Thread: Inbuild camera processing...the future??

Default Inbuild camera processing...the future??

Was just wondering when I was on my flight back from Paris... If future camera will have a special mode which gassurisan blur whatever is not in focus... To like mimic the effects of shooting with a F1.4-1.8? similar to the miniaturize for some of the newer one? What do u all think?
    300D/5d2/40D/1d3/5D3
    17-40L F4, 28-70L F2.8, 24-105L F4, 50 F1.4, 70-200L F2.8

Default Re: Inbuild camera processing...the future??

Every image editing should be done on a proper monitor (calibrated, and decent size) where the amount of any effect can be adjusted in fine steps. The camera monitor is for settings and quick review.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Every image editing should be done on a proper monitor (calibrated, and decent size) where the amount of any effect can be adjusted in fine steps. The camera monitor is for settings and quick review.
    Besides the above, its certainly not possible as the camera is not so smart to read your mind which part you want blur. If you know Gluassian blur in photoshop, its not easy to achieve as it will leave a halo around the subject if not done properly even on a big screen.

Quote Originally Posted by ptwong View Post
    Was just wondering when I was on my flight back from Paris... If future camera will have a special mode which gassurisan blur whatever is not in focus... To like mimic the effects of shooting with a F1.4-1.8? similar to the miniaturize for some of the newer one? What do u all think?

There is such a effect on PnS already...