Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Tripod for outdoor shoots

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    100

    Default Tripod for outdoor shoots

    Hi guys

    Im a proud owner of canon 600d. i have yet to get my tripod. Anyone care to share what brands of tripod are good in the market?

    Maybe those are not so bulky, easy for me to carry around or maybe can hook on my bag.

    Maybe u guys provides some links and also price, so that i can do some compare for myself.

    Thanks in advance and happy shooting. phew phew~~~

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wedoodle
    Hi guys

    Im a proud owner of canon 600d. i have yet to get my tripod. Anyone care to share what brands of tripod are good in the market?

    Maybe those are not so bulky, easy for me to carry around or maybe can hook on my bag.

    Maybe u guys provides some links and also price, so that i can do some compare for myself.

    Thanks in advance and happy shooting. phew phew~~~
    If you are on a more constrained budget maybe you can look at benro and sirui. Manfrotto if you can afford a bit more. Gitzo if you are on a really loose budget. For the not so bulky ones you can try looking at the travel series tripods, they are usually more compact and can do reverse folding.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    393

    Default Re: Tripod for outdoor shoots

    I choose Sirui for it's price and built. It's cheap, so you can change it if it gets damaged. Not much damage on your pocket.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    100

    Default Re: Tripod for outdoor shoots

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathegg View Post
    I choose Sirui for it's price and built. It's cheap, so you can change it if it gets damaged. Not much damage on your pocket.

    Thanks guys!!

    What's price range for Sirui? Anywhere to see the physical tripods? Think by looking at the web, cannot judge the quality and usability.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    100

    Default Re: Tripod for outdoor shoots

    And btw, does the tripod comes with a ball head? Like can attach/dettach from the tripod if there's a sudden change in your style at site.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Tripod for outdoor shoots

    Please try some research... The "what tripod to get" question comes up weekly. A simple search for "Tripod" in the CS search will give you a gold mine of results, with recommended brands, price ranges, etc.
    Alpha

  7. #7

    Default Re: Tripod for outdoor shoots

    sirui for me.

    got Tkfoto site to check out the price and Tkfoto shop to play with it.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Tripod for outdoor shoots

    Quote Originally Posted by wedoodle View Post
    And btw, does the tripod comes with a ball head? Like can attach/dettach from the tripod if there's a sudden change in your style at site.
    yeap G20 covers that.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Singapore (West)
    Posts
    690

    Default

    Can view TK Foto's Facebook for pricing of Sirui as well
    Canon 550D | EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6IS | EF 50mm f/1.8II |
    My Humble Flickr

  10. #10
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    3,443

    Default Re: Tripod for outdoor shoots

    Sirui T series are very portable and quite stable (I personally dun recommend T1005X or T1205X cos the last segment looks flimsy..) I'm currently using Sirui T1004X, been loving it for it's weight and compactness. No complains so far for stability, but just some grumble about the reach of this tripod (Max height and the Angles that this tripod can shoot at)

    Another popular combination for tripod is Manfrotto 190XPROB + 486RC2 Ball head. Costs & weighs more than Sirui T series but offer more stability and other features.


    It will be also nice if you go down to the shops and take a look at the variety of tripods. Seeing/Testing it yourself is still better than anyone's recommendation.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    393

    Default Re: Tripod for outdoor shoots

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    Sirui T series are very portable and quite stable (I personally dun recommend T1005X or T1205X cos the last segment looks flimsy..) I'm currently using Sirui T1004X, been loving it for it's weight and compactness. No complains so far for stability, but just some grumble about the reach of this tripod (Max height and the Angles that this tripod can shoot at)

    Another popular combination for tripod is Manfrotto 190XPROB + 486RC2 Ball head. Costs & weighs more than Sirui T series but offer more stability and other features.


    It will be also nice if you go down to the shops and take a look at the variety of tripods. Seeing/Testing it yourself is still better than anyone's recommendation.
    I got the T2205X.

    To me the fifth section is still okay. I like its compactness compared to a 4 section.

  12. #12
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    3,443

    Default Re: Tripod for outdoor shoots

    Guess it if personal pref. So long as it gets the job done
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

  13. #13
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Tripod for outdoor shoots

    Quote Originally Posted by wedoodle View Post
    Thanks guys!!

    What's price range for Sirui? Anywhere to see the physical tripods? Think by looking at the web, cannot judge the quality and usability.
    Spend an afternoon walking around Peninsula Plaza, Peninsula Shopping Centre, and Funan Centre...
    You'll be amazed at the selection you can browse through!
    Exploring! :)

  14. #14
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: Tripod for outdoor shoots

    Well... I did a simple review on the Sirui R-2004 tripod. Might be of some help. that tripod is almost the most basic model of Sirui range... I think it is adequate for me. Hope it is of some help to you.

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threa...-advices/page2

    Happy hunting.

  15. #15
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Tripod for outdoor shoots

    I think the best value now in terms of stability, weight and price are:

    Sirui R-2204

    Rock solid and light.

  16. #16
    Member Dylan1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    691

    Default Re: Tripod for outdoor shoots


  17. #17

    Default Re: Tripod for outdoor shoots

    To OP, best if you can ask yourself how "deep" or how much you needed for the support. If you are just exploring and wanted a tripod to include yourself inside your shoots, best to get a less "damage" support system to take your existing setup. If you plan on going "deep", I encourage you to read what this guy wrote:
    http://bythom.com/support.htm

    Also try to grab someone you know to bring you around the photos shops mentioned by the helpful folks here. Except for Tkphoto whose price will be the same as the 1 they tag on the items, most photo shops have varying prices to different customer.

    Hope that helps.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •