Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121720212223 LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 452

Thread: New!!! 50mm f1.8 G lens

  1. #421
    Senior Member luckyorange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    2,843
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: New!!! 50mm f1.8 G lens

    Quote Originally Posted by jas1984 View Post
    Ya.. but.. 80% of my money goes to my wife for household expenses so ... haiz... wahahaha so have to save a longer time...
    haha no choice =x...
    Lousy de My Flickr

  2. #422
    Member jas1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Singapore / Little Red Dot
    Posts
    475

    Default Re: New!!! 50mm f1.8 G lens

    Quote Originally Posted by luckyorange View Post
    haha no choice =x...
    Ya what to do... family come first... wahaha
    Nikon D5000 - 18-55mm l 55-200mm l 35mm f1.8g l Grip
    My FlickR l Google+

  3. #423
    Senior Member luckyorange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    2,843
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: New!!! 50mm f1.8 G lens

    Quote Originally Posted by jas1984 View Post
    Ya what to do... family come first... wahaha
    yup yup =)
    Lousy de My Flickr

  4. #424
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: New!!! 50mm f1.8 G lens

    Quote Originally Posted by bigpond View Post
    This site has a good comparison of many 50mm lenses -- check it out -- there are lots of bokeh tests at various apertures. Think people have posted this link before:

    http://mansurovs.com/nikon-50mm-f1-8g-review#more-15792

    This guy really likes the new 50/1.8G lens a lot!
    Thanks!
    ya silly me forgot about this site.
    Exploring! :)

  5. #425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra
    Not too much of an issue in good lighting conditions, but indoors is another matter altogether.
    Thanks for the tips.
    Normally I shoot at 1/40 or sometimes at 1/50 uf light permit. I realise at f/16 the contrast drop. Do you have this problem or its my shaky hand again?

  6. #426
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: New!!! 50mm f1.8 G lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Actururss View Post
    Thanks for the tips.
    Normally I shoot at 1/40 or sometimes at 1/50 uf light permit. I realise at f/16 the contrast drop. Do you have this problem or its my shaky hand again?
    Have not got this lens... (yet), but only had brief test session with it over the weekend.
    I doubt I will use this lens @ f/16, since my main intention is to use it wide-open or at least close to it.
    For stopping down, I would probably use another lens like a wide-to-tele zoom.
    Exploring! :)

  7. #427

    Default Re: New!!! 50mm f1.8 G lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Actururss View Post
    Thanks for the tips.
    Normally I shoot at 1/40 or sometimes at 1/50 uf light permit. I realise at f/16 the contrast drop. Do you have this problem or its my shaky hand again?
    usually ppl don't go beyond f8. r u shooting 1/40 handheld? this lens has no vr, for me i kiasu abit, so i shoot at min 1/80 handheld.

  8. #428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baggiolee

    usually ppl don't go beyond f8. r u shooting 1/40 handheld? this lens has no vr, for me i kiasu abit, so i shoot at min 1/80 handheld.
    Yes, now that you remind me that this lense don't have VR.
    I should have make the shutter a little faster.
    Too used to shoot at 1/40 with my other VR lense.
    Thanks for reminding.

  9. #429

    Default Re: New!!! 50mm f1.8 G lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Actururss View Post
    Thanks for the tips.
    Normally I shoot at 1/40 or sometimes at 1/50 uf light permit. I realise at f/16 the contrast drop. Do you have this problem or its my shaky hand again?
    One factor that can cause a decline in contrast at f/16 is diffraction. For most lenses with apertures ranging from say f1.4 to f16, you'll get max performance in the mid range around f4 to f8. Big apertures suffer from optical aberrations; whereas at very small apertures like f16 or f22 in some lenses, you'll get reduced sharpness and contrast due to diffraction.

  10. #430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigpond

    One factor that can cause a decline in contrast at f/16 is diffraction. For most lenses with apertures ranging from say f1.4 to f16, you'll get max performance in the mid range around f4 to f8. Big apertures suffer from optical aberrations; whereas at very small apertures like f16 or f22 in some lenses, you'll get reduced sharpness and contrast due to diffraction.
    Thanks for helpful sharing.
    What normally is the best f number for scenery?

