Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help on Crumpler Sinking Barge Deluxe

Default Re: Need help on Crumpler Sinking Barge Deluxe

Still using my 8 million home..prefer sling over backpacks.. only thing is.. can be quite a torture if you is to carry it for a whole day.. or when trekking through the forest or something..in that case backpack is better..

Quote Originally Posted by TWmilkteaTW View Post
    Still using my 8 million home..prefer sling over backpacks.. only thing is.. can be quite a torture if you is to carry it for a whole day.. or when trekking through the forest or something..in that case backpack is better..
    I think at least we need 2 bags. One is backpack for heavy whole day travel, one is sling or lighter version for light shooting. IMHO.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sorakishi View Post
    I think at least we need 2 bags. One is backpack for heavy whole day travel, one is sling or lighter version for light shooting. IMHO.
    yup for me..

fastpack 250

and 5mdh
    Lousy de My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by sorakishi View Post
    Yea if financial status is ok. Why not. 1 big bag..when you need to load everything in..and a smaller 1 if you only intend to go light.

i only use sling bags for my camera stuff..because i dont feel safe leaving those expansive gears behind my back..feel better if its by my side or in front of me.

ok. why i bought a sling and converted it to a camera bag, is because i have the flexibility of using it as a normal everyday bag when i'm not shooting. my ThinkTank is mainly for those hardcore days.

so i have lesser bags to store. cheaper too. don't buy things that you don't use and they become a white elephant

my brother bought a haversack and tripod, but they're not even used. so i suggest that before you buy, think it through.

Hmmm in my opinion, i guess its pretty subjective to your needs bah. Slingbag quicker access. But i have a customary barge, the monster size version of the sinking barge. But i love it because on travelling, i can use it as an all in one bag especially hiking and trekking. Thick padding, laptop slots, solid tripod holder, can put 2 cams at the bottom, and the top can put jacket, food, knife and stuff. plus got rain cover. so its really see your own needs. Like some pple wear boxers, some wear briefs like that lol

Even though bags are a matter of personal taste, I think amongst all the brands out there in market, Crumpler is the worst. Looks good on the outside but not practical for daily usage. I have owned their bag packs and sling bags and all of them ended up in B&S.

Quote Originally Posted by benjaminong88 View Post
    Hmmm in my opinion, i guess its pretty subjective to your needs bah. Slingbag quicker access. But i have a customary barge, the monster size version of the sinking barge. But i love it because on travelling, i can use it as an all in one bag especially hiking and trekking. Thick padding, laptop slots, solid tripod holder, can put 2 cams at the bottom, and the top can put jacket, food, knife and stuff. plus got rain cover. so its really see your own needs. Like some pple wear boxers, some wear briefs like that lol
    dude. won't you be killing your back while hiking and trekking with that weight? not backpacking right?

btw, most bags have raincovers these days. but i agree. if you're traveling, and need the extra protection... you might wanna consider crumpler. but a lighter and hardier alternative would be thinktank.

Imagine you're playing tetris with your gear and sort out the compartments depending on how you arrange them.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

well i love my 2millon dollar bag. well padded for normal day 1 body+1lens/flash. look good too

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309

dude. won't you be killing your back while hiking and trekking with that weight? not backpacking right?

btw, most bags have raincovers these days. but i agree. if you're traveling, and need the extra protection... you might wanna consider crumpler. but a lighter and hardier alternative would be thinktank.
    Haha ya i mean backpacking and sometimes short hikes. but i agree that its freaking huge. Can double up as pillow too lol!!! If go for normal shoots definitely no need for this kind.

And yeah the padding just anyhow adjust until can. I stuff cereal n chocolate bars in the spare holes too ahaha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12