Thread: Looking for Stage Shoot Lenses and Indoor lenses.

Default Looking for Stage Shoot Lenses and Indoor lenses.

I am still pretty new to photography, and also in the process of learning along the way as well.
    I am currently using a 7D to take stage photography and things didn't come out so well since I lack range, or I just lack the larger aperture lenses.
    And for indoor as well; most of the time I need to use a flash to compensate to get a better shot.
    I only have a 50mm f1.8, 17-50mm f2.8 and a 70-300 f4-5.6 in my arsenal.
    I look forward to any suggestive and constructive comments =)
    Thanks~

Default Re: Looking for Stage Shoot Lenses and Indoor lenses.

you already answered the question. just need more practice with your techniques.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Blog Entries

If lighting is not enough and you do not want to use flash, you need faster lenses or camera bodies with better hi iso capabilities. If range is not enough, you need longer lenses. If you want to satisfy both, you need faster longer lenses matched with camera bodies with better iso performance.

No 2 ways around it.

when i saw your title, the answer is clear.... 5DII + 200mm f/2L

but realistically, it's financially impossible to most mortals. So unfortunately, the only sane way is to work on your flash technique, since ISO performance and large aperture don't come cheap.
    Playing with M43.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeLegend View Post
    I am still pretty new to photography, and also in the process of learning along the way as well.
    I am currently using a 7D to take stage photography and things didn't come out so well since I lack range, or I just lack the larger aperture lenses.
    And for indoor as well; most of the time I need to use a flash to compensate to get a better shot.
    I only have a 50mm f1.8, 17-50mm f2.8 and a 70-300 f4-5.6 in my arsenal.
    I look forward to any suggestive and constructive comments =)
    Thanks~
    You answered you own question

If you know u lack range, then you need a tele lens with longer focal length, but 300 on 7D should be long enough.
    Lack of large aperture? - upgrade to a 70-200 2.8?
    or primes like 85 f1.8 or 135 f2 if you don't want to use flash

ISO wise, your 7D is doing well =)

Well at least now I know that there would be a lens I should be getting now, wahaha.

Thank you all peeps!