is lacking. I am a noob with pro gears too, speaking from my own experiences. I am also gulity of that BBBB disease and am very lacking in the real skill department Read more, study nice pictures, go out and snap more !!! enjoy what you have and learn how your equipments affect your picture
    Last edited by michi0301; 15th April 2011 at 05:59 PM.
    "The most important piece of equipment in your bag is your attitude" -Joe McNally

Quote Originally Posted by michi0301 View Post
    Pro gears wif out real skills will only bring you thur far, no doubt it will give u better pictures (sharpness, contrast, better colours, bokehlicious etc etc etc) wif noob skills and make everything exciting and such, but whats next ? There are alot more things to photography then gears, I think. Such excitement are short lived and sooner or later you will realised that its u urself is that is lacking. I am a noob wif pro gears too, speaking from my own experiences. I am also gulity of that BBBB disease and am very lacking in e real skill dept Read more, study nice pictures, go out and snap more !!! enjoy what you have and learn how your equipments affect your picture
    What's "wif"? :P
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae

It's is part of the language "wif" words such as u, tml, tmr, 2day, ttyl and rofl. Very sophisticated.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    sorry bro, its "with"
    "The most important piece of equipment in your bag is your attitude" -Joe McNally

What I think fatfish meant is that 7D should be a 550D replacement. Unless u are shooting, for e.g. wedding, you might need 2 camera body for two lens with different focal range. They are both basically cropped sensor camera which won't have much diff in terms of image out come.

Even saying that, I really wonder what goes thr TS mind when he decides to buy the 7D. Did selling off 550D come across his mind?
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast