Thread: Transparent Marks on Camera Lens

Default Transparent Marks on Camera Lens

Hi All I would like to find out after i breathe onto my lens to create condensation then i use a anti fog lens cloth to wipe it there are alot of transparent marks on my lens. After which i clean again its still there i dont know what causes it even if i google i cannot find the answer.

Hope any bros can help me..

Thanks

Default Re: Transparent Marks on Camera Lens

It might be because of the UV coating which has been worn out..

could be the coating is gone,
    could be cleaning marks
    could be persistent smudge marks - you can try using your nails to see if it goes off

probably persistent stain or coating wear... if it's not too large, just let it be...
    Playing with M43.

Thanks bros for your replies i think it is cleaning marks. is there such a thing? i mean what i did was to clean it with a dry lens cloth no solution applied and the lens and filter is a new one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wm910
    Thanks bros for your replies i think it is cleaning marks. is there such a thing? i mean what i did was to clean it with a dry lens cloth no solution applied and the lens and filter is a new one.
    Can be anything. Have see the lens to be sure. It can be a scratch, coating loss or maybe just a smudge of that anti fog thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by wm910 View Post
    Hi All I would like to find out after i breathe onto my lens to create condensation then i use a anti fog lens cloth to wipe it there are alot of transparent marks on my lens. After which i clean again its still there i dont know what causes it even if i google i cannot find the answer.

Hope any bros can help me..

Thanks
    Unless it's very light scratches, almost invisible to the eyes, uneven coating which is highlighted up when lens is breathed upon, or fungus, based on the above, my guess is:

1) not all condensation is wiped-up/away, and that leaves cleaning marks, and

2) Most anti-fog cloths have some kind of chemical preparation and that probably left a deposit (of anti-fogging chemicals - that's how they work) on the lens.

Nonetheless, let me guess ... this has absolutely NO effect on the image quality of your lens?

Thanks Bro Daredevil and Dream merchant. i Believe it is the cleaning marks from the cloth reason is i just bought the lens for less then a week.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wm910
    Thanks Bro Daredevil and Dream merchant. i Believe it is the cleaning marks from the cloth reason is i just bought the lens for less then a week.
    Dont worry too much. Just shoot.