Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: Need help on Crumpler Sinking Barge Deluxe

  1. #21

    Default Re: Need help on Crumpler Sinking Barge Deluxe

    Still using my 8 million home..prefer sling over backpacks.. only thing is.. can be quite a torture if you is to carry it for a whole day.. or when trekking through the forest or something..in that case backpack is better..

  2. #22

    Default Re: Need help on Crumpler Sinking Barge Deluxe

    Quote Originally Posted by TWmilkteaTW View Post
    Still using my 8 million home..prefer sling over backpacks.. only thing is.. can be quite a torture if you is to carry it for a whole day.. or when trekking through the forest or something..in that case backpack is better..
    I think at least we need 2 bags. One is backpack for heavy whole day travel, one is sling or lighter version for light shooting. IMHO.

  3. #23
    Senior Member luckyorange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    2,843
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Need help on Crumpler Sinking Barge Deluxe

    Quote Originally Posted by sorakishi View Post
    I think at least we need 2 bags. One is backpack for heavy whole day travel, one is sling or lighter version for light shooting. IMHO.
    yup for me..

    fastpack 250

    and 5mdh
    Lousy de My Flickr

  4. #24

    Default Re: Need help on Crumpler Sinking Barge Deluxe

    Quote Originally Posted by sorakishi View Post
    I think at least we need 2 bags. One is backpack for heavy whole day travel, one is sling or lighter version for light shooting. IMHO.
    Yea if financial status is ok. Why not. 1 big bag..when you need to load everything in..and a smaller 1 if you only intend to go light.

    i only use sling bags for my camera stuff..because i dont feel safe leaving those expansive gears behind my back..feel better if its by my side or in front of me.

  5. #25

    Default Re: Need help on Crumpler Sinking Barge Deluxe

    ok. why i bought a sling and converted it to a camera bag, is because i have the flexibility of using it as a normal everyday bag when i'm not shooting. my ThinkTank is mainly for those hardcore days.

    so i have lesser bags to store. cheaper too. don't buy things that you don't use and they become a white elephant

    my brother bought a haversack and tripod, but they're not even used. so i suggest that before you buy, think it through.

  6. #26

    Default

    Hmmm in my opinion, i guess its pretty subjective to your needs bah. Slingbag quicker access. But i have a customary barge, the monster size version of the sinking barge. But i love it because on travelling, i can use it as an all in one bag especially hiking and trekking. Thick padding, laptop slots, solid tripod holder, can put 2 cams at the bottom, and the top can put jacket, food, knife and stuff. plus got rain cover. so its really see your own needs. Like some pple wear boxers, some wear briefs like that lol

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,924

    Default Re: Need help on Crumpler Sinking Barge Deluxe

    Even though bags are a matter of personal taste, I think amongst all the brands out there in market, Crumpler is the worst. Looks good on the outside but not practical for daily usage. I have owned their bag packs and sling bags and all of them ended up in B&S.

  8. #28

    Default Re: Need help on Crumpler Sinking Barge Deluxe

    Quote Originally Posted by benjaminong88 View Post
    Hmmm in my opinion, i guess its pretty subjective to your needs bah. Slingbag quicker access. But i have a customary barge, the monster size version of the sinking barge. But i love it because on travelling, i can use it as an all in one bag especially hiking and trekking. Thick padding, laptop slots, solid tripod holder, can put 2 cams at the bottom, and the top can put jacket, food, knife and stuff. plus got rain cover. so its really see your own needs. Like some pple wear boxers, some wear briefs like that lol
    dude. won't you be killing your back while hiking and trekking with that weight? not backpacking right?

    btw, most bags have raincovers these days. but i agree. if you're traveling, and need the extra protection... you might wanna consider crumpler. but a lighter and hardier alternative would be thinktank.

  9. #29
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,632

    Default

    Imagine you're playing tetris with your gear and sort out the compartments depending on how you arrange them.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  10. #30

    Default Re: Need help on Crumpler Sinking Barge Deluxe

    well i love my 2millon dollar bag. well padded for normal day 1 body+1lens/flash. look good too

  11. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309

    dude. won't you be killing your back while hiking and trekking with that weight? not backpacking right?

    btw, most bags have raincovers these days. but i agree. if you're traveling, and need the extra protection... you might wanna consider crumpler. but a lighter and hardier alternative would be thinktank.
    Haha ya i mean backpacking and sometimes short hikes. but i agree that its freaking huge. Can double up as pillow too lol!!! If go for normal shoots definitely no need for this kind.

    And yeah the padding just anyhow adjust until can. I stuff cereal n chocolate bars in the spare holes too ahaha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •