Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 64

Thread: questions about monopod.

  1. #21

    Default Re: questions about monopod.

    Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    Just got a quote for $57. also Cathay.
    Haha you got an equote or you went down and asked?

  2. #22
    Member SurrealDreamWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Outer Limits
    Posts
    1,565

    Default Re: questions about monopod.

    Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Just got an equote from CP, $53 for the 234 tilt head
    Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    Just got a quote for $57. also Cathay.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    different pricing O.o
    spree, you got the best offer! Can we go together and check it out this Friday evening?
    "There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trials and errors."

  3. #23
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spree86

    Haha you got an equote or you went down and asked?
    I went down. =__=; I got the carrot face!!~ !

    But I saw one at Tk for $39. Not sure what brand tho.
    Last edited by bonrya; 13th April 2011 at 01:10 PM.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  4. #24
    Member SurrealDreamWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Outer Limits
    Posts
    1,565

    Default Re: questions about monopod.

    Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Just got an equote from CP, $53 for the 234 tilt head
    Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    Just got a quote for $57. also Cathay.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    different pricing O.o
    Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    I went down. =__=; I got the carrot face!!~ !

    But I saw one at Tk for $39. Not sure what brand tho.
    perhaps if you lose more weight than they will give you more discount
    "There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trials and errors."

  5. #25

    Default Re: questions about monopod.

    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealDreamWalker View Post
    spree, you got the best offer! Can we go together and check it out this Friday evening?
    I can meet you tmr=) Friday i got something on

    Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    I went down. =__=; I got the carrot face!!~ !

    But I saw one at Tk for $39. Not sure what brand tho.
    Haha is not carrot lah, equotes are usually lower.

  6. #26
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealDreamWalker

    perhaps if you lose more weight than they will give you more discount
    Not nice!
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  7. #27
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default Re: questions about monopod.

    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealDreamWalker View Post
    spree, you got the best offer! Can we go together and check it out this Friday evening?
    DD selling the RC version for $49 wor...

    http://ddelectronics.com.sg/products...pod-Head.html#

    Parallel import... but then you don't need a warranty for this, do you?

  8. #28
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,850

    Default Re: questions about monopod.

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    DD selling the RC version for $49 wor...

    http://ddelectronics.com.sg/products...pod-Head.html#

    Parallel import... but then you don't need a warranty for this, do you?
    thanks for the heads up! will get mine from them haha but if i can get from CP at $53... i dun mind paying $4 more for the warranty

  9. #29
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Oops the quote I got from Cathay at $57 was for the rc version. Didn't know there was a difference. :x
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  10. #30
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default Re: questions about monopod.

    Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    Oops the quote I got from Cathay at $57 was for the rc version. Didn't know there was a difference. :x
    Make sure you get the RC version. I el cheapo bought a cheap one with a ball head some more (I thought good deal)... then brought it for a trip. Then when I try to use it, I have to screw it onto my D90. Silly me, extend the whole thing first then screw some more... I must have looked like a clown. But looks aside, it really hampered my movement. Just invested in a better one.

  11. #31
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: questions about monopod.

    agree with DD123, the tilt head is far better the ballhead when using on mono pod, I use the ballhead with 70-200 lens is really awful.

    will be getting this instead of the original Manfrotto tilt head, since my lens is already replaced with Arca Swiss foot.

    http://www.kirkphoto.com/Manfrotto_2...k_Release.html
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  12. #32
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai

    Make sure you get the RC version. I el cheapo bought a cheap one with a ball head some more (I thought good deal)... then brought it for a trip. Then when I try to use it, I have to screw it onto my D90. Silly me, extend the whole thing first then screw some more... I must have looked like a clown. But looks aside, it really hampered my movement. Just invested in a better one.
    Don't suppose my 498rc2 bullhead will look good on the monopod then will it? >__<
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  13. #33
    Member SurrealDreamWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Outer Limits
    Posts
    1,565

    Default Re: questions about monopod.

