Thread: Intending to get a Palm but...

Default Intending to get a Palm but...

I'm intending to get a Palm, but I know little about it. I guess this is another "pls recommend me something" thread. But pls help me out, especially on the price issue. Hardwarezone doesn't seem to have a pricelist for Palms. And I dowanna juz go in to a store & kena chopped by them cos I didn't do enough research. Thanx!

Actually, u can get a lot more info from www.spug.net.

What do you want to know?

Why not a PocketPC?

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGoi
    Why not a PocketPC?
    don't start man...... I've grown tired of the Palm vs PPC stuff. Now, I'm happy with a P900 and an ultra-portable laptop.

yeah. a pocketpc is not bad a idea leh.... XDA2? SE p900?

has been using P900 for sometime, need to admit it is good.... but dunno abt XDA2...

Quote Originally Posted by Gr|ever
    I'm intending to get a Palm, but I know little about it. I guess this is another "pls recommend me something" thread. But pls help me out, especially on the price issue. Hardwarezone doesn't seem to have a pricelist for Palms. And I dowanna juz go in to a store & kena chopped by them cos I didn't do enough research. Thanx!
    There are several shops selling PDAs in SLS. I recommend Bits And Bytes. I've bought several Palms from them over the years, and also have recommended friends to buy there. Always have gotten a good price.

However, before you buy anything, I STRONGLY suggest getting a price quote from AT LEAST 3 shops. The prices should be similar. Choose the shop with good combination of price and service.

As for which Palm, there are 2 good choices now : The T3 and Zire 72. If budget is really tight, the Tungsten E is a reasonable choice.