Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: using 50mm 1.8 or larger aperture

  1. #21

    Default Re: using 50mm 1.8 or larger aperture

    Quote Originally Posted by mokkimhong View Post
    i have already used Canon speedlite...

    the problem is only a very small area is in focus.

    eg 2. i take snap on my pen. the point that i manual focus on(exmaple the cap), will be sharp, but further abit, like connection between cap and pen body will start to be blurred..

    even if i increase my shutter speed to 1/200, f1.8 iso 100, it is still the same
    T_T
    try f2, if not f2.8 will give u a deeper dop

  2. #22

    Default

    Well.. This feels like another jane kok/john kok issue... But genuine this time.. Well ts, if u want f1.8 yet more stuff in focus, try a lens below 20mm. If u can find one

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: using 50mm 1.8 or larger aperture

    by the way,

    i have tested a few.

    i found that 50mm f1.8 lens when shooting at f1.8, image quality consistently not good..

    even that i am using tripod, i am still able to see a little bit of "blur" on image.

    f2.0 or 1 stop ahead will give a lot better image.

  4. #24
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: using 50mm 1.8 or larger aperture

    Quote Originally Posted by mokkimhong View Post
    by the way,

    i have tested a few.

    i found that 50mm f1.8 lens when shooting at f1.8, image quality consistently not good..

    even that i am using tripod, i am still able to see a little bit of "blur" on image.

    f2.0 or 1 stop ahead will give a lot better image.
    most lens have the sweet spot at two stops stop down from wide open, you need to pay a lot of money to get a pro lens which is design to be very sharp at wide open.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  5. #25

    Default Re: using 50mm 1.8 or larger aperture

    Quote Originally Posted by mokkimhong View Post
    by the way,

    i have tested a few.

    i found that 50mm f1.8 lens when shooting at f1.8, image quality consistently not good..

    even that i am using tripod, i am still able to see a little bit of "blur" on image.

    f2.0 or 1 stop ahead will give a lot better image.
    i believe you mean it's "soft". that's quite normal for lenses wide open. at 1 stop smaller aperture, of course the image will be sharper.

    but TS, this isn't related to your "shooting wide open why is it blur" question right? your previous question was on DoF. is this a new one? please don't confuse others.

  6. #26

    Default Re: using 50mm 1.8 or larger aperture

    How far is your subject? If it is within 2 meter & shooting at f1.8, the DOF is very thin, probably 10cm or less. You may want to check out it here:

    http://www.dofmaster.com/dofjs.html

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: using 50mm 1.8 or larger aperture

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    i believe you mean it's "soft". that's quite normal for lenses wide open. at 1 stop smaller aperture, of course the image will be sharper.

    but TS, this isn't related to your "shooting wide open why is it blur" question right? your previous question was on DoF. is this a new one? please don't confuse others.
    i think it is my language problem..
    lol

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: using 50mm 1.8 or larger aperture

    Quote Originally Posted by asthio88 View Post
    How far is your subject? If it is within 2 meter & shooting at f1.8, the DOF is very thin, probably 10cm or less. You may want to check out it here:

    http://www.dofmaster.com/dofjs.html
    thanks a lot.

    this number give me much more clearer picture


  9. #29

    Default Re: using 50mm 1.8 or larger aperture

    Quote Originally Posted by mokkimhong View Post
    i think it is my language problem..
    lol
    it's wording not language bro. so is it blur because it's soft, or simply carrying on your "why is it so blur at f1.8" thread?

  10. #30

    Default

    Maybe the user assume that image blur is due to hand shake , hence he/she increase the "shuttle" speed. ( forgetting about DOV)

  11. #31

    Default Re: using 50mm 1.8 or larger aperture

    Quote Originally Posted by noraa80 View Post
    Maybe the user assume that image blur is due to hand shake , hence he/she increase the "shuttle" speed. ( forgetting about DOV)
    You mean SHUTTER (not shuttle) speed and DOF (not DOV). Get the terms right.

    The "shuttle" speed is pretty fast, just ask NASA!
    Alpha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •