View Poll Results: Will you upgrade to 20D?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Currently using D30/D60/10D/300D.

31 31.96%
  • No. Currently using D30/D60/10D/300D.

35 36.08%
  • Yes. Currently using D70.

6 6.19%
  • No. Currently using D70.

25 25.77%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will you upgrade to 20D?

yes, definite yes. Why? because i've finally found the limitation of 300D a bit unacceptable. Nothing to do with picture quality (it produces beautiful pics) but the AI Servo sucks big time....that's the main reason for me. fps,mp, casing are no big deal for me. either this or 1dmk2 (my finance minister is definitly more happy with the 20D )
    300D/5d2/40D/1d3/5D3
    17-40L F4, 28-70L F2.8, 24-105L F4, 50 F1.4, 70-200L F2.8

I don't see 300D -> D20 as much of an upgrade. Probably be tempted only by the 5fps and large buffer. Looks and build wise go without saying, but we're talking functionality here.

Waiting for price of 1.3x of full frame bodies to drop to the current 10D pricing before upgrading.

Well
    My mum alway remind me to be content with what I have .
    Will continue with my 300D.

Quote Originally Posted by locksley
    Well
    My mum alway remind me to be content with what I have .
    Will continue with my 300D.
    My mum told me the same thing before upgrading to 1D MKII. After seeing what I can do without the limitations of the 300D, she all the way. She's willing to get me anything now!
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickmak
    My mum told me the same thing before upgrading to 1D MKII. After seeing what I can do without the limitations of the 300D, she all the way. She's willing to get me anything now!
    wat a mom!
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    wat a mom!
    Haha!

Bro, within limitations of course!

Cheers!

Honestly using the 300D and then 10D I found the extra features really useful and then the 1D MKII was even more useful thanks to environmental sealing because i do deep jungle treks as part of my award scheme that i'm participating in.

My mistake for touching the L's... My mistake for touching the EOS 1 series... lol..
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

I support Adam on this. Why upgrade when 10D is able to cater to your needs? Got money but don't know how to spend it? I'll use my current 10D to take nicer photos and earn me some money first. 10D to 20D is definitely a

10D to 1D MKII would be the way to go, if my budget permits.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGoi
    No.

For me, getting a more advance camera does not turn me into a better photographer ... I rather spend more time to shoot than to spend more money ... I suppose the former is more practical to me now ...
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Quote Originally Posted by ptwong
    yes, definite yes. Why? because i've finally found the limitation of 300D a bit unacceptable. Nothing to do with picture quality (it produces beautiful pics) but the AI Servo sucks big time....that's the main reason for me. fps,mp, casing are no big deal for me. either this or 1dmk2 (my finance minister is definitly more happy with the 20D )
    same here. somehow i wished we have more control over the camera, but i don't wanna install the hack.
    Canon 300D, 30D, 5D. 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L, 70-200 f2.8 L IS

Wun upgrade coz the 10D is good enuf for me

Default Upgrading for sure.....

At a guesstimated street price of US$1300??? Where do I join the queue???

Quote Originally Posted by dkw
    At a guesstimated street price of US$1300??? Where do I join the queue???
    Maybe the first batch would be more expensive... those who want to get it when it's first launched would most probably have to be prepared to pay a premium to get it.

quite alot of 10D owners are more excited by the pro bodies prospects then the EFs mount including me.

Unless i strike TOTO or something in that manner, i still stick with the 10D for until the next best thing, sorry canon, cannot fall for your marketing techiques this time around.

Please release a Eos 3D with 8-10 mp, 4.5fps, 1.3 crop, 30max buffer 2.2 inch icd i woun'd mind paying less than $4.5k thanks!

i seen the mark II in action, 8mp so fast fill up the 1gb card, puts me off quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by imaginary_number
    Maybe the first batch would be more expensive... those who want to get it when it's first launched would most probably have to be prepared to pay a premium to get it.
    I was one of the first in singapore to get the 10D last time and paid $2750 for it

after so many months the price still around $2.7K for new, so the premium isn't really a lot. However, i am more concern with the bugs/flaws that may exist in the first few batches.

Just like what I have encountered with 10D

Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    I was one of the first in singapore to get the 10D last time and paid $2750 for it

after so many months the price still around $2.7K for new, so the premium isn't really a lot. However, i am more concern with the bugs/flaws that may exist in the first few batches.

hmm...but you managed to get the software upgraded and the bugs/flaws rectified subsequently?

Quote Originally Posted by kelster
    hmm...but you managed to get the software upgraded and the bugs/flaws rectified subsequently?
    Yup, great customer service from Canon

Yup, great customer service from Canon
    rite...so not tat bad lah...prob just havta tahan for the beginning part lor...heh

oh, i recall that thread you started man..... caused quite a stir among CSers back then...

Quote Originally Posted by imaginary_number
    oh, i recall that thread you started man..... caused quite a stir among CSers back then...
    I think everytime a new DSLR comes out it happens... remember the 1DMKII recently? hehe...

We are guys..... new gadget comes out..... sure to stir abit here and there for us.... or at least for me.... the word for it....if u need it... or got money whack oni... and gve us the review... then it will make the other stir again...

Quote Originally Posted by nickmak
    Lucky you, you got a rich mom

Saw quite a few DSLRs in buy / sell. I've no DSLR now, so no upgrading

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast