Thread: Birding at PRP - Need Advice for 1st trip

Default Birding at PRP - Need Advice for 1st trip

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to venture to PRP for the first time and would like to seek some advice. I've been to PRP for other reasons than photography(left side of of sungei api api) but never to the right side. From my looking at the map below, i would assume the birds should usually be around water sources such as the 2 rivers/streams located in A, B, D & E in the map below.

Would appreciate if the birding kakis here can share if my assumptions are correct. Pls note that i'm not asking for specific locations for any particular species of birds but just want to ensure i am exploring the correct places.

Do also feel free to share if you know which place got sandflies...so i can avoid cos i hate these little horrible creatures...other creep crawlies like mozzies, bugs, snakes, lizards & etc are all ok...except sandflies...

Thanks!

Default Re: Birding at PRP - Need Advice for 1st trip

The shelter in circle D, closest to the beach, is a viewpoint for watching birds. The map at streetdirectory.com is more detailed.
    EOS

The small jetty on D is a good spot can observe many birds flying around.
    See my flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    The shelter in circle D, closest to the beach, is a viewpoint for watching birds. The map at streetdirectory.com is more detailed.
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodLamb View Post
    The small jetty on D is a good spot can observe many birds flying around.
    Thanks for sharing, if i hear you correctly the spots which both of you mentioned are the 2 spots circled in red in the below map taken from street directory. Hope my 100-400 on 50D will provide enough reach and birdie luck when i try PRP. Thanks again!

Went to PRP and found the first shelter nearest the beach a little too densed with foliage. The jetty was better as an observation post. Managed to shoot the BTBE, Stork Billed KF, collared KF, Olived backed Sunbird, little heron, sandpiper at the jetty. Also got a sunda woodpecker along the beach on one of the coconut trees.