  11. #431

    Default Re: New!!! 50mm f1.8 G lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Actururss View Post
    Thanks for helpful sharing.
    What normally is the best f number for scenery?
    For max depth of field, yet avoiding diffraction issues, I try not to go beyond f11. If your objects are all far away, depth of field is not such a big concern, you'll get incredibly crisp and sharp images at f5.6 to f8 with the 50mm.

  12. #432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigpond

    For max depth of field, yet avoiding diffraction issues, I try not to go beyond f11. If your objects are all far away, depth of field is not such a big concern, you'll get incredibly crisp and sharp images at f5.6 to f8 with the 50mm.
    Thanks for sharing.

  13. #433
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queenstown
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Has anyone tried buying this lens from Malaysia? Is the price worth buying?

  14. #434
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: New!!! 50mm f1.8 G lens

    Quote Originally Posted by kansatish View Post
    Has anyone tried buying this lens from Malaysia? Is the price worth buying?
    You should contact the shops in malaysia, get the price, then decide for yourself if it is worth it. Some people will only find it worth it if they save $200-300. Some people will find it worth it even if they save $1-2.

    You have to decide for yourself.

    Some shops to call.
    http://fotoberlian.com/
    http://www.meetoophoto.com/
    http://shashinki.com/

  15. #435

    Default Re: New!!! 50mm f1.8 G lens

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Not too much of an issue in good lighting conditions, but indoors is another matter altogether.
    For low lights, I would suggest to use auto ISO and maintain 1/100 shutter speed at any aperture you will use and surely it's a sharp output. A little cleaning for the noise and you're done. Much better compared to a blurry photos. Give it a try and you will be happy ... hehe

  16. #436
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: New!!! 50mm f1.8 G lens

    Quote Originally Posted by kerstian View Post
    For low lights, I would suggest to use auto ISO and maintain 1/100 shutter speed at any aperture you will use and surely it's a sharp output. A little cleaning for the noise and you're done. Much better compared to a blurry photos. Give it a try and you will be happy ... hehe
    Have tried f/1.8 and 1/60 and ISO4500 and still there are times when it isn't bright enough
    But it's ok, you don't need to convince me. I know the limitations...
    Exploring! :)

  17. #437

    Default Re: New!!! 50mm f1.8 G lens

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    anybody has both the 50/1.8D and the 50/1.8G and can do some simple side-by-side comparisons of bokeh, etc?

    Just SOOC JPGs would be great
    Or else I've gotta go get the 50/1.8G for myself and try try... hehehehe
    Without a doubt, the Bokeh is lovely from the new "AF-S G", I had the AF-D version and its noisy, with bad bokeh! But this one gives quite smooth without any "doubbling / splitting" effects.

    The extra $100 is worth it

  18. #438
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: New!!! 50mm f1.8 G lens

    Quote Originally Posted by faisalee View Post
    Without a doubt, the Bokeh is lovely from the new "AF-S G", I had the AF-D version and its noisy, with bad bokeh! But this one gives quite smooth without any "doubbling / splitting" effects.

    The extra $100 is worth it
    wah... strong praise indeed Sounds like I must give this lens a more thorough test run
    Bokeh from the 1.8D also not bad if wide open, I felt. Stopping down a bit resulted in (slightly annoying) hexagonal-shaped bokeh.
    Exploring! :)

  19. #439

    Default Re: New!!! 50mm f1.8 G lens

    Love this lens, affordable and perform well. I sold my 85 1.4D which has been so idle and get this lens instead because it's less restricted in terms of focal length for my d90. Thanks to its aspherical element, chromatic and longitudinal aberrations are minimized. This lens is sharp wide open alrd and the bokeh is acceptable to me having used the 85mm lens.

  20. #440

    Default Re: New!!! 50mm f1.8 G lens

    however DXO rates it lower than the 1.8D.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121720212223 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •