Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Non SLR digital camera with >300mm lens

Quote Originally Posted by acetylcholine
    noise=digital noise. the grain u see on some pics
    Ahhh, that noise
    Thanks acetylcholine for clearing that up... for a moment there I thought that the camera was actually making "clicking & snapping" noise

U mentioned other cameras that focus faster thatn the FZ10...
    what camera models are those? Do they match up to the same specs as the FZ10 too?

I am specifically looking out for a camera that have -- focal length >300mm , uses Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery, 4 megapixels at all zooms,*image stabilization.

Thanks

so it's thatnoise i am refering to. not that noise hor ..hahaha
    just kidding.

hmm camera decides to kp 1 day?

there's minolta a2 or something, 28-200 only. apparentl AF is fast...(claims to be fastest in it's class)

frankly speaking, fz10 is a cheap form of zoom. sure u can take good pics but i dont like the performance at low light,

u can maybe look at oly 750? 10x zoom, shld be xMP at all zooms ....

well IS...havent been keep up with tech these days..have to ask those dpreview addicts..keke

If you're looking at good picture quality, faster and accurate focusing ,
    not so bulky, anti-shake, I think minolta A1 is a very good value for your money. It has 28mm, which is very good for landscape and general travel photography. Add a 1.5x (1.7x ) TC lens to get 300mm.

Worth for your money for not just doing your work at 300mm but also for all other general use.

Picture quality, AF and lens are anytime better than those 10x / 12x superzooms.

minolta Z3
    38mm-420mm with Anti-Shake 4MP around $700

Quote Originally Posted by Caussway
    If you're looking at good picture quality, faster and accurate focusing ,
    not so bulky, anti-shake, I think minolta A1 is a very good value for your money. It has 28mm, which is very good for landscape and general travel photography. Add a 1.5x (1.7x ) TC lens to get 300mm.

Worth for your money for not just doing your work at 300mm but also for all other general use.

Picture quality, AF and lens are anytime better than those 10x / 12x superzooms.
    This camera's specs looked quite good, do you know if it allows for manual override for Aperture piority? What about the last known price for the camera & the Tele-lens convertor?

Might just go try it out. Thanks for the headsup.

Quote Originally Posted by latmo
    minolta Z3
    38mm-420mm with Anti-Shake 4MP around $700
    The price for this camera sounds quite good, ya and the zoom is quite impressive too... but somehow, Caussway's recommendation of the minolta A1 with its all standard black body and slightly better specs, is much more tempting leh... I wonder how big a hole it'll make in my pockets

Thanks for the recommendation, will definitly try it out too when I go shopping

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12