View Poll Results: Will you upgrade to 20D?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Currently using D30/D60/10D/300D.

31 31.96%
  • No. Currently using D30/D60/10D/300D.

35 36.08%
  • Yes. Currently using D70.

6 6.19%
  • No. Currently using D70.

25 25.77%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will you upgrade to 20D?

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGoi
    No.

For me, getting a more advance camera does not turn me into a better photographer ... I rather spend more time to shoot than to spend more money ... I suppose the former is more practical to me now ...

If money is not an issue, why not?!

Bring it to a hypothetical extreme, if someone offer you one to one exchange, will you do it?

of course yes i will, but no i won't...

i'll want to upgrade my photography skills, and take better photos, but i won't be changing system just yet, in order to get better pics...

Definetely not...

There alway be new cameras...But it is the eye behind the camera that maketh all the difference. Should I upgrade, it would be because I gonna use my 300D as a backup body....Else, no!

no... no point. although a lot of the features are tempting.... i think if i really want to upgrade, i would call a 10D->1-series more of an upgrade than a 10D to 20D....

besides i don't need it now.

maybe next time when the 1-series are more affordable... perhaps.

Default Any news on D200

Ok guys lets face it, this argument will never end cos there will always be 2 poles of people debating on the issue.

There will always be those who insist that the equipment is merely 'a means to the end' and it is the human factor that MAKES a photo.
    They are right.

Then there will be another group who will always upgrade or even buy multiple cameras when a new model or technology emerges.
    They are not wrong either.

Like all modern day technologies, upgrading is a process to improving on what we have. Without them, there will be no motivation for manufacturers to innovate and come up with cutting-edge devices, in this case digital cameras.

But whether you are a commercial photographer or a romantic artist behind the lens, the bottom-line will always be for the love of the art. Technology enables us to push further that which limits the human senses. Rather than choose a side, why not embrace those 2 factors to reach new pinnacles in photography.

* That aside, anybody knows when Nikon will be releasing D200?

Default Any news on D200

Ok guys lets face it, this argument will never end cos there will always be 2 poles of people debating on the issue.

There will always be those who insist that the equipment is merely 'a means to the end' and it is the human factor that MAKES a photo.
    They are right.

Then there will be another group who will always upgrade or even buy multiple cameras when a new model or technology emerges.

Like all modern day technologies, upgrading is a process to improving on what we have. Without them, there will be no motivation for manufacturers to innovate and come up with cutting-edge devices, in this case digital cameras.

But whether you are a commercial photographer or a romantic artist behind the lens, the bottom-line will always be for the love of the art. Technology enables us to push further that which limits the human senses. Rather than choose a side, why not embrace those 2 factors to reach new pinnacles in photography.

Quote Originally Posted by de_stan

They are right.

Shld be anytime soon. Just that they need to revise their price.

i'd probably pick one up when the dust settles. Esp if the high ISO images are as clean as Canon claims.

Not buying cos next camera will be 1d Mk III for me

Quote Originally Posted by nickmak
    My mum told me the same thing before upgrading to 1D MKII. After seeing what I can do without the limitations of the 300D, she all the way. She's willing to get me anything now!
    Ask your mum whether she needs any godson. I will definitely apply for that position. Can also interview me before accepting me. I will also serve her tea and take beautiful portraits of her.

no. currently using d70.

firstly i don't think i'll switch across brands. for sure, nikon will be announcing another cool dslr further down the road.

more importantly, i'm still new to photography and haven't even optimized my entry level dslr. i follow the argument that its the photographer that matters more than the camera.

i would like to quote someone who posted a similar response on dpreview forum. i can't say it better myself.

"Unbelievable. You're a self-proclaimed newbie (based on reading a recent post) yet you're tempted to jump ship for 2 stinkin' MP? Why? Get the most out of your D70 first. I'm talking about getting to the point in photography where the camera is truly holding you back - THEN worry about equipment. Please remember photography is 90% art and 10% equipment. The extra MP will only make your current shots larger not better.

-Joe"
    http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...essage=9952297
    Last edited by glutton; 20th August 2004 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug
    Ask your mum whether she needs any godson. I will definitely apply for that position. Can also interview me before accepting me. I will also serve her tea and take beautiful portraits of her.
    Haha... very soon I'll have the whole country as my brothers and sisters!
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

hmm..

a little OT, but nickmak, i'm pretty interested to know how you convinced your mum.. what is it that the mk2 is able to do that 300d cannot ? (in your context because not everyone shoots sports right ?)

Deregistered

No need for it.
    Anyway my lenses are all Nikon mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Azure
    No need for it.
    Anyway my lenses are all Nikon mounts.
    You can always dump em away too..
    -Express yourself not in words-
    http://www.majere2sg.com

Quote Originally Posted by sequitur
    hmm..

a little OT, but nickmak, i'm pretty interested to know how you convinced your mum.. what is it that the mk2 is able to do that 300d cannot ? (in your context because not everyone shoots sports right ?)
    Tell you the truth... I brought her to see the camera and when she held it compared to my 300D, she said 'So much better built... So solid... blah blah blah...' My mum's the type who looks at how nice the thing looks...
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

Quote Originally Posted by nickmak
    Tell you the truth... I brought her to see the camera and when she held it compared to my 300D, she said 'So much better built... So solid... blah blah blah...' My mum's the type who looks at how nice the thing looks...

omg

you should have went straight for a 1Ds !

hahahaha

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123