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    DD selling the RC version for $49 wor...

    http://ddelectronics.com.sg/products...pod-Head.html#

    Parallel import... but then you don't need a warranty for this, do you?
    Thanks UncleFai for the info. I don't really need warranty for this.

    BTW, TK selling the 234 tilt head for S$39!!!!

    Best you all get from TK instead!

    Also, i have to buy the Markins quickshoe to be attached to the Manfrotto monopod 234 tilt head.
    "There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trials and errors."

  14. #34
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default Re: questions about monopod.

    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealDreamWalker View Post
    Thanks UncleFai for the info. I don't really need warranty for this.

    BTW, TK selling the 234 tilt head for S$39!!!!

    Best you all get from TK instead!

    Also, i have to buy the Markins quickshoe to be attached to the Manfrotto monopod 234 tilt head.
    Is the TK ones 234 or 234RC? There are two versions you know: http://www.manfrotto.com/product_lis...0.0/Tilt_Heads

    I *STRONGLY* suggest getting the quick release version.

  15. #35
    Member SurrealDreamWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Outer Limits
    Posts
    1,565

    Default Re: questions about monopod.

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    agree with DD123, the tilt head is far better the ballhead when using on mono pod, I use the ballhead with 70-200 lens is really awful.

    will be getting this instead of the original Manfrotto tilt head, since my lens is already replaced with Arca Swiss foot.

    http://www.kirkphoto.com/Manfrotto_2...k_Release.html
    Thanks Sir catchlights for sharing this.

    May i ask whether this is compatible with Markins plates? And may i know where can i get it in Singapore?

    If not, i will just get the Markins quickshoe to be attached to the 234 tilt head.
    "There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trials and errors."

  16. #36
    Member SurrealDreamWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Outer Limits
    Posts
    1,565

    Default Re: questions about monopod.

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Is the TK ones 234 or 234RC? There are two versions you know: http://www.manfrotto.com/product_lis...0.0/Tilt_Heads

    I *STRONGLY* suggest getting the quick release version.

    i am getting the 234. It can be 'custom' fit to any quickshoes.

    yes i am getting the Markins quick release quickshoe.
    "There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trials and errors."

  17. #37
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: questions about monopod.

    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealDreamWalker View Post
    Thanks Sir catchlights for sharing this.

    May i ask whether this is compatible with Markins plates? And may i know where can i get it in Singapore?

    If not, i will just get the Markins quickshoe to be attached to the 234 tilt head.
    markin plate is also Acra Swiss type quick release plate standard isn't it? if yes, it's fit well.

    is via mail order only, this shipping is quite fast, however I saw some Kirk products display at Orient Photos but not sure will they bring in this?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  18. #38
    Member SurrealDreamWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Outer Limits
    Posts
    1,565

    Default Re: questions about monopod.

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    markin plate is also Acra Swiss type quick release plate standard isn't it? if yes, it's fit well.

    is via mail order only, this shipping is quite fast, however I saw some Kirk products display at Orient Photos but not sure will they bring in this?
    Thanks for your reply.

    I don't have VISA/Mastercard, i prefer to pay in hard cash, so i will just get from TK and 'custom' fit them together.
    "There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trials and errors."

  19. #39
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,850

    Default Re: questions about monopod.

    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealDreamWalker View Post
    Thanks UncleFai for the info. I don't really need warranty for this.

    BTW, TK selling the 234 tilt head for S$39!!!!

    Best you all get from TK instead!

    Also, i have to buy the Markins quickshoe to be attached to the Manfrotto monopod 234 tilt head.
    how about 234RC?

  20. #40
    Member SurrealDreamWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Outer Limits
    Posts
    1,565

    Default Re: questions about monopod.

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    how about 234RC?
    if you're using Markins plates attached to your DSLRs, then 234RC is NOT able to be used as it has its own fixed quickshoe meant for manfrotto plates.

    better get the 234 ONLY if you want to 'custom' fit Markins plates, but you will have to buy the Markins quickshoe.
    "There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trials and errors."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •