Thread: Drastic reduction in file size after processing

Default Drastic reduction in file size after processing

I experienced drastic reduction in file size after processing using DxO Optic Pro6:
    Input Raw image 10MB, after processing Output Jpeg image 1.73MB.
    No cropping or noise clean-up was done, only made adjustment to lighting and colour.
    This is normal? or did I not do it correctly?
    Mine full name-Betta Macrostoma
    Can call me Betta.

Default Re: Drastic reduction in file size after processing

JPG is a lossy image film format, it discard data to make the file size smaller.
    I'm not similar the the software you use, you can check the compression ratio of the jpg, is it save at the minimum or maximum quality?

the file size of jpg is largely depends on the content, if the image element is very simply, like one plain color product on a white background, the file size of a full resolution jpg could be only 1-2 MB, whereas if it is a night scene of the MBS at the same resolution jpg could be 4-5MB. both type images are save at the same compression ratio but the out come is totally different.

hope this help.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Default Re: Drastic reduction in file size after processing

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    JPG is a lossy image film format, it discard data to make the file size smaller.
    I'm not similar the the software you use, you can check the compression ratio of the jpg, is it save at the minimum or maximum quality?

the file size of jpg is largely depends on the content, if the image element is very simply, like one plain color product on a white background, the file size of a full resolution jpg could be only 1-2 MB, whereas if it is a night scene of the MBS at the same resolution jpg could be 4-5MB. both type images are save at the same compression ratio but the out come is totally different.

hope this help.
    Thank you for the tips, it works
    Mine full name-Betta Macrostoma
    Can call me Betta.